[2.0] Kaom's Pledge - 7k Life + 10% Life Regen + 1.5k MoM - Incinerate Mega Tank

Atziri capable ? change items atziri ?
"
yeetran wrote:
Hey! New player and decided to go for your build. Just a quick question with the tree, since this build is fire heavy, why didn't you want to go towards the top left corner towards Avatar of fire also pick up the surrounding nodes likes explosive impact etc. Would love to know more :D

Thanks for making a new player to POE experience more easy to understand and follow.

Keep up the good work!

Welcome to Path of Exile! I'm glad you chose my build to begin, hopefully you will have some luck and get a pledge of hands.

To answer your question simply, The build is focused on survivability.
With our pledge of hand offering us a 6l-7L on our incinerate, we really don't need the damage from the tree. We will take the obvious damage nodes that are not far away from the regular tree progression, but overall i will not go out of my way to take damage nodes as life, life regen, mana, and mana regen nodes provide so much more surviviability.
In PoE Defense > Offense! your dps = 0 if you're dead :)

IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
"
edu22691 wrote:
Atziri capable ? change items atziri ?

It should be able to handle atziri. Once i get to level 85 i'll make a section about it.
Last edited by lDantonl on Aug 19, 2015, 3:27:51 PM
A suggestion:

Include Elreon rings. Elreon sells rings that give a flat -8 to mana costs. Getting 2 of those drives down your mana cost from 20 to only 4. You can easily outregenerate that. Further it allows you to go and get the elemental damage + spell power nodes in the templar starting area. This would then give +26% elemental damage and 30% spell power. This is a very large damage increase. You're trading that for 100 regeneration though.

The damage increase in my opinion is better as it improves clear times while the other nodes don't really add life except for the second hp one (which is okay to get considering your build).

This will also make the no curses mod not such a big of an issue. Surviving in these maps shouldn't be a concern.

On top of that there is something I don't see in a lot of builds is vaal flameblast. In case you don't know its a Vaal skill that requires 16 souls, charges to 10 than releases. You can link it as well it deals 1.3x damage of regular flameblast and you can move while it channels to 10 and then explodes. Isn't this skill ideal for clearing / harder boss fights since it scales off fire damage? I mean if it got souls you just press it once and it does the rest.
Last edited by Sogolon on Aug 20, 2015, 12:29:26 AM
"
Sogolon wrote:
A suggestion:

Include Elreon rings. Elreon sells rings that give a flat -8 to mana costs. Getting 2 of those drives down your mana cost from 20 to only 4. You can easily outregenerate that. Further it allows you to go and get the elemental damage + spell power nodes in the templar starting area. This would then give +26% elemental damage and 30% spell power. This is a very large damage increase. You're trading that for 100 regeneration though.

The damage increase in my opinion is better as it improves clear times while the other nodes don't really add life except for the second hp one (which is okay to get considering your build).

This will also make the no curses mod not such a big of an issue. Surviving in these maps shouldn't be a concern.

On top of that there is something I don't see in a lot of builds is vaal flameblast. In case you don't know its a Vaal skill that requires 16 souls, charges to 10 than releases. You can link it as well it deals 1.3x damage of regular flameblast and you can move while it channels to 10 and then explodes. Isn't this skill ideal for clearing / harder boss fights since it scales off fire damage? I mean if it got souls you just press it once and it does the rest.

Elreon rings are BiS, i just don't have access to ones better than my current setup. The rings i have are very high life / resi rings which i can't afford to swap out. So in a budgetless world, you are correct. If you have some and want to try them out and post your findings, that would be much appreciated :)

As per your second comment on the regens nodes vs damage nodes (i'm assuming you mean the very beginning of the templar tree); This is a personal preference call. If you're really dying for additional spell damage then you could forgo the early life/mana regen nodes. Otherwise there aren't any extraneous mana regen nodes that i have. Increase max mana nodes (because we have MoM keystone) act like pseudo life nodes, making them very desirable for survivability. Remember, the entire premise of this build is to be a super tank, not a damage nuke (even though we deal substantial damage)

As per your vaal flameblast comment; Sure, why not? Vaal flameblast sounds fun and interesting if you can find a slot in your gear to socket it into.
Hi
First,thank you very much for this build ,Mr lDantonl !:)))
Actually, I've reached 93 lev ( Standard League ), ... near will be 94. In my opinion , this is a very,very :))) solid synergy between defence and offence.
My estimated statistics: over 7,7 k life/ over 24 k starting damage/ over 1,6 k mana/ over 600 life regen p/sec /near 190 % regen mana/ Armour - 35 % reduction damage
I really recommend to use a flame totem . Flame totem in my case is my 1 barrier, 2 is Mana pool, 3 ... armour and LIFE
I prefer a Lightning Warp - rather mandatory high quality + h. quality less duration + Faster Casting - better range -mobility( important during opening chest's "difficult" affixes" on high- lev. maps).
Lucky, I use a 6 -linked Pledge of Hands, I choose - Life Leech ( elemental reflect, red. regen to mana and life on maps ) or Empower.
My actually skill tree :
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBBAcEswYOCPQJ9g3NES0UIBZvGS4aOBo-HM4c3B8CH8cnLyftKS4qjStQK3gsnC2LMtE1kjbYOlg62DrhPC09D0GHQ8hFR0WdRtdJG03jTwRQR1NSVcZXDVnzW6BfKl8_Y_1mVGaeaGVo8mpDbRlxhXIPeuZ8DnyDfLh8u4IHgpuDX4PMg9uD94UyhXuMz48akFWaO5rgogCmV6dVrJitja-nsUK3PrzqwFTAZsT2xq7PftIh1HzVpti92WHhc-Nq6-Tr7uw47FXtPO8O8B_xbPGs8kHyRfMR85v2SPno-tL-Cv5U_o8=
:)) Greetings
Bumping this thread :D

Just to lvl 85 with this build in the 1 Month Hardcore flashback. I was lucky to 6 link my pledge and farm for a kaom's.

Just killed atziri a couple of times too, went pretty easy. I'm at 20k dps with slower projectiles with only lvl 19 gems and no quality on anything except for incinerate. I don't run clarity on bloodmagic, I don't feel like I really need it.

My gear:
Spoiler

My tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswYOCPQJ9gthDF8NzREtFCAWbxkuGjgabBynHM4c3B8CH8ckqicvJ-0rUCt4LJwtizLRNZI26TpYOtg64TwtPQ9Bh0PIRUdFnU3jTwRQR1NSU6VVxlcNW6BfKl8_ZlRnm2hlaPJqQ20ZfA58S3yDfLt99YKbg1-DzIPbg_eFMoV7jxqQVZZ0mjua4KIAplenVa2Nrj6vbK-ntz686sBUwGbE9sauz37UfNWm2L3ZYeFz42rkIuRR6-Tr7uw47TzvDvAf8kXzm_no_gr-VP6P?accountName=Chickenlal&characterName=Chickenlalnopants

Health/mana (8100hp/1500mana):
Spoiler
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Last edited by Chickenlal on Oct 21, 2015, 12:30:34 PM
"
Chickenlal wrote:

Just to lvl 85 with this build in the 1 Month Hardcore flashback. I was lucky to 6 link my pledge and farm for a kaom's.

Just killed atziri a couple of times too, went pretty easy. I'm at 20k dps with slower projectiles with only lvl 19 gems and no quality on anything except for incinerate. I don't run clarity on bloodmagic, I don't feel like I really need it.

My gear:
Spoiler

My tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswYOCPQJ9gthDF8NzREtFCAWbxkuGjgabBynHM4c3B8CH8ckqicvJ-0rUCt4LJwtizLRNZI26TpYOtg64TwtPQ9Bh0PIRUdFnU3jTwRQR1NSU6VVxlcNW6BfKl8_ZlRnm2hlaPJqQ20ZfA58S3yDfLt99YKbg1-DzIPbg_eFMoV7jxqQVZZ0mjua4KIAplenVa2Nrj6vbK-ntz686sBUwGbE9sauz37UfNWm2L3ZYeFz42rkIuRR6-Tr7uw47TzvDvAf8kXzm_no_gr-VP6P?accountName=Chickenlal&characterName=Chickenlalnopants

Spoiler

Thank you so much for this post chickenlal! I've been off the PoE scene for awhile now and never got to finish my build. Your post proves it's ability to be hardcore and late game viable.
Last edited by lDantonl on Dec 3, 2015, 8:40:46 AM
nice :D im going to try this build in the next league
"
lDantonl wrote:
"
Chickenlal wrote:

My gear:
Spoiler

My tree:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you so much for this post chickenlal! I've been off the PoE scene for awhile now and never got to finish my build. Your post proves it's ability to be hardcore and late game viable.

Look at his character; he died at 87. I made a very similar build on HC and RIP'd also. The fact is, even with these insane pools, lack of strong mitigation (High Armor, Fortify, etc) is a big no-no on HC right now. Even with a 10k pool it is easy to die when random Quill spines can crit you for 4k+ in higher maps.

This is a VERY cool build, but I wouldn't play it on HC for the time being. Ascendant classes could change this. Also, I'd ditch the Kaom's for Lightning Coil.
Team Won

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info