Infernal Blow

first off, elemental equilibrium does work on the explosion last i heard from other players.
next the chance to proc is incorrect but i can't seem to find the correct math for overlapping chance i read in the mechanics thread.
next the crit chance for the spell part (explosion) is not affected by weapon crit (your staff alone and passives for 2 handed and staves). so only the general or spell crit passives work.

res can go into negatives but in merciless monsters have more than 75% res (but have same cap on working res as we do).
can't answer this or next question, very likely devs won't say.
curses and supports will lower exactly how much they say they lower. a lv 16 for fire penetration is -40% fire res, elemental weakness and flammability are both -45% fire res.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
first off, elemental equilibrium does work on the explosion last i heard from other players.
next the chance to proc is incorrect but i can't seem to find the correct math for overlapping chance i read in the mechanics thread.
next the crit chance for the spell part (explosion) is not affected by weapon crit (your staff alone and passives for 2 handed and staves). so only the general or spell crit passives work.

res can go into negatives but in merciless monsters have more than 75% res (but have same cap on working res as we do).
can't answer this or next question, very likely devs won't say.
curses and supports will lower exactly how much they say they lower. a lv 16 for fire penetration is -40% fire res, elemental weakness and flammability are both -45% fire res.

Yeah gave up after 30 minutes of brainstorming on the overlapping chances haha
AND I don't want the spell to crit, I want the melee attack to crit ( should also burn all enemies? )
yes infernal blow's melee hit part can burn as it is making half your physical damage as fire. when a crit contains fire damage, there is burning which elemental proliferation spreads around. also the chance to burn proc for fire damage in general.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Nov 3, 2012, 7:46:04 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
yes infernal blow's melee hit part can burn as it is making half your physical damage as fire. when a crit contains fire damage, there is burning which elemental proliferation spreads around. also the chance to burn proc for fire damage in general.

So melee crit wont work? Only global crit and ignite chance?
Thats what it looks like.

As for total ignite chance, I think the calculation would be 40% on no crit, so if the crit chance was 42%, which it apparently isn't, then the additional chance to ignite would be ~58%*40%=23.2%.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
first, if serpent says global... then it'll work on spells too o.o unless the devs typo'ed which is doubtful considering its far away location. it's basically saying "all your crit is boosted if you use a staff". that would mean its doubly nice for infernal blow in specific. >.>

45% ignite chance. (ignite chance lv 16 + passive)
44.8% chance to crit on melee part of infernal blow via described staff. (8% +460% inc total)
32.55% chance to crit on the spell part of infernal blow. (7% +365% inc total)

((1-.45) *.3255) +.45 =62.9% chance to burn via explosion
(.55 *.448) +.45 =69.64% chance to burn via melee hit
"
Struyk wrote:
( I don't think Elemental Equilibrium works? on the explosion? )
It does.
"
Struyk wrote:
42.4% Chance to Crit -> Enemies caught in the explosion will burn
40% Chance to Ignite -> Enemies caught in the explosion will burn
You calculated your weapon's crit chance, not the explosion's. The explosion is not a weapon hit and does not use your weapon's crit chance.

"
Struyk wrote:
Can resistances go negative because of Flamability - Fire Penetration and Elemental Weakness?
Yes
"
Struyk wrote:
How much resistance to fire do mobs have in general?
Varies wildly between types of mosnters
"
Struyk wrote:
How much resistance to fire do fire resistant mobs have in general?
See above
"
Struyk wrote:
How much resistance gets removed because of fire penetration, elemental weakness and flamability?
The total of the amounts removed by each thing separately, which are visible on the gem/skill.
Why does this not work with daggers and claws? Combined with ele prof this could give these weapons a much needed aoe option.
my templar is now lvl44, this skill is actually becoming pretty darn good, I have it in a 3L(lol) at the moment with only increased ele damage with weapons and chance to ignite and about 15% crit. Im using a staff and 1 hitting most mobs, single target damage is great. I am almost at the point where one non-crit explosion + target ignited kills them 1 hit(same mob type non fire resist).
This skill is so bad to level with up until you get chance to ignite + decent aoe though.
Well, as a Templar, you already start close to some great AOE, don't you?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info