Blood Rage

Suggestion:
- remove life leech
- add % increased physical damage
- add +0.4% of life regenerate per second per frenzy charge

--> if you can keep your frenzy charges up, you nearly nullify the chaos dmg.
Last edited by Fleischtorte on Dec 23, 2013, 2:43:43 PM
"
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Am I the only one who thinks Blood Rage is overpowered? You can get more than 94% attack speed from having Blood Rage active alone through empower/enhance in a +gem item with increased buff passives (i.e. inner force). Additionally, you get 18.352% life steal and frenzy charges after ever kill, giving you +15% attack speed in the event of having 3 charges (which everyone can get)... obviously it could get even higher if you took extra frenzy charges. Isn't that a bit too retarded when the only drawback is being forced to go low life + take chaos damage per second? Especially since you only need a 3-link for this so you can happily put a 2nd gem in your item which will also get the empower/enhance bonus...

Attack speed applies only on low life. Without Shavrone, chaos damage at low life will kill you very quickly. So, you need an endgame unique (Shavrone's wrappings) to make it work there.
Or, you can get CI and use blood rage for free, but no AS on lowlife bonus there. I still dont see OP there...

No need for uniques. It just takes decent life regen and a couple pieces of gear with chaos res.

I use a pair of gloves and a ring to up my chaos res to -17. With 170 HP/s regen I only lose 1 or 2 HP a second. So, I trade 170 regen for 6% life leech; not a bad trade.

If we are talking about empowering a late game blood rage, chaos res will just not cut it at that stage of the game, and any decent amount of burst will kill a low health exile
10% life leech is very strong if you manage to get over the negative chaos resistance it becomes even stronger if you manage to get about 20-50% chaos res, then you dont need any life leech gems or jewelry which is very nice( so you just stack chaos resistance).
I would like to question the design behind Frenzy charges being mostly an "on kill" mechanic. By mostly, I mean Bloodrage and 2 uniques that use this exact mechanic.

1. Why using that strict mechanic in the first place? it's tedious in group, it pretty much always run out of time unless you outdps everyone with AoE, it break the flow of combat when you have to recast Bloodrage again and again, it's very annoying to use in general while in groups. This is not a problem when soloing.

2. Why make it tedious and annoying to use in groups but not when soloing? this really look like an oversight of an old skill that simply need a design revision.

3. Why not use the "grants you a frenzy charge if an enemy is killed by, or soon after, the hit" mechanic like Power Syphon use? it's an awesome mechanic! don't you guys like awesome design like this? I see it as an evolution to the "on kill" mechanic, it's still on kill but flat out better and well thought.

4. Do you intend players to use the skill Frenzy to counter the on-kill mechanic of Bloodrage? Even as a non-primary attack without support gems? In other words, using Frenzy gem ONLY to refresh/stack frenzy charges.
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Jan 2, 2014, 2:21:41 AM
Chaos Innoculation build : No ASI on Low life Buffs. Last hit charges and life leech.

HP build : Need regen to overcome the chaos DoT

To get the Increased Attack Speed you need to be low life, that can only be safe by taking Shavronne's Wrappings, which can not prevent continuous chaos damage, so your ES can not regen unless you take the Zealot's Oath passive.
But without Vaal Pact you can not use high damage skills so ...

Most efficient way to deal damage with this skill is to give up the attack speed bonus and to go CI isn't it ?
Last edited by Hemsy on Jan 6, 2014, 12:03:06 AM
"
Warrax wrote:
I would like to question the design behind Frenzy charges being mostly an "on kill" mechanic. By mostly, I mean Bloodrage and 2 uniques that use this exact mechanic.

1. Why using that strict mechanic in the first place? it's tedious in group, it pretty much always run out of time unless you outdps everyone with AoE, it break the flow of combat when you have to recast Bloodrage again and again, it's very annoying to use in general while in groups. This is not a problem when soloing.

2. Why make it tedious and annoying to use in groups but not when soloing? this really look like an oversight of an old skill that simply need a design revision.

3. Why not use the "grants you a frenzy charge if an enemy is killed by, or soon after, the hit" mechanic like Power Syphon use? it's an awesome mechanic! don't you guys like awesome design like this? I see it as an evolution to the "on kill" mechanic, it's still on kill but flat out better and well thought.

4. Do you intend players to use the skill Frenzy to counter the on-kill mechanic of Bloodrage? Even as a non-primary attack without support gems? In other words, using Frenzy gem ONLY to refresh/stack frenzy charges.

1. Link increased duration for it. Recast every 27 seconds is quite easy.

3. That's what conduit is for.
4. Why not?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Chaos damage needs to be changed to physical, otherwise it hitting me too much with -60%.
Can we make life leech from all kind of dmg and not only physical?
Its annoying to play CI caster while you must have mana leech with life leech socketed.
▄█▀█▀█
I've heard a lot about using "regen skills and gear" to counter blood rage here. Did any of you tried that?

I did.
It didn't work.

I've stacked 14% sec life regen gear and it couldn't counter (or even slow down) blood rage (-40% chaos resist here - merciless). So, unless the regen from gear difers from the regen from passives, I would definitely scratch that option as a blood rage counter.

Not even sure that chaos resist will slow it down or mitigate blood rage effects.

Could that be a bug? Did anyone of you tested it as well?
No, you clearly don't have 14% Life Regen then. You take 4% Max Life as Chaos Damage per Second, with -40% Resists this is 4*1.4 = 5.6%. If you have 6% Regen, you will net gain Life per Second.

I've used Blood Rage on many characters, and they can all out-regen BR with ease.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 12, 2014, 10:41:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info