[2.0] MF | Dual Flame Totem | BM | Mapper | 56 IIQ/340 IIR

This build is inspired by NerdLiftingBro's dual flame totem bm. He explains very well how Flame Totem works and what you should look for here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-nDcpIUzLY , so i'm not gonna go into details, you can watch the video for them. I just optimized it for mapping MF.

Some of you may know me from my 1.2.0 - 1.3.0 SRS HP Scion build which got pretty popular : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1029967. Wanted to try something different now.

Video with Gameplay Arena lvl 71 Map

Current Gear
Spoiler

Be aware, in order to make currency with this build, you have to invest first. At the current prices, the total cost of my items would be 12-15 exalted give or take. But i started from 0, so if i could do it, you can too!

Current Defence Stats
Spoiler

Current Misc Stats
Spoiler

Current Skill Tree
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcEswYOBqAJ9gthDjwQWBDMES0UcRkuGjgc5x8CJbwnLyftKo0rtiycLKcyNDLRNZI22DpYOtg8LUSrRUdG10kbSsRKyFWuVcZXDVcpWOVZ81orXl1khGZUZp5oZWjyah5uqnGFcg92EXyDggeCEIKbguSDX4PMg9uHZYqvjEaPppARkFWUb5o7ogCj8qeUrJivbK-br7exQrXytz7AZsMTxPbGrtH90iHUfNi92WHZfNq520_fsN-_4MPhc-vu7DjsVfAf8WzyL_JB85v2rviT-b3-Cg==

Leveling Guide

31 Skill Points used:
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBLMQWBEtGjgnLyycMtE62ESrRUdVrljlWfNaK2aecg98g4IQgpuHZY-mkFWaO6IAo_LAZsMT37Dhc-vu7Dg=

58 Skill Points used:
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBLMGDgn2C2EOPBBYEMwRLRRxGS4aOCW8Jy8n7Su2LJwy0TrYRKtFR1WuVw1Y5VnzWitmnmjycg98g4IHghCCm4dljEaPppBVmjuiAKPyr2zAZsMTxPbGrtIh1HzZYdl820_fsN-_4MPhc-vu7DjwH_JB-JM=

76 Skill Points used:
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcEswYOCfYLYQ48EFgQzBEtFHEZLho4HwIlvCcvJ-0qjSu2LJwyNDLRNtg6WDrYRKtFR0bXSRtVrlXGVw1XKVjlWfNaK2aeaPJxhXIPfIOCB4IQgpuD24dljEaPppBVmjuiAKPyrJivbK-3sULAZsMTxPbGrtIh1HzZYdl82rnbT9-w37_gw-Fz6-7sOOxV8B_xbPJB-JM=

107 Skill Points used:
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBAcEswYOBqAJ9gthDjwQWBDMES0UcRkuGjgc5x8CJbwnLyftKo0rtiycLKcyNDLRNZI22DpYOtg8LUSrRUdG10kbSsRKyFWuVcZXDVcpWOVZ81orXl1khGZUZp5oZWjyah5uqnGFcg92EXyDggeCEIKbguSDX4PMg9uHZYqvjEaPppARkFWUb5o7ogCj8qeUrJivbK-br7exQrXytz7AZsMTxPbGrtH90iHUfNi92WHZfNq520_fsN-_4MPhc-vu7DjsVfAf8WzyL_JB85v2rviT-b3-Cg==

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak - Kill - Kill

Jewell's - Clear Mind has Priority
Spoiler

I recently crafted this jewell but currently lack the dexterity on other gear to replace it

Leveling and Gearing
Spoiler
1. First thing you are gonna do is get flame totem at level 4. You will level with and +lightning tendrils. At least thats the way i did it and it worked just fine for me.

2. Secondly, you are going to buy a perfect Sadima's Touch gloves ( no need for lower rolls, they are cheap ) and Perandus Blazon belt ( perfect roll again, they are really cheap ). Because of this, you will get a lot of currencies drop as you level and you can start building that wealth to buy your boots.

3. Your next priority is the Goldwyrm Boots. They are pretty expensive ( 2 exalted+ ) this league because the drop was nerfed. Any roll would do, but preferably +17 quantity ones.

4. So you got to Merciless, finished the game and now you start mapping. Your next priority is the total game changer for this build : Sire of Shards staff. This will make each flame totem fire 7 projectiles in a nova around the totem. GG, game over. Any roll over 75% projectile damage will do just fine. Immediately after you get your Sire of Shards, your target is to 5-link it so you can add Item Rarity in your links with the Flame Totem.

5. Your next and final top priority is the chest armor Greed's Embrace. A very good roll will give you 13+ quantity and 44+ rarity which is excellent for our purposes.

Very Important!!!

This is not a level 100 end-game build. This build is designed to make currency like a madman to finance whatever other builds and having fun in the same time. You don't have to get stuck farming a single boss for 1 month to get wealthy. I personally stopped leveling at 87 and stopped giving a shit about xp because there really wasn't something i wanted to get from the skill tree.

Don't get me wrong, you can level if you want, but your clearing speed will be 2x slower. It's not worth it.

Gem Links
Spoiler
Sire of Shards 4L: Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Fire Pen + Faster Projectiles
Sire of Shards 5L: Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Fire Pen + Faster Projectiles + Item Rarity
Sire of Shards 5L: Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Fire Pen + Faster Projectiles + Item Rarity + Added Chaos Damage
Greed's Embrace 4L + 2 S ( i accidently 5 linked mine ): 4L - CWTD - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration |
Sadima's 4L : Vaal Haste + Herald of Thunder + Flammability + Increased Duration
Helm 3L + 1S: Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Casting
Goldwyrm 2L : Flame Golem + Minion and Totem Resistances

Now, you probably saw in my gear that i have different links. Learn from my mistakes. I thought Flame Golem was worth 4 linking. It's not. At least not for this build. Plain and simple: he sucks, he will die anyway.

After you read the links you are probably wondering: "ok, what about the rest of the slots?" Well, we are trying to make currency aren't we? By my calculation we should have a total of 11 Free slots.
- 1 of the slots i recommend using it to level Added Chaos Damage in case RNGJesus strikes you and you 6 link your staff.
- the other 10 slots, well, i personally use them for leveling Flame Totems to vaal them to get a lvl 21 to boost my dps significantly. Level 20 Flame Totems uncorrupted sell for pretty well aswell. However, if you want to make pure currency, just level a lot of Empowers and Enlightens. The market seems to be pretty good for them at the moment. ( please don't do it, don't flood the market with them to ruin my master plan ).

Now let's see the Pro's and Con's:
Pro's:
Spoiler
- You can make a lot of currency mapping. You don't have to farm one single boss for the rest of your life
- You can clear the entire screen in 3 seconds by placing 2 flame totems at a decent distance from one another
- Decent Single DPS target
- Excellent Group DPS
- You can just alc all the maps, you don't realy care about the mods.

Con's:
Spoiler
- I have exactly 88 stash tabs and i feel i need to buy more. Don't use this build if you have under 20 Stash tabs. You may feel i am exagerating, but i'm not. On a normal map i use at least 3 town portals just to bring the loot home. In maps like Museum or Arena, 6 portals are sometimes not enough. Again, i'm being serious about this.
This is how Lvl 71 Shores map boss looks like and note that i'm using a filter so only the good items are shown. If i press Alt i lag. Imagine the Arena bosses

- Your physical reductions is close to 0. You need to be good at kitting and to be able to get in your reflexes to always place the totems in areas not explored, before you go in them. You don't go wondering around, take 10k damage, back up and then put the totems. No, no my friend. Totems always first, they can sure hell tank way more than you do, trust me.

- There are some bosses you can't do. So far i haven't been able to kill Graveyard Merveil.

- Again, you are squishy as hell. If you can't learn to place the totems first, there is no use to try this build. Use that lightning warp. It's an ass saver

- You need be on a constant move. You place your totems and you run in circles or lightning warp like a madman around them till everything is dead ( usually 3-4 seconds tops )

TIPS:

- I've been using this loot filter since day 1 and i'm extremely happy with it: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208/page/1

- From my experience so far, it's best to always do the 2 chaos recipe, not the 1 chaos recipe. I have some pretty good jewellery found in my stash worth 1 exalted+ each. Noone buy's it. As a MF'er so far it's much more profitable for me at least, to just do the unidentified rare recipe for 2 chaos. With the amount of loot i get, i can easily make 60+ chaos/day just with this. If you run out of amulets, remember to pick up Iron rings and do the unidentified amulet recipe ( 7 iron rings + 1 paua ring or coral ring = 1 unidentified paua amulet or coral amulet )

- Try to do your Master Daily Rotations on /global 820. It is very important for us MF'ers. Trust me. Since we get a lot of items, more than 50% of them can be crafted at the benches to add value to their sale. For example. You drop a pair of gloves with 40 light res, 40 fire res. Normaly they would be 1 chaos because no hp right? Wrong. You go to your Haku workbench, you add hp to it and Voila! it's now worth 4 chaos and you only spent 10 alterations. Same principle applies to all items. If you can add a resistance to it, do it. You will sell your item much faster

- Use PROCUREMENT. You are worthless without it. Don't waste time trying to sell items on trade channels. You rather do some mapping while your items sell automatically with Procurement. Currently my procurement stash tabs look like this:
5Alt, 5Al5, 5Alt, 5Alt, 5Alt, 10Alt, 12Alt, 15Alt, 1Chaos, 2Chaos, 3Chaos, 4Chaos, 5Chaos, 6Chaos, 7Chaos, 8Chaos, 9Chaos, 10Chaos, 12Chaos, 15Chaos, EndGame.
Some of you may laugh because i have 5 tabs with 5 alteration items. Guess what, selling 20 items like that a day brings me 100 extra alterations than you.

- Sustaining your Map Pool. This is a very debated topic, but here is how i do it. I did all the 68's, 69's and 70's till i got 30+ 71's. After that i did only 71's till i ran out of them. Did that until i got at least 40 lvl 72's. This way i never ran out of lvl 71+ maps. We are not playing this build for xp, we are doing it for the loot. I alched all the maps starting with my first 68. Alchemy's are not a problem for us. We have hight IIQ and they drop very frequently.

Thats about it. There are probably more things that can be covered but you should know them. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will answer if i can.

PS: English is not my native language so sry if i mispelled some words or had bad grammar.
Last edited by AlexUngur on Jul 31, 2015, 2:12:33 PM
WoW if u check my profile you see i dont post too much but this guide deserved a reply, Awesome guide thx a lot and u make me a rich man!!!!!!!!!
@ad09min80 Thank you. Hope you will acquire the wealth you want :)

Just made a video of a lvl 71 Arena Map gameplay to give you an idea of the build.
Last edited by AlexUngur on Jul 25, 2015, 1:32:22 AM
Hi,

thanks for the guide. Have u tried a crit flame totem build? Curious if it will clear faster.
@rieku you are welcome. I haven't tried going crit yet. At the moment i feel i don't have too. Will have to see on higher level maps how well i can clear with my current dps and depending on that i will optimize.
What bandits did you do?

Oak-Alira-Point?
Oak - Point - Point
Sry, forgot to add that, will do now
Nice guide. I started with NerdLiftingBro's build and have been transitioning to yours in order to MF. Have you tried not using blood magic? You're not using Infernal Mantle so you don't have to worry about the low mana damag like NerdLiftingBro's build does. Without blood magic you could use divination distillate.
Budget option for boots: Sundance.

leveling it atm, was a breeze so far (op flametotem)

Question: Jewels? Only blue/rares or Rain+the fully reserved mana thingy?
Nice build. Doing a variation of it for farming Dominus on Tempest League. Took the Scion life wheel and the Barbarism node for more life, for this I dropped the Totemic Zeal cluster as I don't need more damage for Dominus. Currently level 78 with 4k HP which is a bit sketchy for Dominus but it works.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info