[2.0.3] Blackdepp's 2H Mace AoE Marauder (easy, cheap, strong)

I've upgraded my gear recently and am currently sitting at 37k sweep DPS when my three frenzy charges kick in. I don't have an Atziri's Promise yet so that will help add a bit more damage as well when I acquire one. I'm enjoying this build much more now!

Last edited by st041986 on Sep 5, 2015, 12:00:53 AM
Nice gear !

I stopped playing a bit on this toon to work on gear and play another alt. I like what you did with Ice Crash also.

Good stuff
I like the idea with the unique maul.
IGN - Blackdepp
Thanks for this guide! I reached lvl 86 with my 2H sweep Marauder by using this guide)) I have a question: for end-game mapping(77+) which one is more important capping chaos resistance or overcapping elemental resistances so that I don't have to reroll -40% to max res. mod? I don't think that it is possible to achieve both, because resistances of Belly of the Beast is not that great
I went with the Kongor's so I wouldn't have to waste a point on Resolute Technique. I'm still curious about getting a Marohi for the lvl 15 AoE effect. If I can find one cheap enough, I'll grab one or just hope RNG drops one for me.
I'm going to be going Marohi.

It's very good (I used it awhile ago on my first character groundslam marauder). The Inc AoE is really good, and it's kind of fallen out of favour for some reason, so nobody is really using it. It's VERY cheap to get one. A couple chaos at most? Shouldn't be too hard to 5-6 socket it and at least 5 link it.

The movespeed wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, plus you can just leap spam around.
@DDBull Pls keep in mind that your endurance charges also provide 4% to all elemental resistances per charge, so a total of +24% to all. That means you only need to overcap slightly and your charges will do the rest. Chaos resistances is pretty handy but not manadatory because it is quite rare. For endgame try to push it as high as possible but keeping it at 0% in merciless is already a great deal.

@st041986 Kongars pDPS is around 460 whereas Marohi only reaches ~415 pDPS. You also should keep in mind the fact that Kongars has the chance of giving you onslaught and that the lv. 15 increased aoe from marohi is a great increase in mana costs.

@trackcatbat Yeah a marohi is great to get startet because it provides you everything you want and more :D. Just grap yourself good movementspeed boots and a leapslam with faster attacks and your are good to go. Besides that marohis attacks per second were buffed in 2.0 when I'm right?
IGN - Blackdepp
I used a Marohi before I leveled into a Kongars, its a great Mace really.
I'm by no means a good player, this build feels strong and can survive so much! great job.
Hey Blackdepp thanks for the guide started the 1 month late but its like a breath of fresh air!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info