Elemental Weakness

Why isn't this gem tagged Fire, Cold, Lightning?
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
^ I came here to ask the same question, it seems to be at odds with elemental equilibrium as far as tags go.
I hate to be "that guy" but I think this curse needs the same treatment as Purity. Simply subtract 10% across the board, so at level 1 cursed enemies lose 20% from each elemental resistance and at 20 they lose 39%.

This would make so that with maximum gem quality the curse will have the same reduction potency as a level 20 version of any individualized elemental weakness curse.

As for the map modifier that inflicts the curse, simply replace it with the curse's own modifier and give it a range from 20% to 40%.

My number approximations for balance might be a little off but you get the idea.
same name in-game
It already went through that, flamibility for example is the fire version.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
It already went through that, flamibility for example is the fire version.

I'm talking about making it less powerful than the individualized versions.
same name in-game
Is there any source of how much resistances the monsters in lets say t16 maps with no special indicated resistance have?

Its kind of strange that Ele Weakness is the single Skill Gem in the game where its near impossible for the player to plan out how much power it actually gives your character. Every other gem lets you see how much it affects your power level by having "increased" or "more" or even "penetration", with the exception of ele weakness.

I feel like there needs to be clarification on the wiki on monster resistances or a change of the curse to something like "cursed monsters take X% more/increased damage from fire/cold/lightning"
"
GornoDD wrote:
Is there any source of how much resistances the monsters in lets say t16 maps with no special indicated resistance have?

With no indicated resistances? Precisely 0%. :)
If a monster has any amount of Resists, it's listed. Act/Map bosses tend to stick to the 35-45% Elemental Resist range (half that for Chaos), and monsters range from 0% to 75%, I believe mostly sticking to 20-50%.

Disclaimer: these numbers are based on datamined information that I'm recalling from memory. They're not going to be 100% accurate for absolutely everything, it's a guideline at the best of times.

"
GornoDD wrote:
Its kind of strange that Ele Weakness is the single Skill Gem in the game where its near impossible for the player to plan out how much power it actually gives your character. Every other gem lets you see how much it affects your power level by having "increased" or "more" or even "penetration", with the exception of ele weakness.

Penetration is almost exactly the same mechanic, and there's a whole host of modifiers that don't show up anywhere; conditionals (Hypothermia), unpredictable mechanics (Chain/Fork), Damage over Time (Ignite/Bleed/Poison), and separately-calculated Damage (Lightning/Molten Strike) to name a few.
There's so much shit that requires a bit of calculating to figure out what you're getting. What makes Elemental Weakness so special, exactly? :/

(and there's four Resistance Curses, so if anything it's one of four Gems)

"
GornoDD wrote:
cursed monsters take X% more/increased damage from fire/cold/lightning

That would be a notable nerf against high-resist monsters, which is precisely where Resistance Curses and Pen should shine, no? Here's some numbers on that subject:

100 Damage, monster has 50% Resist: 50 Damage dealt
40% Increased Damage Taken: 70 Damage dealt
40% Resist reduction: 90 Damage dealt (+80%)

100 Damage, 75% Resists: 25 Damage
40% IDT: 35 Damage
40% Rr: 65 Damage (+160%)

"
GornoDD wrote:
I feel like there needs to be clarification on the wiki on monster resistances

It's quicker to bring this up on the wiki :) It's not affiliated with the forum.
But, on the subject of the wiki: bla. More datamined stuff that doesn't really say much, but it's there.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 10, 2016, 3:17:25 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:

With no indicated resistances? Precisely 0%. :)
If a monster has any amount of Resists, it's listed. Act/Map bosses tend to stick to the 35-45% Elemental Resist range (half that for Chaos), and monsters range from 0% to 75%, I believe mostly sticking to 20-50%.

Disclaimer: these numbers are based on datamined information that I'm recalling from memory. They're not going to be 100% accurate for absolutely everything, it's a guideline at the best of times.

"
GornoDD wrote:

Penetration is almost exactly the same mechanic, and there's a whole host of modifiers that don't show up anywhere; conditionals (Hypothermia), unpredictable mechanics (Chain/Fork), Damage over Time (Ignite/Bleed/Poison), and separately-calculated Damage (Lightning/Molten Strike) to name a few.
There's so much shit that requires a bit of calculating to figure out what you're getting. What makes Elemental Weakness so special, exactly? :/

(and there's four Resistance Curses, so if anything it's one of four Gems)

"
GornoDD wrote:
cursed monsters take X% more/increased damage from fire/cold/lightning

That would be a notable nerf against high-resist monsters, which is precisely where Resistance Curses and Pen should shine, no? Here's some numbers on that subject:

100 Damage, monster has 50% Resist: 50 Damage dealt
40% Increased Damage Taken: 70 Damage dealt
40% Resist reduction: 90 Damage dealt (+80%)

100 Damage, 75% Resists: 25 Damage
40% IDT: 35 Damage
40% Rr: 65 Damage (+160%)

"
GornoDD wrote:
I feel like there needs to be clarification on the wiki on monster resistances

It's quicker to bring this up on the wiki :) It's not affiliated with the forum.
But, on the subject of the wiki: bla. More datamined stuff that doesn't really say much, but it's there.

Thanks alot mate. I was under the impression, that there are many monsters and bosses with above capped resistances where Ele Weakness is almost useless. But at 45% there is a benefit for this curse. Im planning a DoomFletch Prism Berserker with corrupted gloves for ele weakenss. The build already destroys T16 trash with or without resistances. My biggest concern was killing bosses
Last edited by GornoDD on Nov 11, 2016, 11:20:54 AM
Right so i currently play a chaos/curse occultist witch.

I'm doing this cause of the fast AOE clear i have right now and High single target dmg i can do when faced against bosses.

Currently lvl 61 with about 1300 health and about 1600 energy shield.

I was looking for more curses to apply since im using bane and despair casting bane and applying despair thus increasing my chaos dmg done to the enemies i use the curses on.

Here recently i decided to start going for more curses maybe one or 2 but since im using a curse for aoe dmg (bane) and soulrend for single target damage i dont see the need to be able to apply any more than 2 curses. im not doing melee or ranged attacks. all my damage is chaos. In an attempt to get more curses and maybe increase my damage i started looking for one more curse to be able to use, thus this search led me to Elemental weakness, How ever i dont believe Elemental weakness reduces chaos resistance as per most other posts Chaos is not considered Elemental dmg its more of a poison/void type of dmg thus Elemental weakness shouldnt work.

I havnt tried to apply Elemental weakness with bane and despair mainly cause i haven't gotten the passives to apply more than one curse at a time.

So i started doing research into Elemental weakness to see if it would work but everything leads me to believe it wouldnt.

Now, i come to my final statement. Why?

Why does Elemental weakness not lower chaos resistance as it does for the other "Elemental dmg." Seeing as each of the other elements have 2, curse gems that reduce the resistance but chaos has only 1 it seems rather low/un looked at.

Im not asking for this to be changed im asking for a way to do a pure curse build. or more chaos spells to use. :/

Plz and ty for reading this far :)
Chaos is not an element. Nothing affecting "elemental" anything applies to chaos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info