Detonate Dead

"
FleepQc wrote:
You don't want to use conc effect unless you have a 6L carcass jack. The aoe is too small and you need life leech in there to not die to reflect. You also dont want to use culling strike because it is absolutely useless with detonate dead... There is way better supports than that.

Man, I wish I had a 6L Carcass Jack :o
Not so sure about the culling strike and CE part...

I run a lvl 1 DD with concentrated effect, increased area of effect, culling strike and chance to ignite....

I use flamability too

Both together kill mobs of the same or lower type instantly as long as they dont have huge fireresistance
In party play the damage doesnt scale but the ignite kicks in and does huge damage

Its so good that i dont even now what to link it with despite obvious fire pen and life leech. I dont need crits, shock or anything

I would like to see in the tooltip the dmg dealt from last detonated corpse, just so I can compare it to my other spells.

for example:
"Explosion deals base fire damage euqal to 18% of the corpse's maximum life (42 damage last target)"
One problem with using this skill is having a corpse to use it on in the beginning of a fight.

I suggest that this skill be usable on your own Zombies.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
It already is in a better version, called "Minion Instability".
The devs really need to fix the levelling progression on this skill. Nobody uses it for the physical damage and the mana progression is crazy. For the mana cost and requirements, lvl1 Detonate Dead is far too strong.
Does Elemental Dominion work with this skill? I've read that elemental damage increases work with it, and that spell damage increases do not work, but Elemental Adaptation states "increased elemental damage with spells".
detonate dead is still a spell and the "increased elemental damage with spells" aplies to it. Just spell power doesnt.
"
Incompetent wrote:
The devs really need to fix the levelling progression on this skill. Nobody uses it for the physical damage and the mana progression is crazy. For the mana cost and requirements, lvl1 Detonate Dead is far too strong.
+1
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Remote Mine seems like the natural support to use with this skill.

- more damage

- don't have to worry about reflect (which would otherwise be quite dangerous, given the enormous burst damage potential of the skill)

- no need to spam the skill so the fiddliness of dropping mines is not such a problem

- can drop mines right at the start of a battle (before you have enough corpses) or after the end of a battle (creating a trap to lure other monsters into from elsewhere), then detonate up to 5 corpses at once at just the right moment to cause maximum devastation

- can pair it with dual totems.
Last edited by Incompetent on Jun 24, 2013, 10:40:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info