[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

Thank you for the feedback guys, it is very valuable to potential new players who want to try out the build.

A quick note about tier 14-15 map bosses; you should never expect these to be easy with any build. Most of these bosses are incredibly tough and require a lot of experience/practice to safely kill. If you guys have done this so far, well done. But yea, the point is that almost any build will experience a hard time against those bosses (with exceptions of course) .
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Really nice build! I told my friends already and we are testing it on Perandus. No problems with lvl-ing at all, good DPS, survivability. It`s one of the guides that reanimated the Cyclone Marauder since the Double Tornado passed away. Thumbs up!

P.S. One question bothers me - how you use the Bloodrage? I mean, on your video it`s icon shadowed, so it`s totally automatic cast. Or you use it manually?
"
ZLObarik wrote:
Really nice build! I told my friends already and we are testing it on Perandus. No problems with lvl-ing at all, good DPS, survivability. It`s one of the guides that reanimated the Cyclone Marauder since the Double Tornado passed away. Thumbs up!

P.S. One question bothers me - how you use the Bloodrage? I mean, on your video it`s icon shadowed, so it`s totally automatic cast. Or you use it manually?

Glad you guys like it, thanks for the feedback!

You can either link it to CWDT to have it cast automatically or self-cast it. With the ladder you save a support gem slot, but it is up to you :)
"
With the ladder you save a support gem slot

Not trying to be a dick here, but I just want to point out that it's spelled 'latter'.
hey lifting! currently enjoying the build and closing up on having two 6-links, what would you add for a second 6 link?

- Defensive setup
- Mobility & Curse
- Aura & Golem
- Vaal Skills & Frenzy Charges

And what gems would you add? Much appreciated!
Wondering why my Aura & Golem

- Hatred, Rallying Cry, CWDT (lvl 1) & Flame Golem (lvl 2)

Wondering why my Hatred isnt casting with CWDT. Currently I have Cast When Damage Taken linked with flame golem(which works) and hatred(which doesn't cast. In CWDT tooltip it says it doesnt work with spells that are 38 or higher and Hatred is lvl 39.

Thanks
Last edited by Ethryl on Apr 10, 2016, 7:03:51 PM
"
Ethryl wrote:
Wondering why my Aura & Golem

- Hatred, Rallying Cry, CWDT (lvl 1) & Flame Golem (lvl 2)

Wondering why my Hatred isnt casting with CWDT. Currently I have Cast When Damage Taken linked with flame golem(which works) and hatred(which doesn't cast. In CWDT tooltip it says it doesnt work with spells that are 38 or higher and Hatred is lvl 39.
Thanks

Hatred is an aura and won't cast with CWDT, you'd have to cast it on a skill slot. You also can't cast anything that's higher lvl than what CWDT gem level requirement is.

------------

"
Thank you for the feedback guys, it is very valuable to potential new players who want to try out the build.

A quick note about tier 14-15 map bosses; you should never expect these to be easy with any build. Most of these bosses are incredibly tough and require a lot of experience/practice to safely kill. If you guys have done this so far, well done. But yea, the point is that almost any build will experience a hard time against those bosses (with exceptions of course) .

I think with my experience so far at T14-15, there are certain bosses that are only manageable with few certain builds, the vast majority of builds are a huge struggle. My advice is to have 2nd character with one of those builds just for those maps, but that's pretty expensive.

- This build is Atziri viable, but not Atziri reliable and you won't get her every time all the time, simply sometimes split phase will get you because your dps isn't high enough and so on. There are builds out there that just melt her down, look for one of those if you're planning to just do Atziri.

- This build is Izaro viable and reliable, I get him every time now without any issues.

- This build is up to T13 and some T14's viable and very reliable - I rarely die on any map now, if I do it's mostly a random mistake or lag spike.

The only mistake I've done is kill Oak on Normal instead of helping him and lost the life bonus there. Once you reach 6k armor and 5k life, you can run any map you want, except T14-15 bosses.

Downsides and what to avoid in maps you run:

- Build is very unfriendly with 40-60% reduction to Life Regeneration mod and No Life Regen.
- Annoying is Monsters immune to curses, if you get Blood magic with 6L, no issues.
- Very unfriendly to close combat/high damage bosses and the ones that have high movement speed and run away fast.
- Elemental/Phisical damage reflection (Swap WED or Melee Physical gem for Life on Hit depending on the type of reflect)

I'd recommend to follow the tree to around Level 75-80 and then take your own path on it based on gear.

Here is what my gear looks like at 91 and feels good, except 6 links on axe/chest (I hope it gives you an idea what can you expect, everything was pretty cheap, except the Axe:

Spoiler

Passive tree with 4 jewels:

Stats:
Spoiler

Last edited by BGSilentKiller on Apr 10, 2016, 8:16:20 PM
Is it viable to go Berserker with this build on Hardcore? I imagine that tweaking the tree a little to grab a few more life nodes should make it okay but I wanted another opinion.
"
ThraxAttack wrote:
Is it viable to go Berserker with this build on Hardcore? I imagine that tweaking the tree a little to grab a few more life nodes should make it okay but I wanted another opinion.

Sure berzerker is a decent alternative :)
Hello LNB!! I like your guides and twitch ! :D:D
Question about this cyclone build. What type of armor should i use if i run with duelist champion, i mean gears with evasion, armor, or armor and evasion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info