[2.0] MF | Dual Flame Totem | BM | Mapper | 56 IIQ/340 IIR

"

What do you do once 80, just farm low level maps like dunes/shore?

I seen a video the other day of a guy doing the mod to spawn 4 ghosts on shore map, and using a 0 dps cyclone guy to round up heaps of mobs while he culls, but I'm guessing that's not really viable now with the nerf to ghosts.

Well, it depends. One reason for which I hated doing maps at first was that 6 portals were not enough to bring all the rares and other stuff that I deemed valuable about 80% of the time. I felt like being inefficient. And rares is how I started building up currency.So if 1 or 2 exalted orbs still can benefit your build significantly, I'd suggest sticking to lake and grinding those alterations.

Also, since I was relatively new to the game, I did not know anything about maps and their bosses and was dying frequently to them. But few days ago I decided to start doing maps again. I would do every single map and leave quick notes after finishing it. About layout, boss strength etc. And then would do the good ones again. My conclusion is that maps are better than dried lake if you are strong enough to do them. Here is why:

1. If you are 85 lvl for instance, full dried lake clear gives up to 1% exp. 72 lvl map gives ~3%, 73 lvl map gives 5-6% and 74 lvl up to 10%. So yeah. If you still want to level, maps are much better than Lake.
2. From 73 level maps you can start doing regal recipe and regals are nearly twice as valuable as chaos orbs in standard.
3. Rares in maps have better affixes, you find more rares that you can sell to players.
4. You generally find more items in there because of increased IIQ/IIR, so you will get better items more often. Yesterday for instance, my best drop was unique Crown of Eyes. They start from 4ex (roll like mine).

Conclusion: if you feel strong do maps, but MFers generally don't get strong enough as quickly as other builds. But with my adaptation of this build I destroyed 74s yesterday. I did die here and there when trying new maps that I haven't tried ever before but mostly because of ignorance. Once I learned what to be wary of I stopped dying. Today I will try 75s.

Also: I don't think there is a huge difference between Lake and 68s-69s, even 70s. Maps start to outshine Lake in higher levels.
Last edited by Nazzaar on Aug 28, 2015, 6:23:11 AM
Thanks a lot for the detailed post!

Atm I'm level 81 and focused on leveling while trying to make bank. I've been running easy 73 maps like strand, in another level or so I'll move up to 74/75 maps. I just want to rush to about level 87-88 to get the stuff I want in skill tree then focus solely on farming. After all.. the whole point of me making this guy is to fund my main character.
Amazing build, running it for 3 days and so far I liked it a lot.

Gonna post later about the adaptations I did and the equipment I'm currently running.
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.
Last edited by SzejkM8 on Aug 29, 2015, 9:56:14 AM
Hey Mfrs!
Amazing build! im just geting lvl 50 and work very well
one question...

What About autocurse? i have another build and work fine...but with HoI not HoT
the idea is something like flamability+CoH+HoT+Increased Duration

do you think its worst try that?
Ok, so, as promised, here's what I'm using. I made some adaptations to the build itself (like, put one more jewel slot so I could have some more HP stats and more dexterity, to level other kind of gems). In exhange, I lost some DPS, but nothing that will make it won't work.

Here's my equipment:

And here's my pots:

So far I'm level 72 and it's working pretty well. The only problem is that maps with modifications on the ground (frozen ground, chilled ground, etc.) are kinda hard for me to do since I can't move that much (and I can't get used to use lightning warp that much).

Maybe when my Faster Casting jewels hit 20% quality it'll work better.
♣ IGN: DoctaMagicFinder
♣ My YouTube channel: youtube.com/doctagaming
♠ Proud brazilian player.
"
Nazzaar wrote:
Am. Quick update. I have been saving agates since the start of this month and today I saved enough to try and chance myself Voll's Devotion, which go for ~30ex. Here's the result of chance session:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Maybe MF positively influences chancing as well? :D But most likely just crazy rng.

EDIT: Sold the second one for 31 ex.
EDIT2: Sold the first one for 30 ex and 3 divines.

Just curious, but does the item level matter when chancing agates?
Nope.
hey can you update the links,Poedb shut down and we cant access the skill tree anymore, thank you.
Hey evryone

It's seems that POEDB is down forever.

Is there a way to have the skill tree of this build again ?

TY vm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info