Detonate Dead

Why does Detonate Dead reflect?

It's the corpse that explodes that deals the damage, not the caster of Detonate Dead. Not sure why it works like this when for instance traps don't reflect at all. Same with Infernal Blow, it does not cause reflect damage either from the explosions, why should Detonate Dead?
"
AveiMil wrote:
Why does Detonate Dead reflect?

It's the corpse that explodes that deals the damage, not the caster of Detonate Dead. Not sure why it works like this when for instance traps don't reflect at all. Same with Infernal Blow, it does not cause reflect damage either from the explosions, why should Detonate Dead?

i understand your logic but on the other hand, why does a fireball reflect? it's the fireball that does the damage, not the caster.
touché

Then again you are the source of the fireball, I'm not the source of the corpse.

Intuitively I did not think it did reflect until my Detonate Dead Fire Summoner recently starting using it and learned otherwise. Personally I think there are so many drawbacks with Detonate Dead already that reflect should not be one of them.
Last edited by AveiMil on Jun 28, 2013, 12:28:38 PM
An interesting argument. I'll bring it up with Carl.
cool!

yeah DD has several points to look at. overall a very strange behaving skill
but i hope they wont change too much cause i really like that skill!

i oneshot everything with a spell thats crazy fast and only cost me 16 mana 5-linked...all i need is a dead body and flameability
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
An interesting argument. I'll bring it up with Carl.

You know, I'm extremely pleased with GGG's willingness to listen to input from its fan base. I realize that I might not get this changed as I suggested, after all I am biased in my views here, there might be valid counter arguments and I completely accept that. Though the fact that you actually take the time to listen and consider/discuss it means a lot. In fact I'm so pleased I just picked up the Divine supporter pack.

To further my argument here are the other disadvantages I see with Detonate Dead:

1. Does not function purely as a primary skill as you already need a skill to provide you with at least one corpse to start spreading death.

2. Pretty much requires every single AoE passive which makes incorporating it into your build rather difficult partly because of #1. Also requires quite a bit of fire/ele damage passives as spell damage does nothing (also leveling the gem doesn't really do anything other than cost more mana :( ).

3. Suffers greatly when cold damage is involved (due to shattered mobs).

This is my fire summoner Detonate Dead witch. Doing this kind of build divides your focus quite a bit, I have to balance perfectly between Health Nodes, Fire/Ele damage nodes, Minion Nodes and AoE passives.

Add in that I have to worry about reflect on top of all of that this becomes rather difficult.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
One problem with using this skill is having a corpse to use it on in the beginning of a fight.

I suggest that this skill be usable on your own Zombies.

To have a zombie, you need to have a corpse first.
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
"
entropus wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
One problem with using this skill is having a corpse to use it on in the beginning of a fight.

Yes, but it's a lot more common to start a fight with a zombie than with a corpse, now isn't it. :)
Scrotum's suggestion allows it to chain into itself better, rather than rely on a different, more reliable source of damage for each and every fight.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 7, 2013, 2:30:12 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
entropus wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Yes, but it's a lot more common to start a fight with a zombie than with a corpse, now isn't it. :)
Scrotum's suggestion allows it to chain into itself better, rather than rely on a different, more reliable source of damage for each and every fight.
Exactly.

Right now, to play a dedicated Detonate Dead character, you either need to use a weapon switch and use a different build at the beginning of every fight, or integrate a second damage skill into your build and use that skill as an initiator for every fight. Since it's every fight, this encourages fully integrating the second skill into your build, which often makes Detonate Dead feel like a secondary skill.

With Zombies that can explode, you need to weapon switch or integrated second skill at the beginning of every play session, instead of every fight. This actually encourages the weapon switch option more, allowing you to dedicate more fully to Detonate Dead.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 7, 2013, 7:00:41 PM
Does increased Elemental Damage with Weapons works with DD or only increaded ele dmg ?
Be water, my friend.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info