2.1 pure life SRS [2.1 DPS calc]

@MatrixFactor

Your new HC variant looks interesting, in fact all your build variants look really good!

Since SRS does so much damage anyway, what do you think about replacing culling strike on a Pledge with Blood Magic and then going for the health regen nodes? Since Pledge is a 7-link anyway, this doesn't seem like a terrible idea to me.

I would rather be more tanking then have super uber damage...I mean does anything after 1 million DPS truly matter in comparison? Most traditional builds outside of SRS don't get anywhere near the same DPS.

I have no intention on Uber Atziri, just mapping high level and the occasional normal Atziri run. Min maxing for deeps dosent interest me, but not dieing at 92+ does interest me :D

I'm purely theory crafting as I'm still farming currency for items for this build, I finally six linked my Pledge but still need to buy a Belly and probably a Alpha's if I go that route.

Appolgoize if I'm talking outta my ass, still learning about the intricacies of SRS builds.

-Tai
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
Last edited by Taiberius on Aug 16, 2015, 2:00:46 PM
"
Taiberius wrote:
@MatrixFactor

Your new HC variant looks interesting, in fact all your build variants look really good!

Since SRS does so much damage anyway, what do you think about replacing culling strike on a Pledge with Blood Magic and then going for the health regen nodes? Since Pledge is a 7-link anyway, this doesn't seem like a terrible idea to me.

I would rather be more tanking then have super uber damage...I mean does anything after 1 million DPS truly matter in comparison? Most traditional builds outside of SRS don't get anywhere near the same DPS.

I have no intention on Uber Atziri, just mapping high level and the occasional normal Atziri run. Min maxing for deeps dosent interest me, but not dieing at 92+ does interest me :D

I'm purely theory crafting as I'm still farming currency for items for this build, I finally six linked my Pledge but still need to buy a Belly and probably a Alpha's if I go that route.

Appolgoize if I'm talking outta my ass, still learning about the intricacies of SRS builds.

-Tai

Well using pledge is kind of funny with blood magic. The 100% max mana doesn't do anything for you, but the 7L mana multiplier will make your spell cost more. A +3 staff doesn't increase your mana cost nearly as much as 7L. Also a +3 fire with Vagan's Craft will be a 7L +3 as opposed to 7L +0.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Just like to say I've followed this build pretty close (couple of personal tweaks here and there) and I absolutely love it. Just hit 89 after easily killing a Two Unique Boss mod Maze Map.

My gear is FAR from optimal, I have less than 10ex into this build and I can easily clear 81 maps (haven't tried any 82s)

Spoiler

Thanks for the clearly written guide, I've really enjoyed playing it and plan on going to 100.
Het IMPERIALKING, thanks for the nice words. If you're planning on going to 100 I suggest you take a look at the enlightened build since that can be customized to have about 1k more HP, which should help with occasional close calls.

Hey MatrixFactor,
would you consider your build or GunFinx's build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1384995) better for HC MF farming?

I see that you have in total +193% hp and +84% armor while GunFinx has +180% hp and +50% armor.
Purely based on tankiness it seems like your build wins out, but I'd like to hear what you think about GunFinx's build and what your build may do better or worse.
Thanks!
Shabazza,

Our trees are similar. His is 195% life 5.2% regen, mine is 193% life 8.0% regen. Mine also grabs 50% increased life recovered from flasks to help boost our life flasks. Other than that there are no big differences.

50 or 80% armor is irrelevant. The main defenses are 1) SRS stunning mobs 2) zombies and skeletotem taking aggro 3) sapping flasks healing 5k HP per use.

Matrix, so its either my linking or something not working right, but my arc/spell totem/curse on hit/elem weak is not casting the curse.

all 4 gems are lvl 19, but it just wont curse, arc works fine.

also, in the normal build on your Botb you have grace, how do you run this with the 4 other aura's going ? i put vaal haste in place of grace so i have " vaal haste, vaal grace, vaal skel
while running anger hatred haste clarity.

"using 6L pledge"

im only 83atm still got few more life nodes to hit, i live pretty good, just not as good as i want.

and does atziri's promise work with the build at all.

"
Warspade wrote:
Matrix, so its either my linking or something not working right, but my arc/spell totem/curse on hit/elem weak is not casting the curse.

all 4 gems are lvl 19, but it just wont curse, arc works fine.

also, in the normal build on your Botb you have grace, how do you run this with the 4 other aura's going ? i put vaal haste in place of grace so i have " vaal haste, vaal grace, vaal skel
while running anger hatred haste clarity.

"using 6L pledge"

im only 83atm still got few more life nodes to hit, i live pretty good, just not as good as i want.

and does atziri's promise work with the build at all.

Curse on hit doesn't work with totems. It's either totem + self curse or arc - curse on hit.

I was just leveling grace, normally it should be phase run there.

I don't recommend having 3 vaal gems. I would just use vaal grace vaal skeletons.

Atziri's promise doesn't work.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Added a unproven/untested HC build. Have fun with it? :)

Working my way through Tempest now with this build, using Scion. Enjoying it quite a bit, just using found gear so far.

Just curious why Elemental Equilibrium is taken, however. How is it you trigger it? Or you're counting on Chaos/Skeletons/Zombies to hit consistently enough?
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Added a unproven/untested HC build. Have fun with it? :)

Working my way through Tempest now with this build, using Scion. Enjoying it quite a bit, just using found gear so far.

Just curious why Elemental Equilibrium is taken, however. How is it you trigger it? Or you're counting on Chaos/Skeletons/Zombies to hit consistently enough?

Spirist do fire damage (50% of damage converted to fire). Then you add hatred for cold damage. Next minions don't proc EE, only you do. So you proc EE with arc and minions get extra damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info