[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

Thanks - using this guide in HC now - what do you recommend using until we can find the whirlwind skill gem? Im just using flame totem and ground slam.
Would go with that. Basically it doesn´t matter. What ever you find suitable. In my Experience Groundslam (AOE) or Cleave work best. Did it with Molten Strike once... NEVER ever doing it again. That was a pain in the **s!

Im currently divided between these two axes. With the Fleshripper I get around 26.7K DPS with Hatred and Blood Rage enabled while with the Kaoms Primacy its only 23.3K DPS. However, I dont know if the culling strike on the Kaoms Primacy ultimately makes up for the lack of DPS. Maybe to you its a little more obvious than to me.
"
MrObscura wrote:
i went unyielding, then unstoppable and just picked up unflinching. im level 79 right now and was having trouble with merci izaro so mapped for a while and then went back. he was a faceroll this time.

im only on tier 5 maps and dont even have vaal haste yet and i do have to swap out a damage gem for blood magic on some bosses or i run out of mana. but for the most part up to tier 5 as been a cake walk, but im wonder how far this build can actually go when when decked out completely according to the guide? anyone know? are high tiers possible? im debating whether or not to carry on with this build and see it through to the end or start another, but its a tough choice since mapping and furthering this build sounds much more enjoyable than leveling another, especially since so many builds seem dull(imo) or require a lot to get going either in regards to specific gear/currency and/or needing to level a specific way and than transition into the intended skills. but at the same time if this one will simply hit a wall sooner rather than later im not sure its worth going on.

edit: well im on tier 6s now and i have to say im not sure im feeling this build. mana is a real issue and i need to use blood magic if i dont want to cyclone to sputter out and damage against tougher enemies doesnt seem very good, they take forever to go down.

I ran into mana issues too. This is how i fixed it. I dropped the Blasphemy-Warlords setup completely. It just reserved way too much of my mana pool, and Hexproof maps are pretty much impossible if you rely on Warlords Mark for mana. What I did instead was getting the first mana leech node from the Leech cluster in the Duelist area. It only takes 1 points to get there and 1 point for the node itself, it's to the right of the Frenzy Charge nodes you take. This one little node solved everything, I'm in T10 maps now and have never run into any mana issues again.
An added bonus to my approach is that you actually can use Herald of Ash instead of the Blasphemy-Warlords setup. HoA improved my clear speed noticeably.
ill keep that in mind if i ever go back to this character. i got it up to level 81 but like i said in tier 6 maps not only was mana an issue but damage was as well. though it sounds like your approach killed two birds with one stone.

for now though im going to keep leveling the LA ranger i rolled. it seems like itll play out the opposite of the cyclone marauder in that the marauder pretty much face rolled through everything including merciless minus a few bosses without even paying attention to gear/resists until i reached merciless, meanwhile my ranger is currently rather squishy and has died a whole lot while not always doing much damage. but im going to see it through since the end build should be fun as hell.
Has anyone here actually done high tier red maps/Guardians/Shaper with this build?
I feel like I've hit a wall at T11 maps and some T10 map bosses.
Feels like single target damage is severely lacking at this point.

There s a usefull item set for this build just to give u a idea.

and other options for gems

And jewels of course
Hey, for single target damage, try this blasphemy to vulnerability and an ancestral warchief totem with vaal haste and an atziri flask / silver flask you should be able to push very high dmg. Void heart adds alot of dmg too. This was a great beginner guide, much appreciated LNB it was my first build on poe thanks. I switched to Lightys guide AT LVL A92 as it felt a bit more in depth for the experienced but this huide is perfect for your first character on PoE.
well, im back to this build. lol

the ranger is just far too squishy. im at one of the mini arenas in act3 cruel and i simply cant get past it, as soon as i enter im swarmed and killed instantly. lol ranged as never really been my thing, ive always been a tanky melee sort of guy, so back to the marauder cyclone! to bad i wasted a fair bit of currency on the ranger, oh well.

anyway i think ive been approaching end game wrong. i was struggling in tier 6 maps with my cyclone but i havent upgraded gear since cruel, outside of getting resists. i was trying to constantly move to the next tier maps and thats it. ive never played arpgs to the end game before and didnt realize that im probably supposed to run the same maps over and over getting drops to improve my character before progressing. only problem is going back to this character im reminded how slow clearspeed is.

another thing im confused about is how do people get all the gem quality up? to they farm until the can afford 20/20 gems or trade in for a 20% gem and then level it all over again? and i also dont get how people accumulate enough currency? how the hell am i supposed to get exalted orbs? it seems like itll take forever using the chaos recipe, and the only other way ive seen is through crafting high priced gear to sell.
Last edited by MrObscura on Oct 27, 2016, 7:51:04 PM
My variant drops the second high lvl cast when damage taken and instead runs an Ancestral Warchief totem with faster attack, Melee Phys, and Conc effect for bosses. Also look into the Titanguard gloves for some major damage boosts. very good set of gloves.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info