Nvidia Optimus Problem

tried all the posted solutions, and none of them work for me. still stuck at Intel Graphics HD 4000.
Same problem with HD 4000 and GTX 670M. Games keeps also server disconnects.
Trying a reinstall and deleted all relevant profiles in optimus with inspector.
Read every post in this thread and tried every suggested solution, but none of them work. Both the client.exe and the new PoE.exe shortcut is set to run with my dedicated graphic card in the nvidia settings, but when i open the game it still runs on the integrated intel card... Even if i right click the game and choose to run it with high performance gpu it still uses the crappy intel card. Tried the Nvidia inspector fix as well but didn't work either.
Did anyone find a fix that worked that is not mentioned in this thread? Would really appreciate some help, thanks!
I have a Lenovo Z570 and haven't had similar problems with other games.
Same problem. Was told this is because this game was not compiled on a Windows system because of lack of inclusion of [windows] libraries. I have no problem running other games, but this one in particular just doesn't want to let me use my dedi card =[
"Out of every unique I found so far (20+) all of them are fucking junk to a point that even the vendor tells me to shove em up my ass." - DarkKane

"All hack'n'slash games are based on the carrot on the stick 'method', and in PoE's case the stick is so long I can't even see the carrot." - Odoakar
Last edited by Evlesoa on May 4, 2013, 8:02:48 AM
Same problem here, i've tried everything in this discussion and all i could find on the internet, it worked fine on my old pc but now it always run on the intel hd 3000 thing instead of my 610m

I hope it will be fixed soon
Yeah, I just want to revive this thread.

For my MSI laptop none of the solutions worked. I tried nvidia inspector; deleting profiles; renaming client.exe to poe.exe; right-click -> use high-performance nvidia processor; nvidia control panel; making nvidia processor global; and everything altogether...

Still, every time I run the game it is the same "Intel Graphics HD 4600", and the choice is grayed out. :(

UPD: It looks like the game is actually running on nvidia card, because nvidia GPU activity shows the game, and FPS is 60 with high textures. So apparently it just shows the wrong card in the options menu. At least I hope so.
Last edited by Delynx on Aug 24, 2013, 4:54:11 AM
Wow, the optimization last patch really helped, the game runs, (albeit really badly) on the intel chipset, before it was unplayable, now it is tolerable. Unfortunatly, this problem still exists.
Anything new here? I also tried everything suggested in this thread. Nothing works... Can´t be that hard to fix the issue...

At the end, I end up with 10-25 frames max with 2,4GHz, 8GB RAM and a Geforce 610M / HD Graphics 4000 ...
Hello there.
I have a somewhat similar problem - the game states that is using the GeForce 555M but nevertheless it is not running smooth at all. I am no expert in PoE requirements but but i have seen it playing smoothly on lesser systems.
For reference i use Y570 laptop with GF555M 8GB of ram and Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.30GHz.
Is there a way to fix that issue by disabling the integrated graphics card or something like that?
Found the solution:

Go into "NVIDIA Control Panel"

Manage 3D Setting

Click on "Program Settings"

Then Add "PathOfExileSteam" (or what it is called on your pc)

Then right below it says "Select the preffered graphics processor for this program"

Then pick "High-Performance NVIDIA processor"

There you go (:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info