Caustic Arrow

If the actual projectile misses, does it still apply the poison cloud, even if it's piercing? In other words, does accuracy affect the poison cloud at all, or should I avoid it altogether in a PA build? Also, does the +% chaos damage from a qualitied added chaos damage affect the poison cloud?
The cloud stilll works, as noticed by animation.
PA on cloud is no.
Any and all chaos damage boosts (and dot) affects the cloud. Aoe size works but not sure on aoe damage, should but dont think it does.
THere is something i dont get with the wording of the skill :

"Base duration is x seconds
Deals x Base Chaos Damage per second"

This is ok.

"Gain x% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage"

What's this ?

What I understand is something like this :

I launch PA. It creates a cloud of poison, lasting X seconds.

During this time, any arrow i'll launch (let's say : split arrow) fired through the cloud will add some extra damage as chaos, according to my physical damage.

IS THAT RIGHT ?

If so, to sum up :

To have some sort of PA build, I need :

Extra DOT damage
Physical damage.

Can someone confirm to me if I'm right or not ?
Thx a lot
Nope. The arrow that emits the poison cloud gains that extra Chaos Damage.
The Poison Arrow is damaging totems now! ;)
"
wind77 wrote:

Poison arrow: 1415.9 chaos damage per second
Poison arrow + concentrated effect: 1415.9 chaos damage per second

This is a tooltip bug
IGN TylordRampage
You know those pictures arent loading right?
+Area Damage is still not calculated in the tooltip which is a bit unfortunate, now that you can get additional Area Damage pretty easy with Jewels.
Poison Arrow now procs Corrupting Blood in patch 2.0 and it procs 20 stacks in less than 1 second!!!(For whatever insane reason GGG has in order to troll the players more). Poison Arrows users beware.

-RANT-
Degen is now considered a hit yeah! And a very very fast hit too! Just that hit only procs debuffs by enemies to kill you but doesn't do anything beneficial to the players, eg: proc LGoH.
Lame hidden mechanics by GGG. GGG starting to suck to apply so many hidden mechanics.

oh well. It is their game.
F`$% GGG.

-Rant END-
Last edited by tenjou00 on Jul 30, 2015, 12:03:24 AM
"
tenjou00 wrote:
Degen is now considered a hit yeah!
No, it's not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info