Enduring Cry

one tap > default behavior

hold down > more effective taunt (?) etc (or charges last longer, more charges, idk)

just bringing the "hold" mechanics brought by the new skill

"
Cyboth wrote:
2) Doesn't work 100% (rare bug?). I have noticed many times (I will say rare though, maybe 1 out of 100 or even greater) you cast and it burns the cooldown but no charge is granted. When this occurs it also does not refresh the timer...that is how I know it isnt just a graphics bug.

When the cast is interrupted, the cooldown will trigger; EC was activated after all.
Make endurace charge give more % reduction depending on your armor (lets say from 0 to 5k armor it would work the same, but after 5k mark lets say every 3k or so extra armor gives each endurace charge extra 1% in reduction (making you without rings only with passive endurance charges absorb 7% more damage the more you stack, so with lets say 17k armor and endurances you would have 4x7+35=63% flat reduction from all damage plus some reduction from armor thus making endurance charges and armor WAY better than they are now, plus making melee and armor more viable), how does this idea sound?

Start by removing the Cooldown every time you join an area or change ANY GEM in your gear (even if its not related to the skill).
Going down a Portal or Way Point and not being able to use it when there are enemies because is in zone-cooldown is awful.

Also... I read on the notes that it had no cooldown at all at some point. Why was it added? I'm using 2 Enduring Cry gems because I need to build my 7 charges and the skill has a very long CD (specially when just fighting a solo-boss, so 1 charge per use) is painfully long. Are you using 2 Curse Gems because their cooldown is bigger than their duration? I didn't think so.

Also, as far as I'm concerned you could remove the Taunt-Part of the skill (since it seems to work when it feels like anyway, not making it reliable).
I would rather have mobs affected by it having their physical damage reduced (making armor better even in people not having the endurance charges) so they deal less damage to the party members than a taunt that may or may not take the aggro from them. Seriously, why is so random? Was it being abused by parties to taunt mobs from side to side or something? Or was always like this from the very beginning?
Last edited by Kaemonarch on Mar 7, 2013, 9:13:25 AM
The cooldown triggering upon changing areas is an engine limitation. Without confirmation I dare state that as fact.

The taunt has no duration; never has. When you cast EC, all monsters have their AI set to "kill that fucker". If something happens that draws aggro or othewise resets their AI (knockback, taking damage, ran into a rock), they can change their minds again.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 7, 2013, 12:06:19 PM
I just randomly had an idea about a change that I think would be amazing. Add these bonuses to Enduring Cry: +1 charge per magic enemy in the radius, +2 charges per rare enemy in the radius, and +3 charges per unique enemy in the radius. Or maybe even 1/3/5.

So let's say you've got level 20 EC and are facing a pack of 5 magic enemies. Using EC should grant 2 charges for the amount of monsters, then 5 additional charges because they're all magic for a total of 7 charges. Now say you come across a tough unique all by his lonesome, such as Kole. You get 1 charge for monster count plus 3 charges for him being a unique for 4 charges total. No longer do you have to run around like a moron trying to get your charges up before fighting. Well, you might still, but only for a fraction of the time.

"
I also understand the cooldown is to prevent people from being able to spam EC+discharge

That seems illogical given how fast you can already obtain frenzy charges. And if it was a problem, shouldn't they have added the cooldown to Discharge instead?
Last edited by StarlightGamer on Mar 9, 2013, 7:22:10 AM
"
"
I also understand the cooldown is to prevent people from being able to spam EC+discharge

That seems illogical given how fast you can already obtain frenzy charges. And if it was a problem, shouldn't they have added the cooldown to Discharge instead?

I'll agree here, this skill is significantly more frustrating to use since the cooldown was added. Previously if you got interrupted while casting you could just cast again, now you're stuck waiting and the rest of your team is probably getting killed by monsters which should be attacking you.
The charges have already a very short duration and that summed up with the CD creates a very frustrating experience :|, I just go around spamming the skill and hoping to meet the next mob pack before the charges expire.

Add to this that in this game the best Melee class is the one that uses ranged skills, and u know how fun is playing a melee marauder :| (which It is, I just don't like that defense-wise is very disappointing, one moment I rock and the next I explode in less than 1 sec.).
THE SALVATION OF ENDURING CRY (My opinion).

1. Reduce 5% to 2%, and give 1% chance to block to each ENDURANCE CHARGES
2. Increase the cooldown of ENDURING CRY TO 15 seconds.
3. Make ENDURANCE CHARGES last 30 seconds, up to 1 minute with 2 passivas.
4. Give ENDURANCE CHARGES by the number of enemies taunted (Max 3-6).
5. Make ENDURING CRY possible to cast while walking/attacking, he just SCREAM - Why stop to do this?? Stop all the time broke the experience.

I think the number 5 is ESSENCIAL.
What do you think about this changes?

Thanks.
"My life recover per second is your total HP"

Bunok - The Marauder
Last edited by tiagoschramm on Mar 13, 2013, 12:02:53 PM
I desperately want to see some quality of life buffs to endurance charges if they are going to remain necessary for late/end-game melee.
IGN: Kleev

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info