Elemental Weakness

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jan 5, 2023, 7:54:00 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Whoops! Will fix that up for 0.9.5
Balance & Design
Yes, resistances can go negative and this will cause things to take more damage than usual.
"
AzureBlue wrote:
I noticed that when I mouse over the skill gem (level 4), the description says it reduces 33% of enemies resistances. But when I hover over the skill's hotkey icon, the number is changed to 25%. Is this a bug? If it's not, which number is the correct one? Thanks~

It's a bug, fixed in 0.9.5
The skill popups need to include player stats for some things, but at present that means they include them for everything, and thus your resistances are factored into the popup, which is wrong.
The value on the gem is correct.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Vyluis wrote:
Looking for some clarification on how the extra effects work from this gem (10% increased chance to burn/freeze/shock). Does this add an independent form of applying the effects that is entirely separate from getting critical hits? You instead just have a 10% chance to get the effect every time you use the spell regardless of if it crits or not?
Yes. You still need to be dealing the appropriate type of damage.
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
Any time you have multiple projectiles a single target can only be hit once per cast. So even if you manage to overlap 5 projectiles onto a single monster, that monster will only get hit by 1 of the projectiles.
This is the case only for weapon projectiles - arrows and the projectiles fired from wands.

Projectiles like fireball and freezing pulse can "shotgun" a single monster if close enough. The exception to this is Ethereal Knives, which explicitly doesn't have this behaviour.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 20, 2012, 10:00:44 PM
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
Arrows and the projectiles fired from bows?
Wands, sorry.

"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
What about the projectiles from using Lightning Strike? Since those originated at a weapon, are they considered weapon projectiles?
There is a reason I didn't say "projectile from attacks". By "weapon projectiles" I was referring specifically to the projectiles which are part of the normal use of a weapon type - bows and wands. These function completely differently from other projectiles such as the ones from spells, or attacks like lightning strike. The former (arrows/wand projectiles) hit or miss entirely on accuracy/evasion, like other basic weapon attacks - you can't "get out of the way" to avoid an arrow. There is in fact no physical projectile which moves through the game world - there's just a visual arrow/wand-energy-burst-thing displayed to show what's hit.

In the case of projectile spells and skills other than those, the projectiles are a physical object spawned int he world which moves until it hits things. As such, these projectiles can be avoided physically by moving out of their path.

The two are entirely separate, except that both are considered "projectiles" for purposes of modifiers which apply to projectiles. They have different behaviors, one of which is that for the non-bow/wand projectiles, if all of them physically hit an object, they'll all hit that object - they're each separate and don't know about what the others are doing.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 20, 2012, 10:06:45 PM
"
szoltomi wrote:
Mark, does this apply to monsters as well? Archers' attacks cannot be manually avoided?
Yes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info