Explosive Arrow

No good news to EA?

Com-on devs do some buff to EA damage! Add more EA friendly class and increase damage from EA, pls!
there are plenty of nice build possibilities out there with 2.2 :-)

Got some builds ready for 2.2 and EA will again be one of them - as well as the build I will start with.

here is mine:
Spoiler
Elementalist:
Shaper of Desolution
Beavon of Ruin
Liege of Primordial

MoM, ZO, EB, Elemental Overload, Conduit (with the Chance to get charges on kill), Dual Curse.
running blasphemy with flammability and temporal chains together with arctic armor

uniques:
quill rain, emberwake, and later if possible (map mod) "the taming" or "Berek´s Respite".
late game: Carcass Jack, Devoto´s Devotion

skill:
EA - GMP - less Duration - inc. AoE - elemental focus - life leech / fire pen / X
Does the new increased critical strikes gem increase the base crit of the explosion and increase its chance to crit?
Yes.
anyone having huge lag/fps drops with EA on perandus chest mobs ? I make my whole party fps drop
ign: ropefly
Any information about the actual behaviour regarding the old practice to have one initial fuse set with a high level EA and then add more fuses with a mana-cheap low/level 1 EA gem?

And, even if that practice not longer works: how do support gems of different fuse "sources" interact? simple example what I mean: one fuse with Increased Area, one fuse with Concentrated Effect - what happens then/how are they 'combined' into the explosion?

Another for the case that not only the first fuse defines the amount of damage: how do different levels of the EA gem interact (one gem with +X from a bow, another gem without)?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Last edited by Citamon on Dec 24, 2018, 9:30:35 PM
Maybe it makes more sense to post here rather than the bug forum, this is something really odd I've found:

"
Reyrith wrote:

This might not be a bug at all, but if not then it is certainly a very interesting (a completely bonkers) mechanic.

As you know, exploding arrow can fire up to 5 arrows into an enemy, but they wont explode until you stop firing. This is all good.

Here's the catch, if you play with a friend who ALSO uses exploding arrow two things will happen:

1. Arrows wont explode until both players stop firing
2. ALL arrows do the damage of the LAST person hitting the enemy.

This means POE treats ALL arrows as a single entity, regardless from whom they came. That also means this is completely unplayable in teams, and I cant really think this is intended.

1. Was verified by me and my friend yesterday.
2. Verified by me and my friend yesterday (him lvl 38 and me 71 so the damage difference is quite substantial.

Here's the skill at the wiki:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Explosive_Arrow

Let me know if this is intended or not, if so it should probably be added to the wiki. And if it is, it's not really a good game design...

Would appreciate any and all insight regarding this!
EA applies a debuff to the enemy. When that debuff expires, the arrows explode. There's only one debuff regardless of how many people are firing into an enemy. Working as intended, sorry.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
EA applies a debuff to the enemy. When that debuff expires, the arrows explode. There's only one debuff regardless of how many people are firing into an enemy. Working as intended, sorry.

Even the fact that the damage is calculated on the last arrow that hits, regardless of who fired it?

Thanks for your reply!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info