Caustic Arrow

im doing exactly that, but with low lvl PA (dont have empower nor good +2/+1 bow and the ONLY +2 bow i have has like 90dps thus making puncture part meaningless

sadly the gameplay is clunky and in the core you are not playing a bow build..

also there is serious issue of fighting most exiles and several types of enemies: they destroy your traps! i know that there is a notable for that but sadly located unfavorably

then there is a problem of fast mobs that simply run trough your PA cloud and are too numerous to be effectively dealt with Puncture.

in short - i do not find 'general' gameplay of this concept good. for some cases - like fast tough dangerous boss - it is excelent with puncture+PA cloud powerful degen combo but general application is pretty meh
This skill is makin me FPS drops all day.
When you put it in Trap, it's not clunky, and it is super-fast and fun.

I've NEVER cleared this fast before. Just breeze through with 100% Movement Speed, throw cold snap trap, throw poison arrow trap, move along. Mobs stay frozen in the dot and die as I run to next... <3

Conc Effect affects it right? That's the impression I was under, but it doesn't seem to modify the tooltip.. o_0
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Conc Effect affects it right? That's the impression I was under, but it doesn't seem to modify the tooltip.. o_0
correct.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
However: Taken that projectile Damage nodes increase The DoT of PA, the +X% MORE Projectile Damage of Projectile Weakness should increase the DoT of PA. According to the new DoT changes it should work and it makes no sense and really sucks that it doesn´t work.
No. The change made damage modifiers applicable to DoT. Damage taken modifiers are both entirely separate, and applied after the point where DoT could be identified as coming from a specific (projectile) source.

Sorry for my lack of technical understanding on this, but I'm not really following - the true question I'm grappling with is, does this Concentrated Effect support gem actually increase the poison cloud's DOT? Or am I better off using the socket for something else like Added Chaos Damage so at least I'll be hitting targets harder for chaos damage on the initial hit.
Last edited by AlfaTangOh on Jun 4, 2014, 9:41:44 AM
con effect does work, the tool tip is just not changing.
GGG please make it damage totems. It is SO annoying to not able to do damage to totem bosses or to do totem-containing areas(((.

And please make any sort of chaos resistance reduction - for example an aura with 60% reservation and small radius that lowers choas res of adjastent mobs and deal some mediocre chaos dot. That would support PA so nicely AND give an aura diversity for PA users (currently all run grace-determ. +/- clarity).
The poison cloud just isn't competitive anymore when it comes to damage over time. Flameblast, Burning Arrow, Fire Trap, Herald of Ash, and Puncture have made it obsolete. Not only do all the aforementioned have an initial hit that scales the damage over time effect, but the effects have much higher damage potency potential with resistance bypassing and critical strikes. I really hope this looked into.
same name in-game
Ancestral Bond and Poison arrow:

"The poison clouds caused by Poison Arrow will still do damage."

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ancestral_Bond

I'm trying it and they just do green smoke and 0 dmg =(

"
iao wrote:
The poison cloud just isn't competitive anymore when it comes to damage over time. Flameblast, Burning Arrow, Fire Trap, Herald of Ash, and Puncture have made it obsolete. Not only do all the aforementioned have an initial hit that scales the damage over time effect, but the effects have much higher damage potency potential with resistance bypassing and critical strikes. I really hope this looked into.

Plus they can leech
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info