Discharge

Right now I'm using GMP+Level 1 IceSpear+Chain for getting charges, and ColdSnap+IncAoE+EleProlif+ManaLeech for freezing packs. I'm running my Discharger as an IIQ/IIR farmer on Docks right now. I get 13k-23k Discharge dps, whilst maintaining 56/217 IIQ/IIR. Works out quite well imo.
My Gear

Edit: Also, if anyone is curious, I've included my Spreadsheet for calculating Discharge DPS (It is based on level 18 Discharge values.)
Spreadsheet
Google docs spreadsheet link
*Feel free to edit the values in the 'Copy' sheet, as the main sheet is locked.
Hope it's useful to some people ^.^
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jun 4, 2013, 4:06:22 PM
Hi,
do you think GGG will nerf discharge damage in the near future? I've seen people one-shotting everything on screen in a 4-5 man party. I plan to make one and it would be disappointing if they nerf it when i reach level 70.
Thanks
InG:
FFran
1. kripp mentioned searing touch would work with discharge.. I thought nothing increases discharge damage.. so searing touch properties increases discharge damage?

2. So all elemental damage skillpoints in skilltree increases discharge damage?
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Discharge is just a Spell like any other. Benefits from all the same crap.
"
FFran wrote:
Hi,
do you think GGG will nerf discharge damage in the near future? I've seen people one-shotting everything on screen in a 4-5 man party. I plan to make one and it would be disappointing if they nerf it when i reach level 70.
Thanks

yeah, and they also got oneshotted regulary on reflect...
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 13, 2013, 4:24:52 AM
Im not sure Discharge damage increases with +% Elemental damage nodes. At least the tooltip did not show increased values after i skilled elemental dominion. As a sidenote Kripparian also did not skill elemental dominion (+20% elemental damage) which would seem odd if it increased the damage...
Elemental and Spell damage apply just fine. The tooltip explicitly mentions the Base Damage; ie. before all bonuses are applied. If you generate Charges and look at the [C]haracter Sheet (which is a much more reliable source of damage numbers) you get the actual damage, if memory serves.
so GGG, will you nerf the damage of discharge seeing how kripp burns the whole screen with his immortal CI build??

it would suck to invest currency in a 6L searing touch just to get the build nerfed...

i bet alot of players would like to know that too
IGN: CyganuHipsterDischarge
You guys asking about nerfs:
There are several thing in the game that are way out balance. Two things regarding discharge are crit and burning dmg, In addition, recent itemization like the addition of volls devotion contribute towards the power of this spell (in fact there are so many uniques that fit the build just perfectly).
Discharge profits so hard here because it has the highest base crit chance and the hightest possible base fire damage ingame. So a possible direct nerf would be reducing the base crit chance from 8 to 7 or 6 (6 would be quite hard and would spoil power charge discharge which is imho the most intended build).
Indirect nerfs would affect crit system as a whole and burning damage (which needs major rework anyways to be honest). In addition there must be a change on energy shield scaling since it did basically not get nerfed cause of int scaling.

Conclusive I'd say that only ways to nerf current fire proliferation discharge are base crit (which is suboptimal due to other applications of the skill) and fire base dmg (wouldnt ruin the build, since the concept works fine with fireball or molten shell, too)

Anyways, I have a question, too, not shure if it was already answered:
Does discharge apply its different types of damage in different steps? Like first lightning, then fire, then frost? Or all simultaneously?
I ask because I observe enemies walking into a discharge being cast don't take the full damage.

IGN y_ce
"
y_ce wrote:
Does discharge apply its different types of damage in different steps? Like first lightning, then fire, then frost? Or all simultaneously?

Discharge works like any other Skill. It's one explosion, it's one hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info