2.0.0g Patch Notes

"
Ajaxcandy wrote:
[...] with the league half over[...]

Huh? What are you talking about? It has not even been 2 weeks in this league and you call it half over?
I'd assume the leagues are about 1/8 to 1/6 done, certainly not more.
Crit happens.
"
Tyoll wrote:
"
I'm pretty pissed about this ridiculous nerf to summoners, as if they didnt have a hard enough time already on maps. Good luck playing a map effectively above 75 now. I just tried the new spectres out in merc, the frozen lake, and I have all the nodes, all the summoner gear and all the jewls buffing damage, well guess what. Its clearing pretty darn slow on that alone. My summoner is built like glass, because I went max out for aura and summons to mass their dps, and now their DPS is retarded weak not to mention the specters fire less shots and seem to shoot slower as well at weaker damage.... Why ggg..... I spent 80+ hours on this guy, to farm with... Now he cant do anything he was built for. Is this class just supposed to look cool and not actually be affective or what? Whos drunk idea was this nerf?

Some one who has an understanding of game mechanics ?

Also its not a nerf to Summoners, its a nerf to Spectre based summoners who use Revenants.

Revenants were OP man both as a Mob and a spectre. You could easily do 75+ maps with a 4 link if you built properly. And Spectres are still strong buddy you just need to get used to the fact that you cant nuke the entire map now and then run through it picking up loot.

There not strong
There worthless

Anyone whos seen my stream when I tested today can tell you that they are horrible.

and I'm in full BiS gear ''Buddy'' with full investment into making the revs ''amazing'' with full on Super wrath with lightning penetration 6L Vis mortis with all god tier summoner gear.

They are not viable anymore please play a summoner before trying to incite the guy thanks.

Here this is pure investment

+ All god tier summoner gear sure - Midnight bargain - > 6L Vis mortis etc
+ All 6 minion 15% jewels sure
+ All minion damage % Nodes sure
+ All attack speed minion nodes sure
+ 6L spectre's sure

Any spectre right now meaning the lanterns alchemist etc and all that WILL outdamage a rev by far using basic math or just peformance through game in general.

I despise it when people don't experience on how to play something before trying to say oh no no there okay u just can't no stop that. I've had enough of that.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 23, 2015, 4:54:23 AM
Isn't this the biggest nerf on a build ever? what else was nerfed by 50% in a single small patch ?
Born a bowman.
"
Tyoll wrote:
"
I'm pretty pissed about this ridiculous nerf to summoners, as if they didnt have a hard enough time already on maps. Good luck playing a map effectively above 75 now. I just tried the new spectres out in merc, the frozen lake, and I have all the nodes, all the summoner gear and all the jewls buffing damage, well guess what. Its clearing pretty darn slow on that alone. My summoner is built like glass, because I went max out for aura and summons to mass their dps, and now their DPS is retarded weak not to mention the specters fire less shots and seem to shoot slower as well at weaker damage.... Why ggg..... I spent 80+ hours on this guy, to farm with... Now he cant do anything he was built for. Is this class just supposed to look cool and not actually be affective or what? Whos drunk idea was this nerf?

Some one who has an understanding of game mechanics ?

Also its not a nerf to Summoners, its a nerf to Spectre based summoners who use Revenants.

Revenants were OP man both as a Mob and a spectre. You could easily do 75+ maps with a 4 link if you built properly. And Spectres are still strong buddy you just need to get used to the fact that you cant nuke the entire map now and then run through it picking up loot.

Look buddy. People compare their summoner builds to other non summoner builds in maps. And a build in maps should have fast clearspeeds. If you take 15 or more minutes per map, then your build is not really considered viable. Cyclone clears maps crazy fast and can also be run in a 4 link if you adjust maybe 1 piece of gear. Flame totem? A joke. The difference when it comes to summoners is that they have a low entry point into low level maps where they crush things. But are almost completely locked out of higher level maps. And 75+ maps? Does that include the actually high level maps like 80+? Because thats something summoners were still struggling with compared to other builds.

And as you said it yourself, you need to build properly to be able to do anything with a summoner. Wich means taking every single summoner node on the skilltree, for minimal effect, because if you dont, then your minions do jack s...

People who never played summoners complained they were op, people who played summoners just rejoiced that they finally had something of a competitive build. Also SRS is not a goddarn summoner build.
"
Boem wrote:

This is false. Flame sentinels never "shotgunned", they utilize overlapping AOE components and they still can. Nothing changed in the AOE department.

Peace,

-Boem-

Are you sure about this? The aoe might still overlap (if you gmp magma orb, the explosions don't overlap but maybe it does't work the same with mobs) but the projectiles won't all activate their explosions on one enemy. Fireball used to shotgun if up close to the target in the sense that all the projectiles would hit the same enemy and activate the aoe.
So yes, they did shotgun, just the actual projectile hit didn't do the damage. The aoe activated from the projectile hitting would.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Jul 23, 2015, 5:01:43 AM
Still have heavy rubber banding issues when someone join my instance/map.
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
Chris wrote:
final boss

another boss

Piety's beam attack and Malachai's teleport slam are no longer invisible if you return to the area while they're in progress.
You tried... :-P
"
sharkh20 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

This is false. Flame sentinels never "shotgunned", they utilize overlapping AOE components and they still can. Nothing changed in the AOE department.

Peace,

-Boem-

Are you sure about this? The aoe might still overlap (if you gmp magma orb, the explosions don't overlap but maybe it does't work the same with mobs) but the projectiles won't all activate their explosions on one enemy. Fireball used to shotgun if up close to the target in the sense that all the projectiles would hit the same enemy and activate the aoe.
So yes, they did shotgun, just the actual projectile hit didn't do the damage. The aoe activated from the projectile hitting would.

Correct. Also best way to navigate these forums is simply ignoring posts containing -Boem- as they ussually are irrelevant and/or wrong.
"
marquis51 wrote:

We had 4 months of beta !!!!!!!!!!

which ended up with a nerf for revenants in 2.0.0 release

"
Chris wrote:

Path of Exile Version 2.0.0: The Awakening Patch Notes
Many monster lightning skills now have less damage variance.

Last edited by nyash on Jul 23, 2015, 5:13:52 AM
"
nyash wrote:
"
marquis51 wrote:

We had 4 months of beta !!!!!!!!!!

which ended up with a nerf for revenants in 2.0.0 release

"
Chris wrote:

Path of Exile Version 2.0.0: The Awakening Patch Notes
Many monster lightning skills now have less damage variance.

That is a buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info