2.0 (warb/temp) - Shock nova - 22k dps in a 4link ( cheap and fun build)

"
Mannoth wrote:
@Bloodytrailz

You could try out my shock nova build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1381535

It takes a different approach to the build but the dps and defense is solid id say.
Grabbing Vaal Pact soon even.

@Mawwk

Hope you don't mind me posting a link to my build in your thread :P

dont worry mate, i just made this topic because a lot of peoples asked for it and i always make guides for cheap and efetive builds for hardcore, its not even close to finished yet, i have to put a lot of work to make 100% what i want to be, first at all is making the build work without eb and get more life, but that ill come with time.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
"
Mannoth wrote:
@Bloodytrailz

You could try out my shock nova build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1381535

It takes a different approach to the build but the dps and defense is solid id say.
Grabbing Vaal Pact soon even.

@Mawwk

Hope you don't mind me posting a link to my build in your thread :P

The build is interesting for sure... PCoC would only really be useful on bosses for me, i have little to no problem maintaining power charges, or even when they drop, the clear is so fast I can get them back up relatively easily. (But I understand it's purpose in your build, since your build is heavily reliant on power charges compared to maawks, where they are just supplementary damage yours has them as VITAL for damage output)

And I started running warlords mark instead of conductivity, so now i run with 7 power charges, 3 endurance and 3 frenzies...

The 2% life leech and 12% damage reduction from warlords gave me the chunk of tankability I felt i was lacking, and clear speed generally doesn't suffer much as long as the monster's don't have double elemental resists (an engrained lightning resist+rare monster resist aura)
**Because double resists with no elemental weakness/conductivity/lightning penetration = sad panda**

**Not to mention the pain in the assery that it is re-gearing**

I actually did some market searching and as far as personal upgrades with maawks build...

Currently sit at Level 78 stats of 3.8k hp 2.1k es, beyond cap res (enough so that I'm still cap res to any -resistance curse) and 17k dps with charges

Chest Armor: 1ex for unlinked 6s +100armor +127es +cold res. Add on another ex approximately to 5L it.
***This would allow me to use a call of brotherhood ring for only 108 ES and 173 HP and 1.7% crit on shock nova loss while still being immune to curse resistance debuffs.

Weapon: Any upgrade would cost 35+ chaos and would net me a small amount of damage but lose 41% fire resist

Shield: Only upgrade available (like literally, the only 1) would cost me 2ex for +15% spell damage.

Gloves: Upgrades would be 1ex+ for a better roll of the same gloves.

Boots: 3ex+ for +1 max frenzy charge corrupted version of the boots i'm already using

Belt: No upgrade possible

Amulet: 7ex for +1 max frenzy charge corrupted amulet that's statistically almost the exact same as what I'm using now (it's actually a bit worse)

Rings: Upgrade mentioned alongside chest piece. (Only real upgrade I can find for less than 2ex)

Helm: A kind of sidegrade helmet for 1 exalt (the +46 int one)
Last edited by Bloodytrailz on Aug 9, 2015, 10:56:59 PM
Hey Maawk, I'm having a great time with your build so far. When do you think a good time to take EB would be? I'm not really sure when I should be transitioning to voidbringers and zealots oath.
Last edited by DancesWithLupus on Aug 14, 2015, 5:58:49 PM
"
Hey Maawk, I'm having a great time with your build so far. When do you think a good time to take EB would be? I'm not really sure when I should be transitioning to voidbringers and zealots oath.

you can start using voidbringers at 55, but EB when you hit 1k+ ES
Totems for life!
Hey Maawk, first time POE player here and chose your build for my first attempt, loving it so far and learning lots about the game. Quick question: I read either in your guide or someone else's that Vaal Storm Call needs 8 charges to use...but I just picked up the gem and it appears to require more now. Would you still recommend Vaal Storm Call as your single-target skill? Or would you switch to regular storm call, tendrils, or some other skill?

Thanks for the advice!
"
maxfrenkel20 wrote:
Hey Maawk, first time POE player here and chose your build for my first attempt, loving it so far and learning lots about the game. Quick question: I read either in your guide or someone else's that Vaal Storm Call needs 8 charges to use...but I just picked up the gem and it appears to require more now. Would you still recommend Vaal Storm Call as your single-target skill? Or would you switch to regular storm call, tendrils, or some other skill?

Thanks for the advice!

the amount of charges change with dificulties, since u just use to kill bosses and tanky rares/exiles, its not that hard to keep with full souls
Totems for life!
May be with second curse Warlord Mark you can do no regen mods. Just a bit slowly?

And thumbs up for build - its funny atleast for maps with "attract from beyond" flag. Happy spamming in the middle of this shit is fabulous ;)

BTW : how much damage you need to stay valuable in 6x party? I have 14k atm and feel me kinda useless on 73+ maps in 6grp.
Last edited by lapilesos on Aug 31, 2015, 8:17:38 AM
"
lapilesos wrote:
May be with second curse Warlord Mark you can do no regen mods. Just a bit slowly?

And thumbs up for build - its funny atleast for maps with "attract from beyond" flag. Happy spamming in the middle of this shit is fabulous ;)

BTW : how much damage you need to stay valuable in 6x party? I have 14k atm and feel me kinda useless on 73+ maps in 6grp.

yeah, in my second reroll i will be using warlords mark for leech and free end charges, but for no regen mod its a lot hard cause shock nova cost a lot of es.

for party, as long you keep a distance from mobs hiting with the outside ring area and achieved a decent amount of crit chance the dmg will be not a problem for you, link your gear here and ill check what can be improved with upgrades.
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Sep 1, 2015, 8:16:05 AM
Hi,

What skills did you use to level up and also maybe notable newbie gear?

What about a video of the build in action?

/kg
Last edited by killergate on Sep 1, 2015, 3:55:59 PM
"
killergate wrote:
Hi,

What skills did you use to level up and also maybe notable newbie gear?

What about a video of the build in action?

/kg

i leveled using ice nova + vaal storm call with 2 lifesprigs, at lv 28 its up to you start using shock nova with the spell echo wand, i recomend start using shock nova at 38.

i dont have that much free time right now to make a video, but ill make one soon as possible.
Totems for life!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info