Elemental Weakness

snip

*posted in wrong thread*
Last edited by dztopia on Feb 1, 2012, 3:15:35 PM
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Just wanted to say that as far as playability goes, this skill is bloody near perfect. I use it all the time and it really improves with leveling which feels good too. It also means that witches who focus on a single element don't get screwed by every resistant enemy they fight, and as an amusing consequence, curse immune as an enemy buff is sometimes very relevant. Good job on this one.
My summoner witch uses this as a staple. I agree and wouldn't change a thing on this skill.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
Looking for some clarification on how the extra effects work from this gem (10% increased chance to burn/freeze/shock). Does this add an independent form of applying the effects that is entirely separate from getting critical hits? You instead just have a 10% chance to get the effect every time you use the spell regardless of if it crits or not?
"
Vyluis wrote:
Looking for some clarification on how the extra effects work from this gem (10% increased chance to burn/freeze/shock). Does this add an independent form of applying the effects that is entirely separate from getting critical hits? You instead just have a 10% chance to get the effect every time you use the spell regardless of if it crits or not?
Yes. You still need to be dealing the appropriate type of damage.
This is based on my experience leveling a witch to Ruthless in patch 0.98.

I agree with Bennyr's assessment of this spell. It is very well designed. Its potency and scaling are perfect. It adds a lot of dynamic to gameplay.
This skill is vital for my witch.

I'm using this in conjuction with Firestorm which is being buffed by Add Lightning Damage and Elemental Proliferation and its very potent indeed.

I would guesstimate 95% of my Firestorm attacks will trigger Burn and occasionally Shock which is VERY handy for my squishy Witch as she can't take very many hits and the burn effect also acts like a fear.

Summoning Zombies from Stone and Bone since 2011
30% resists removed at lvl 1? Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit much?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info