Unique Item Rarity Changes

Well I used to have this relatively unique Flickerstrike/Dual Strike/Cyclone build using Carcass Jack, Maligaro's, and Blood Dance. I also used the skill Blood Rage. I literally never ran into anyone with the same build as me. It was loads of fun being unique and reasonably successful but not OP.

You nerfed all of the above so now I'm playing FoTM Cyclone. :|
IGN: Frazetta
Last edited by Sicyo on Jul 23, 2015, 4:28:20 PM
I'll just say that the obvious difference between Magic and PoE is that in Magic, forcing meta changes keeps players spending, which the developers need.

Here, that's not required, hence the level of frustration over the frankly dumb decisions being made. And all the while, Etup and others grind closer and closer to 100 in pretty much the same playtime they would have done prior to 2.0. What concerns me most is that GGG seem to have no response to a concern only they hold but to make everyone else's game suck just a little bit more with every recent change.
I try to be positive about most things, but I'm really struggling to see the point of these changes.

Take Goldrim for one. Who exactly is going to use that now? You have to pay 10+ chaos for a 35% one because it's just that rare now. Why would anyone do that? By the time you actually need those 35% all res. you can buy a rare with more all res. for 1 chaos easily. Before it was one of those uniques I'd go and buy myself one of just to use when leveling one of the five dozen alts I tend to level every league. Now I see no point what so ever unless I just happen to find one. But looking at poe.trade it seems to be about as rare as Windrippers atm (22 rippers for sale, 29 goldrims on warbands), so I have a higher chance of winning the lottery. *what*

I honestly don't get it.
Last edited by TommiHelm on Jul 23, 2015, 4:39:41 PM
What I still fail to understand is: What do you guys really take into account?

STREAMERS "it's all good" Opinion about changes Or the whole community Opinion? (I am not talking about Reddit for Christ sake, they play more Twitch.tv than the game, good lord.)

I am almost leaving league and game for a while in hope that when I get back you guys have BALANCED the content (Leech, Map pool, 1 shot kills), instead of doing Ember boxes Sales, unique drop nerfs and Malachai kill spree count.

Even Reddit is torn between criticizing game and complimenting it. What is your 80/20? Your 80 are streamers?

Please, do a "Manifesto" about it, so if it this kind of data you gather and take into account after changes, I get aknowledgement about it and can cut myself out of the game for good.

I spent 2 weeks trying out respecs, and you know what? Game is REALLY boring right now, no matter what I do with my builds.

Which is incredibly sad (As I posted at Feedback session some days ago).

Edit: And you know which players seems to be giving "praises" to the game? Pro players (let's go level 100 in 4 weeks yey) and people that didn't even do high level maps.
Last edited by Ttanik on Jul 23, 2015, 5:36:17 PM
"
TommiHelm wrote:
I try to be positive about most things, but I'm really struggling to see the point of these changes.

Take Goldrim for one. Who exactly is going to use that now? You have to pay 10+ chaos for a 35% one because it's just that rare now. Why would anyone do that? By the time you actually need those 35% all res. you can buy a rare with more all res. for 1 chaos easily. Before it was one of those uniques I'd go and buy myself one of just to use when leveling one of the five dozen alts I tend to level every league. Now I see no point what so ever unless I just happen to find one. But looking at poe.trade it seems to be about as rare as Windrippers atm (22 rippers for sale, 29 goldrims on warbands), so I have a higher chance of winning the lottery. *what*

I honestly don't get it.

Same with mighflay, nice lvling item, but who will ever buy one for 20+ c for lvling few lvls?

I understand some endgame uniqs and irr/iiq ones. But why, why lvling ones?
Last edited by 1337fun on Jul 23, 2015, 5:35:43 PM
whoever does the balance in this game needs to be fired or moved to another position in the company

get somebody who actually plays the game to do the in-game balance

not even just regarding the new rarity changes this goes with everything that has been an absolute shit storm this entire patch

i really feel bad because i can see how hard some others have worked ie: art department etc

and then the entire game feels messed up because balance department did a shit job
Last edited by Pepock on Jul 23, 2015, 8:43:10 PM
I couldn't be assed to read all the QQ in this thread. Honestly I'm not sure I care about any rarity drops, and I'll tell you why. After playing pretty hard after the release (I finished getting level 96, and then did all of it to get level 97) I can tell you that I've had so many uniques drop that I lost count (probably more fragile blooms than I know what to do with). The map rarity change makes them far more common even for people that don't MF, on top of the flat drop rate increase of all uniques period. So the tiers got changed a little bit, I don't think it amounts to much of anything. Are you sure that is what is effecting the pricing of items so much? I am not. Items are still based on a supply demand ratio, if people want it and the supply is limited the price goes up. It's just that simple.

At least I understood the QQ about the difficulty hike, heck I died a few times to the village ruin boss today (the turkey archer luckily without xp to lose, the bull went down pretty easy) and I consider my build exceptionally tanky (8.8k life at the time of death with 6 endurance charges, a chaos golem, and 25k armor after granite flask with all res's capped including chaos).
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Jul 23, 2015, 9:37:06 PM
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
I couldn't be assed to read all the QQ in this thread. Honestly I'm not sure I care about any rarity drops, and I'll tell you why. After playing pretty hard after the release (I finished getting level 96, and then did all of it to get level 97) I can tell you that I've had so many uniques drop that I lost count (probably more fragile blooms than I know what to do with). The map rarity change makes them far more common even for people that don't MF, on top of the flat drop rate increase of all uniques period. So the tiers got changed a little bit, I don't think it amounts to much of anything. Are you sure that is what is effecting the pricing of items so much? I am not. Items are still based on a supply demand ratio, if people want it and the supply is limited the price goes up. It's just that simple.

At least I understood the QQ about the difficulty hike, heck I died a few times to the village ruin boss today (the turkey archer luckily without xp to lose, the bull went down pretty easy) and I consider my build exceptionally tanky (8.8k life at the time of death with 6 endurance charges, a chaos golem, and 25k armor after granite flask with all res's capped including chaos).

Uhm.. Did you understand that people are angry because there are build enabling items at this list? Levelling items?

Ok, you can farm it on Maps. But to get at those High Risk, High Reward MAPS, you gotta level your character all the way in. When you are already there, u just dont care for a goldrim anymore.

"
Ttanik wrote:
"
ghoulavenger wrote:

Uhm.. Did you understand that people are angry because there are build enabling items at this list? Levelling items?

Ok, you can farm it on Maps. But to get at those High Risk, High Reward MAPS, you gotta level your character all the way in. When you are already there, u just dont care for a goldrim anymore.

consider the fact hes also talking from an established point ie: standard

so he was already not gonna care for (x) uniques
"
Ttanik wrote:

Yeah, and so is shavronnes wrappings. Whats your point? That I can get something in maps? If I'm having an easier time getting it in maps, and theres a global increase of unique drops to begin with, you're still going to average out to the same thing.
"
Pepock wrote:

consider the fact hes also talking from an established point ie: standard

so he was already not gonna care for (x) uniques

Now this is a more reliable argument. I actually don't care for over half of the uniques I drop, and only use one unique on my char anyway, Kaom's Heart. People don't seem to care for that thing on standard either (which I find quite humorous as I think it's BiS for a 2h life based build).

But the whole loot drop scheme was based on trading anyway -- meaning only people that were doing high level farming were acquiring these items anyway and trading them to people down that could use them. So the problem was already there, and I'd argue that with a global increase you're more likely to find what you need before you get to the end game -- if you don't, you'll find what someone else needs and be able to trade. Is that so hard to understand?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info