Flicker Strike

"
Gilhyan wrote:
Or maybe with resolute technique, the strike doesn't miss at all. In that case, Yes it needs a nerf.

I used resolute technique with 9% life leech on my marauder and flicker was still random (though inevitable) death for me. You either clean up everything or get some bad luck and die. Your chances of success are dependent mainly on your gear. With a 15% xp death penalty and hardcore mode this sort of random win or lose isn't a good thing.

No control = no skill, no fun.
I use this skill on my lvl 32 Duelist (dual-wielding). I mainly use it for closing in the distances between myself and ranged enemies. I am cautious to use it around large groups due to the fact that because I get less attacks out, there's less life leech/etc... if I get caught, I'm dead. The damage, besides producing less overall DPS then my other skill such as double strike and cleave, is pretty good. So when I open up with FS and follow up with a double strike, a blue and even gold enemies of my lvl fall pretty quickly. If I have time, I like to pop phase run before I use FS.

My huge concern with this is that sometimes it won't activate for some odd reason (it's not a mana issue). My duelist will just run to enemies. Other time it works flawlessly. I notice this usually happens when I run and then try to use it. Maybe it has something to do with animations of running not allowing FS to execute. The animation delays are a huge annoyance and concern for me. I wish skill executed instantaneously with animation continuing unless interrupted (like most other games).
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
I really don't like the idea of unavoidable skills in a game such as this and I don't feel adding a cool down will change that, possibly changing it to work more like lightning warp, with a .25-.5sec delay with a clear marker on the ground so players have the ability to react and escape if they are fast enough.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Well, I don't see how it's a bad thing to have this skill. They can add some more to counter-act with it. GW2 has similar skills, as well as D3. You just have to make sure other classes can balance it out.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
At the very least with cold snap you have to aim at a moving target, flicker you just click on someone and there is nothing they can do about it.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Yeah, but the DPS on it is mediocre. On top of that, usually low hp builds use this skill, thus, by using it they get less life leech if they continue using it. At this point it's only good for closing in distances, but then I'm sure they'll come up with a spell that let's you teleport away or something along those lines. Or if the person uses FS on you, and god forbid they accidentally hold down the button for two long, it goes for the second round. During all this time you can cast a few powerful spells right where you are at, and due to low life leech, that FS user will be dead.
So you're saying it becomes a half decent balanced spell if the user screws himself up....how is that a balancing feature?
They don't have to screw it up. Even if they don't screw it up and close in on you, you can manage to fight them off with your skills. That's the fun part. How ridiculous would it be for a ranged character to always be able to dodge a melee character and just kite them the whole time? In D2 I used charge before Enigma came around to close in distances with my paladin on sorcs, necros and zons.
Again, Charge was skill that required aiming and had to work around terrain it wasn't just click on a target and magically appear behind him plus get a free hit in sure you could name lock but then again half decent player is going to walk behind a small rock in the ground to break your charge line then completely destroy you which is why no good Chargers name locked and preferred to lead the targets and avoid anything that would trip them up. While not easy a at all a zon/sorc/necro had plenty of options to completely avoid a Charger in this game those options don't exist because the nature of the two spells are completely different.
Yeah but then Paladin got their Enigma to just teleport to enemies. You didn't see everyone just all of a sudden reroll to play paladin. PvP is skill based, there will be a way to counter flicker strike, you just have to find it. If this is such a huge concern, let's look at GW series, the mother of all PvP as far as I'm concerned. GW2 has lots of abilities that imitate FS, yet there are bunch of ways to counter them as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info