[3.0] BoR WoE block TANK (perfect Lab farmer)

just a hint, but:
Wouldn't switching to Dual Strike (as with the old WoE+BoR build) be very viable again with the new 2.1 patch?
I mean because of buffed Melee Splash:
"
Melee Splash now applies to a significantly larger area, has no penalty on its primary hit, and increases in radius as the gem levels up.

I know Cleave got buffed as well, but "only" its AoE. Dual Strike is indirectly buffed in damage with Melee Splash...
Even tho Melee Splash as been buffed, you need 2 gems to do the same as Cleave so I don't think it will be better.
When I've a spare moment I could try that. I'll let you know.
Thank you for the fast update, 0Nemesis. Works perfectly!
I have been playing a Cleave BoR/WoE build for some time, with a setup that had much less DPS and noticed this one.

I have been toying with it and I think the only problem is the curse with the block/damage reaction attacks, they never trigger often or usefully enough, so I decided to try it with the movement skill and the ressults are much better. Specially since it combines well with mobility, with the reduced area.

This is my gem setup:

BoR (main): Cleave + Multistrike + Fortify + Concentrated Effect
Boots (aura): Grace/Hatred + Herald of Fire + Enlighten + Summon Flame Golem
Gloves (utility): Rallying Cry + Blood Rage + Immortal Call + Increased duration
WoE (Curse+ Movement): Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Curson On Hit + Warlord's Mark + (5L) Blood Magic + (6L + double curse SoL) Enfeeble

I still have to get the 6L and the corrupted SoL, but I think it can be worth it against end game contect.
How much Mana does it use per cast?
I hope so much that you will post update of the build for Ascendancy.
Updated

Ascendency Champion with fortitude and inspirational.
Swapped fortify for added fire in claeve setup and reached 190k dps full buffed. (147k normally)

Gladiator was another possible option to get rid of lazhwar and rainbowstride but overall it gives nothing other than that.
Anyone tryed this with a marauder ascendency? I guess a Berserker could do the job right: Rite of Ruin + Aspect of Carnage.
With block the extra 10% recived damage don't bother much, and 40% MORE dps is huge.
Thank you for the update!

Finally got some time to play around with this new update.

The build is even more tanky now! Especially with extra enchantments.

But what do you think of taking Slayer instead of Champion subclass? I think it will benefit a lot from using WoE?
Perma fortify is better, even with champion rhis build can reach over 150k dps.

I was thinking about using up to 3
and getting rid of Lazhwar for a better amulet (life, dps). With 3 of those and without Lazhwar it would have 71 block / 75 spell block at the price of 24% crit chance for mobs.
Would it work?

When Perandus league will end, I'll try switching this build on a berserk marauder; if it will take too much damage from mobs I'll take out Added fire for Fortify on Cleave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info