[2.0] Kaom's Pledge - 7k Life + 10% Life Regen + 1.5k MoM - Incinerate Mega Tank

I really don't think you should call the Kaom's Heart mandatory for this build. It's 10 ex on tempest and scares a lot of people away from playing a build that's very strong even without it.

I have 6.7k hp, 8k armour and 2k mana without a Kaom's Heart. I've done double turbo necropolis merveil. GMP dominus with lightning tempest. Volcano beyond with -12% max. Double Orchard boss with crit. All with just the 5 link pledge and maybe an additional exalt worth of rare gear on tempest.

Surely 8k+ hp would be nice. But it is in no way necessary to play this build efficiently.
"
sueyed wrote:
I really don't think you should call the Kaom's Heart mandatory for this build. It's 10 ex on tempest and scares a lot of people away from playing a build that's very strong even without it.

I agree, it's more for the flavor of the build name.
Updated the post removing it's mandatory status.
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Aug 12, 2015, 9:12:10 AM
Nice build, can you post more stat/video once you get higher level?
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
"
crazyjake wrote:
Nice build, can you post more stat/video once you get higher level?

absolutely. I've been playing other builds so i haven't been leveling this spec, updates to come eventually.
I'm running similar build, though focused on ignite through new emberwake ring (I probably switch out of it soon, but we'll see :) )

2 advices:

1. Iron will support - I did a breakdown and with my gear / tree it provided about 14% more damage, while added chaos damage was at 17% and empower lvl 3 was ~20%. No idea how it works in your gear, but probably added chaos is still the best choic since it works against reflect / fire res mobs.

2. Lavianga spirit unique mana flask. My god it's so good. No regen map? Not a problem with this single flask and life leech gem. Really. You can try it, it works that well. You can cast when out of mana, without losing mana, for 7 seconds. While recovering shitload of mana. For 10 charges out of 40 (wiki lies). Seriously use it, it's a gamechanger. Mine cost 1.5 ex, and it was worth it. Best thing after pledge and kaom for this build.
Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:
I'm running similar build, though focused on ignite through new emberwake ring (I probably switch out of it soon, but we'll see :) )

2 advices:

1. Iron will support - I did a breakdown and with my gear / tree it provided about 14% more damage, while added chaos damage was at 17% and empower lvl 3 was ~20%. No idea how it works in your gear, but probably added chaos is still the best choic since it works against reflect / fire res mobs.

2. Lavianga spirit unique mana flask. My god it's so good. No regen map? Not a problem with this single flask and life leech gem. Really. You can try it, it works that well. You can cast when out of mana, without losing mana, for 7 seconds. While recovering shitload of mana. For 10 charges out of 40 (wiki lies). Seriously use it, it's a gamechanger. Mine cost 1.5 ex, and it was worth it. Best thing after pledge and kaom for this build.

Hi, i was really interested in that ring before watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v_g95eylak i think it can work only with The Taming and even then not sure its worth the investment
"
crazyjake wrote:

Hi, i was really interested in that ring before watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v_g95eylak i think it can work only with The Taming and even then not sure its worth the investment

Thanks for that video, I watched it but author is doing it wrong. You don't want burning damage increases, they only work for ignite ticks. You want fire/elem damage% instead, which boost initial hit and also ignite tick, double dipping on your damage. You also want to reduce enemy resistance as much as you can (reduce, not penetrate), as resistance also double dips in case of ignite.

Probably the best setup would be all +fire% and +elem% you can get, flammability, elemental weakness and probably a friend with elemental equiblibirum.

The thing is, all these things already boost your initial hit dmg to insane proportion. So why should I even look for more through emberwake + incinerate ticks, when all enemies die in a second?

That's why I'm planning to give it up.
Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:

2 advices:

Thanks for your reply! I can try to do some testing with an empower instead of the Iron Will. The main reason i use Iron Will is because it has no mana multiplier. This keeps our mana capped at all times.

Lavianga spirit is also something i wish i had. they go for about 3exa on standard so i'll work on getting one. This flask would be best in slot however, it would also allow me to remove clarity from blood magic.
Last edited by lDantonl on Aug 13, 2015, 2:27:27 PM
"
Turbodevil wrote:
"
crazyjake wrote:

Thanks for that video, I watched it but author is doing it wrong. You don't want burning damage increases, they only work for ignite ticks. You want fire/elem damage% instead, which boost initial hit and also ignite tick, double dipping on your damage. You also want to reduce enemy resistance as much as you can (reduce, not penetrate), as resistance also double dips in case of ignite.

Probably the best setup would be all +fire% and +elem% you can get, flammability, elemental weakness and probably a friend with elemental equiblibirum.

The thing is, all these things already boost your initial hit dmg to insane proportion. So why should I even look for more through emberwake + incinerate ticks, when all enemies die in a second?

That's why I'm planning to give it up.

I just noticed that Emberwake + The Taming combo doesn' t works for the moment, however Chris form GGG already said that will be fixed in future patch, in this case will be worth the investment
Hey! New player and decided to go for your build. Just a quick question with the tree, since this build is fire heavy, why didn't you want to go towards the top left corner towards Avatar of fire also pick up the surrounding nodes likes explosive impact etc. Would love to know more :D

Thanks for making a new player to POE experience more easy to understand and follow.

Keep up the good work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info