[2.0] "Circe" Lowlife BM CoC EE dual curse wander and official successor to shatterchuck. W/ Video!

"

Hey man, this looks pretty damn solid for a "budget" version. Is this toon in standard, if so mind if I run a map with you see how it plays? If not do you have a video demo anywhere? I'd really like to see it's damage/clear speed, if decent I'd gladly use your post as a benchmark for how a budget version of circe should be.

We both had similar ideas for budget gear, especially using a vertex for helm. Let me know man, either here, pm or whisper in-game.

Thanks for responding! Now to answer your question, yes, I'm in Standard. I was hoping I could save you some time for posting a Circe-Lite build and was also hoping that you would use my post as a reference to other players interested in playing this build. If you want, I can even make my own more in depth Circe-Lite build so that you can link it to your main post and save some time. Other people should really play this, its ridiculously fun!

That being said; right now I'm at work and should be home in an hour my time as of writing this which will be @ 3:30pm EST (-5 GMT.) I have killed all bosses through Act 1 through A-4, except for Uber Atziri at the moment, since I don't have a set on me.

To run RF on a budget is not impossible anymore; with certain unique items now, I bet I can run RF if I drop my ring/shield for uniques that are more appropriate. If you have a mic, I'll pm you a VoIP server so that we can craft, theorize, decide and come up with some Circe-Lite build ideas together.
Last edited by Young_One on Jul 24, 2015, 2:44:11 PM
Thanks for the build! I know you say that a 6L shavs is necessary for this build, but how far could I get without one? I just found a shavs in Warbands last night, if I can get it 5L how well would the build do? Where do you think I would hit a wall and absolutely need a 6L, or will the build just not function at all without all the gems? Thanks again!
"
ehlee64 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply, I am planning on using KB for the AOE clear in mapping at least, currently playing life based with Voll's and 2 +2 mana jewels are doing the trick for sustaining KB in large packs -- Wish I could afford Acuities just not rich enough on Warbands yet. Thanks!

To be completely honest, KB is more of a luxury to use, it's fun but yeah. I was testing some barrage "all in one" setups, and man I stumbled across a cool one.

ice nova + arc + firestorm, it's laggy as hell for some people but it's MELTS face since we're EE. Dump the jewels, optimize them more for dps (crit, spell dmg etc) and use barrage and a nasty tri ele spell combo. It wrecks bosses and mobs alike. No bs.
"
Young_One wrote:
"

Hey man, this looks pretty damn solid for a "budget" version. Is this toon in standard, if so mind if I run a map with you see how it plays? If not do you have a video demo anywhere? I'd really like to see it's damage/clear speed, if decent I'd gladly use your post as a benchmark for how a budget version of circe should be.

We both had similar ideas for budget gear, especially using a vertex for helm. Let me know man, either here, pm or whisper in-game.

Thanks for responding! Now to answer your question, yes, I'm in Standard. I was hoping I could save you some time for posting a Circe-Lite build and was also hoping that you would use my post as a reference to other players interested in playing this build. If you want, I can even make my own more in depth Circe-Lite build so that you can link it to your main post and save some time. Other people should really play this, its ridiculously fun!

That being said; right now I'm at work and should be home in an hour my time as of writing this which will be @ 3:30pm EST (-5 GMT.) I have killed all bosses through Act 1 through A-4, except for Uber Atziri at the moment, since I don't have a set on me.

To run RF on a budget is not impossible anymore; with certain unique items now, I bet I can run RF if I drop my ring/shield for uniques that are more appropriate. If you have a mic, I'll pm you a VoIP server so that we can craft, theorize, decide and come up with some Circe-Lite build ideas together.

OK sounds good, message me in-game. Should be on for a bit.
"
OuOutstanding wrote:
Thanks for the build! I know you say that a 6L shavs is necessary for this build, but how far could I get without one? I just found a shavs in Warbands last night, if I can get it 5L how well would the build do? Where do you think I would hit a wall and absolutely need a 6L, or will the build just not function at all without all the gems? Thanks again!

So man, you could do a 5l which would consists of barrage + coc + pcoc (or assmark depending on what you're doing. either maps or atziri) then 2 spells. Since we're EE i'd recommend arc + ice nova for clearing, take out ice nova for glacial for single target, or flamesurge. Anything that doesn't rely on GMP, and hits like a truck.

Mess around and test different options for spells, if the leech is trash drop EE and use two of the same elemental spells, i.e. icenova + freezing pulse, or ab + fp etc etc. That makes a decent improvement, + warlords as well.

Last edited by Solishaw on Jul 24, 2015, 4:38:59 PM
"

OK sounds good, message me in-game. Should be on for a bit.

msg'd you
Last edited by Young_One on Jul 24, 2015, 4:41:47 PM
"
Young_One wrote:
Hey guys, this is my setup for a "cheaper" version of this build. While I am not poor in PoE, I do not have multiple 6l legacy shav's wraps and therefore cannot afford to buy atziri's acuitys or mirrored gear atm. This is my gear and tree to show you how I'm playing this setup without GG "BiS" items.

Wand

(Paid 15ex for it.)

Helm

(From when I did Uber in 1.3 with my LL Mjolner Character)

***Ring(s)***

(The first ring I found a while back farming some zone, cant remember exactly.)
((***I had a very hard time trying to get my hands on a Shav's Ring for about 8 hours today... It seems the hype from this build being posted is transitioning a lot of people to buy the ring. Although I agree to an extent that this build is possible to run with only a 6L Shav's Wrap, I also believe Shav's Ring should be included in the list of gear needed to run this build. It is very hard to sustain ES without it.***))

Amulet

(Great ammy I found farming... Docks I believe???)

Boots

(Had these boots for a while now...)

Shields

(This is the shield I started out with when first spec'ing into the character. I do not have a level 4 enlighten, let alone a level 2 enlighten, so I used what I had.)

(This is the current shield.)

Over all I can run all 6 auras, not die to reflect from careful use of warlords mark, and I have over 5k ES.

This is my current tree as of level 89. I helped Oak in normal, helped Kraytin in Cruel, and helped alira in merc. The current character I'm playing on was Mjolner life based; originally.

+1 to OP for this great build guide and explanation. I am just here to show what I did so that maybe others can think about what they need gear wise if they dont have OPOPOPOPOP gear.

Why did you all go straight up from Elemental Equilibrium? Its 4 nodes (gem slot 5 and if you need Dex 6, etc.) instead of just going two nodes above the instability route? is it due to the needed 30 dex since there are other areas to go 2 nodes just for a jewel spot that saves a node point for something else? You all have me sorta confused on the choice in this section of the tree especially prfct1on who does not even use the dex node if I remember correctly. What am I missing on your guys choice on this route.
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
"
Young_One wrote:
Hey guys, this is my setup for a "cheaper" version of this build. While I am not poor in PoE, I do not have multiple 6l legacy shav's wraps and therefore cannot afford to buy atziri's acuitys or mirrored gear atm. This is my gear and tree to show you how I'm playing this setup without GG "BiS" items.

Wand

(Paid 15ex for it.)

Helm

(From when I did Uber in 1.3 with my LL Mjolner Character)

***Ring(s)***

(The first ring I found a while back farming some zone, cant remember exactly.)
((***I had a very hard time trying to get my hands on a Shav's Ring for about 8 hours today... It seems the hype from this build being posted is transitioning a lot of people to buy the ring. Although I agree to an extent that this build is possible to run with only a 6L Shav's Wrap, I also believe Shav's Ring should be included in the list of gear needed to run this build. It is very hard to sustain ES without it.***))

Amulet

(Great ammy I found farming... Docks I believe???)

Boots

(Had these boots for a while now...)

Shields

(This is the shield I started out with when first spec'ing into the character. I do not have a level 4 enlighten, let alone a level 2 enlighten, so I used what I had.)

(This is the current shield.)

Over all I can run all 6 auras, not die to reflect from careful use of warlords mark, and I have over 5k ES.

This is my current tree as of level 89. I helped Oak in normal, helped Kraytin in Cruel, and helped alira in merc. The current character I'm playing on was Mjolner life based; originally.

+1 to OP for this great build guide and explanation. I am just here to show what I did so that maybe others can think about what they need gear wise if they dont have OPOPOPOPOP gear.

Why did you all go straight up from Elemental Equilibrium? Its 4 nodes (gem slot 5 and if you need Dex 6, etc.) instead of just going two nodes above the instability route? is it due to the needed 30 dex since there are other areas to go 2 nodes just for a jewel spot that saves a node point for something else? You all have me sorta confused on the choice in this section of the tree especially prfct1on who does not even use the dex node if I remember correctly. What am I missing on your guys choice on this route.

His tree could use a little work, can be minmaxed but even as is, it's extremely capable in maps from what I saw. With some minmaxing I truly think it's a great budget oriented setup that will get people that same type of playstyle of High end circe for 1/8th the cost.
"
Rathik2,

How about you answer the man's question without shamelessly promoting your own random builds within someone else's guide?

OK, sure, is not really a one line answer though. He can't really use my fix with your skill tree.

Anyway
"
ehlee64 wrote:
How would you solve the no regen issue to cast when using VP without Acuities? Vitality won't work.

Here is a cheaper and more effective budget build.

First, drop blood magic. Its not needed and its limiting.

Get a -8 to mana cost of skill amulet. Will cost 2 exalted 1 regal 6 chaos and some alts.
Example

With an additional -8 to mana cost ring all mana costs become ZERO. Not needed, strictly optional.

Barrage instead of Kinetic Blast.

Single target attack cost is 1 mana. Trash is 3/5 mana cost depending if using LMP/GMP.
Easily regenerated.

Get Vaal pact, Atziri's Acuity is not needed what so ever.
They are worthless for this setup, they will just save you a skill point, they are not BIS for this setup. There are much better rares or Voidbringer for high ES/spell crit and ES gain on kill and +1 to elemental gems.
BIS is corrupted Voidbringer +1 to level to gems.

Drop vitality and haste and add herald of ice, herald of thunder and Hatred to do even more damage. (Grace or Arctic armour for more defensive approach)
Hatred adds a shit load lot of damage for single target setup.

Aura calculator. Discipline + Hatred + 3 Purity + 2 Heralds
https://poe.mikelat.com/#sj7-dQCd/VXUA-sc/jAwqwX/l6E-gl

Skill tree provides 23% attack speed and you have 3 extra jewel slots.
As prfct1on said you need to aim for 2.3 APS. Easy to get there. No need to waste mana reserve for Haste. You no longer need 159 DEX, 108/111 DEX is the goal, easier to itemize.

You will have 5 jewel slots to work with now.

If you really want level 23 auras that give 5% max res get corrupted Voidbringer with +1 gem level. They sell for 25 exalted. Mana cost goes up to 9 with GMP but very easily handled.
poe.trade link http://poe.trade/search/izuhasikanhimo

You don't need Enlighten level 4 what so ever. 45-50 exalted for a gem? No thanks.

You can very easily maintain RF with Saffell's frame.

You still have 60% increase effects of auras.
You still have Unwavering Stance.

You loose Barbarism but prfct1on already said you can run with 96% fire res instead of 97%. If you are using Saffell's frame you will be capped anyway with flask.

113/123 skill points. If you have level 100 character you can take more crit nodes, EE, ES, double curses, etc.
Level 90 is more realistic for the common player.

You really need to read my notes to understand the concept and how I tackle each issue.

Notes
Spoiler
"
You can start playing the build at level 38 even with a tabula rasa.

We don't need Atziri's Acuity. Using the gloves will just save you one skill point from Vaal Pact. They are pretty much worthless now.
You can use rare gloves with ES/accuracy/attack speed/resistances etc.
Or Voidbringer gloves, lovely stats on them.
Or even Maligaro's Virtuosity if you don't care about ES.

Blood magic keystone is not needed, you don't need to waste 13 skills points to get it and it also forces you to use a super expensive and rare item, Atziri's Acuity.
You also don't have to waste mana reserve for Vitality, just add a useful aura.

Build focuses more on single target damage to tackle the hardest bosses. AOE damage is already very high.

Use Saffell's Frame to maintain RF.

More damage from 2 heralds and hatred aura.

5 jewel slots. Allows flexibility. 1 slot will be used for Conqueror's Efficiency depending on how many auras you want to run.

Vitality not needed since we use mana with a cost of 1/3/5 mana depending if using LMP/GMP or not. No need to waste skill points to take blood magic. We have better uses for those skill points and the aura slot.

Haste not needed. Skill tree provides 23% attack speed. With the extra jewel slots and the flexibility on gear you can add more attack speed to match the loss from aura. Goal is 2.3 Attacks per second.

Don't need 159 DEX anymore, 108/111 DEX is our goal for LMP/GMP.
Skill tree provides 80 DEX, 31 DEX needed from items.

Hatred/Herald of Ash only useful when using Ethereal Knives and/or Glacial Cascade. You can run Arctic Armor/Grace instead when clearing trash.
Hatred > Herald of Ash

Uses barrage for trash and bosses. Kinetic blast costs to much to use.
Barrage does the job almost just as good. You just need to aim at something.

Kinetic Blast costs
Spoiler
Costs WITH OUT Elreon's items

KB + COC + LMP = 29 mana
KB + COC + GMP = 34 mana

I don't think is worth it to go with this.

Links
Armor color sockets: GGGBBB

Single target link, mostly use for Atziri, deals high amount of physical damage.

Barrage + COC + EK + PCOC + Glacial Cascade + Flame Surge

RF burns Atziri so you also get 50% more fire damage from Flame Surge

Costs 1 mana.

For trash you can use lots of variation depending of play style.
A very good setup is

Barrage + GMP + COC + Assassin's Mark + Freezing Pulse + Arc

Costs 5 mana, easily regenerated.

Aura Requirements
"
###NOTE###NOTE###NOTE###

Using corrupted Voidbringer gloves with +1 to level of gems and a level 21 aura will take the gem to level 23 which also gives +5% max resist, the gem doesn't have to be level 25.

Also your level 3 Enlighten will be level 4.

The normal gloves cost as low as 1 exalted according to poe.trade
Currently two corrupted +1 gem skill are sold for 25/32 exalted.
Poe.trade link http://poe.trade/search/izuhasikanhimo

###NOTE###NOTE###NOTE###

Normal price. Flexible. More single target damage from Hatred instead.
Requires 38% reduced mana reserver from passives.

Conqueror's Efficiency
Blood Magic + Purity of Ice + Discipline
Enlighten(3) + Purity of Lightning + Purity of Fire + Hatred/Grace/Arctic Armor
Enlighten(3) + Herald of Ice + Herald of Lightning

Auras confirmed with Mikelat's aura calculator.
https://poe.mikelat.com/#sj7-dQCd/VXUA-sc/jAwqwX/l6E-gl

Old setup, worthless now. Don't use.
Spoiler
Setup 2.
Super expensive. Provides two level 25 auras. +5% to max resistance. Requires 30% reduced mana reserve from passives. Empower gem increases mana reserve. It also wastes 1 gem socket. Level 23 auras also give 5% to max resistance.

Conqueror's Efficiency
Blood Magic + Purity of Lightning + Discipline
Enlighten(4) + Purity of Ice + Purity of Fire + Empower
Enlighten(4) + Herald + Herald + Herald

Auras confirmed with Mikelat's aura calculator.
https://poe.mikelat.com/#ofYPGICd/fSix=m/k4BZARb/QotuuIX

I hope the information was useful.

EDIT

Some typos fixed
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Jul 25, 2015, 1:22:45 PM
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:

Good question man, I have since updated my tree from the post, this is what it currently looks like.

I had a bad pathing error, fixed now. I need 10 more DEX, so that node near vaal pact is there to cover that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info