Elemental Weakness

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jan 5, 2023, 7:54:00 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I play a frost witch but still wondering (especially with the incoming changes to how minion explosion will be caclulated) why is the burning chance not getting more powerfull as the gem levels? Both chance to shock and chance to be frozen is getting some boost over the levels just chance to burn stays the same.

Unavailable
"I fear no evil, for I am fear incarnate!"

"Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves."
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Whoops! Will fix that up for 0.9.5
Balance & Design
Not quite clear on exactly how this works. When enemies "lose" X% resistances, is that only if they have them to begin with? Can you use this curse to force them into the negative?

I can't tell if this curse is having any effect on my Infernal Blow explosions (obviously having an effect on the swing damage).
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Yes, resistances can go negative and this will cause things to take more damage than usual.
I noticed that when I mouse over the skill gem (level 4), the description says it reduces 33% of enemies resistances. But when I hover over the skill's hotkey icon, the number is changed to 25%. Is this a bug? If it's not, which number is the correct one? Thanks~

"
AzureBlue wrote:
I noticed that when I mouse over the skill gem (level 4), the description says it reduces 33% of enemies resistances. But when I hover over the skill's hotkey icon, the number is changed to 25%. Is this a bug? If it's not, which number is the correct one? Thanks~

It's a bug, fixed in 0.9.5
The skill popups need to include player stats for some things, but at present that means they include them for everything, and thus your resistances are factored into the popup, which is wrong.
The value on the gem is correct.
0.9.5 feedback below this post

The skill seems to be working fine, but occasionally when cast upon a group of (i think) identical enemies, some loose the "resists cold" (or other element, except chaos) under their names, while other, similar mobs do not.

So say I encounter three skeleton archers and I hit them all with the skill, it frequently happens that only one of the has their "resists fire" removed.

Are the monsters really that random? I assumed they were all the same level and therefore had similar "specs".
It looks like when it's used on mobs with resistances, if the resist is removed entirely they lose their 'resist x' tag.

Take a skeleton that innately resists fire with an all resist aura. Cast EW, move the mouse off then back, and it will probably just show the resist fire.

Not sure if this is intentional to show when we removed a resist entirely or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info