2.0 (warb/temp) - Shock nova - 22k dps in a 4link ( cheap and fun build)

"
Can you explain why you use added lightning over lightning penetration? Wouldn't penetration be better in most cases over added lightning?

I used light pen most of the time, but started doing tests and realized, in maps the extra damage in added light is much better because of the shock status, the dmg output is so much high so u dont need light pen, i cant explain better, but its most about feels and preference, the light pen fits better in vaal storm call cause some bosses tanks alot and sometimes u cant kill a boss with the setup.

This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Jul 31, 2015, 7:17:37 PM
I am currently doing also a crit shock nova char, however it is a lot different than yours:

Life+Es hybrid
No MoM or EB, uses mana regen
Power Charge Oriented
My gear is way more expensive
It requires a high level to function (i would say il be happy with it at level 86)

However i took some ideas from your build (Zealoth Oath + Frenzy Boots), and the offense/defense you got running is admirable.

Really think people are dismissing Shock Nova because of low tooltip, they forget that the ring hits for another 50% damage and that when you shock you multiply that by another 50% so you are basically hitting for 2.25x the tooltip when you shock and hit with the ring.

And for solo targets i don't think anything matches the utility of a 4L vaal storm call.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
Mannoth wrote:
I am currently doing also a crit shock nova char, however it is a lot different than yours:

Life+Es hybrid
No MoM or EB, uses mana regen
Power Charge Oriented
My gear is way more expensive
It requires a high level to function (i would say il be happy with it at level 86)

However i took some ideas from your build (Zealoth Oath + Frenzy Boots), and the offense/defense you got running is admirable.

Really think people are dismissing Shock Nova because of low tooltip, they forget that the ring hits for another 50% damage and that when you shock you multiply that by another 50% so you are basically hitting for 2.25x the tooltip when you shock and hit with the ring.

And for solo targets i don't think anything matches the utility of a 4L vaal storm call.

is that whats everyone who played with me asked, 'dude whats ur dps', 'that build do so much dmg', bla bla bla xD. about gear i always try to make the most simple build with a cheap gear for ppl use in fresh league, ofc u can get a lot more with a better gear etc.

for the power charges, first, i went for 2 shock nova setups, 1 shock nova for dmg and 1 shock nova with COH + 2 curses, butt, i dont wanna have to cast a first shock nova, then a second one to dmg, in herald of thunder i have almost 100% uptime in my powercharges.

with my tree the build only started to shine in act1 merciless, you just go through even 3/4 levels behind any zone.
Totems for life!
What killed you?
"
RIPnRhyme wrote:
What killed you?

i was playing in a 6 man party, jumped in a thornflesh pack . . . boom i killed myself, totally my fault.
Totems for life!
Out of curiosity...

Playing on Warband server so Doryani's Invitation belts are widely more available/cheaper (as low as 6chaos for 20% belts)

Given the choice

Would you choose crafted leech on a weapon + a life/res belt
or
Would you choose a doryani belt+potentially stronger weapon stats?

Or, why not both and .4% lightning leech, wouldn't that protect even further from reflects?
Hey Maawk, im pretty new to PoE and searched for a easy and cheap build for startes.
Up till now im having fun and it seems that the build is setting up nicely, although EB and MoM still not going and i have pretty crappy gear.
But please keep us updated on what you maybe changed in ur build and if its any good :D
Thx for the guide!
"
Colun wrote:
Hey Maawk, im pretty new to PoE and searched for a easy and cheap build for startes.
Up till now im having fun and it seems that the build is setting up nicely, although EB and MoM still not going and i have pretty crappy gear.
But please keep us updated on what you maybe changed in ur build and if its any good :D
Thx for the guide!

im finishing my level 82 challenge in tempest and soon i will be rerolling a new shadow cause i loved to play, ill make a tree for lv100 and a better gear explanation
Totems for life!
"
Mawwk wrote:
"
Dragol wrote:
Great build friend, good to see an interesting build, plus the combination of Blood Dance, Zealot's Oath and EB is genius.

I'm actually going to try this build but change Shock Nova for Frost Nova. Even if Frost Nova doesn't work, the transition from cold to lightning is incredibly minor (pretty sure you could easily swap either for a burning fire build very easily too).

i did the same thing switching between icenova/shock nova, ice nova is 'decent' but the dps its not even close to shock nova dps, i know about freezing things etc, but shock stats make the build shines, even playing solo or a 6man party u gonna kill mobs faster then u expect, just be careful with thornflesh (i ripped to this) and ele reflect (topaz flask).

Really now?

Git R Dun!
"
Bloodytrailz wrote:
Out of curiosity...

Playing on Warband server so Doryani's Invitation belts are widely more available/cheaper (as low as 6chaos for 20% belts)

Given the choice

Would you choose crafted leech on a weapon + a life/res belt
or
Would you choose a doryani belt+potentially stronger weapon stats?

Or, why not both and .4% lightning leech, wouldn't that protect even further from reflects?

for your question, my answer its a leech weapon + life belt.

why?

1º: damage: our damage comes from crit and shock stats, spell dmg increase our tooltip but its not that necessary.

2º: leech: they nerfed leech in 2.0 so give up 100+life pool from a belt for 0.4% leech is quite bad

3: money: i made the build first for hardcore, some players cant farm all day long to make some exalteds in a day, so, affording a atziri belt its quite hard for a fresh league, if you have enough money ofc you can use both belt and crafted weapon with leech for more survivability

about reflect: just run a surgeon topaz flask, i never had problems while i played, but skip reflect maps thats impossible to do, they removed thornflesh, so you can jump in packs whitout problems now.
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Aug 5, 2015, 7:51:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info