[3.0] BoR WoE block TANK (perfect Lab farmer)

Just to confirm it: 2 deathless Atziri run in a row.
Only thing to be careful is to kill cycloner first from trio.
Hey, can you add a leveling tree and maybe some tips on how to level?
To level this just ignore block nodes and go with a 2h phys weapon with whatever skill you like the most.

Something like this (54 points):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAO4EswthDc0UIBUgFewZtBzOKk0rUCzpLYM1kjwtPydHfkrIUEdfP2VNZ5to8m6qcql82YNfg8yE2Yazh2qK8KIAqZSuPq9sr6e18rc-uR29Nr6nwGbE9sauypDYveRR6UbvDvAf9zL-Cv5U

Next thing I suggest a 2h axe and getting axe damage node, block will be last when you can finally equip BoR and WoE (lv70).

Don't bother with Lazhwar and Rainbowstride before getting BoR and Woe!
howthe hell did you get rainbowstrides RRBG? Just wasted 250 chroms .... even with vorici
Hey all, I have been away from PoE for a while and a friend is pointing me back with the changes. I re-did my RF maurder and he is not quite what he used to be so I am looking at other builds. My lvl 85 Duelist used to be a BoR/WoE build but is still waiting for a re-build with the latest wipe. I see this build seems pretty darn close to what I had but not much info / conversation on this build yet.

Are there any videos on someone running this?
Screenshots of real off/def pages?
Can this be run w/o the block jewels for a while? I do not have a single jewel yet as I have played 2.0 for a total of ~2hr on my RF dude and most of that was trying to figure out what was wrong.

Looking at equipment I think I am pretty good with some link changes
Spoiler

I do have a rather large stash of other equipment that I could pull from if something already on this guy does not match, belt? Such as maybe:

Spoiler
Nevermind - not letting me post EQ from other then my one character for some reason

I see the original spec tree and a modified one from 0Nemesis. I assume 0Nemesis's tree is if you do not have the correct EQ so I should try the original one I believe?

As for the rainbows lui36000 ... lots and lots of chromes mixed with lots and lots of luck. I do not even know how many it took me anymore but I remember spending days and days farming chromes and crossing my fingers when I went to Vorici.
Last edited by Antacus on Aug 7, 2015, 5:23:52 PM
3off rainbowstride from artisan bench took 2 try at 100chrom each. Difficult part is +1frenzy!

Sorry I have no video, but soon or later there will be screenshot about attack and defences.

@Antacus: First thing first change cleave setup with Cleave + Fortify + Conc Effect + Multistrike.
Then, you don't "need" block jewels but they're nice to have, to me they're +5% all block. You can easily do whatever without them but in a couple of weeks you'll have them for sure.
Please change that belt, it's hurting my eyes XD A doryani physical or a rustic with life are far more useful than wurm
Other than that I suggest autotrigger gems instead of CWDT.
trying this build. I am only level ~40 so far, but mana leech is still kind of an issue. How do you guys stustain mana cost of your skills in the endgame?
Early game I always played blood magic.

I have 0.2 mana leech in equip (ring) and a jewel that gives 0.39.
Playing with 67% mana reserved is enough to sustain cleave.
Normally 0.4-0.6 is enough even against boss and you have 2 rings + gloves + jewels to get it.

If you can't sustain mana with melee skills try curse on hit (or manual) + warlord mark, until you get a better leech. Leap slam is an optimal skill for that.
I still play warlord mark on hit with auto-triggers but that's just a small bonus for me.
Last edited by 0Nemesis on Aug 9, 2015, 3:48:47 PM
"
0Nemesis wrote:
Early game I always played blood magic.

I have 0.2 mana leech in equip (ring) and a jewel that gives 0.39.
Playing with 67% mana reserved is enough to sustain cleave.
Normally 0.4-0.6 is enough even against boss and you have 2 rings + gloves + jewels to get it.

If you can't sustain mana with melee skills try curse on hit (or manual) + warlord mark, until you get a better leech. Leap slam is an optimal skill for that.
I still play warlord mark on hit with auto-triggers but that's just a small bonus for me.

Yeah good point. I totaly forgot that Warlords Mark had manaleech too. I am not yet using curses, because quite frankly the build is playing itself apart from the occasional mana issue.

I am wearing slitherpinches at the moment and I think I will need to swap them out at the beginning of merciless. Pretty much at the same time when I will equip the WoE. So I was unsure how the mana situation tends to develop at these levels.

I figured the more damage, the more leech, the less issues. But these things dont always develop that straight forward.

Sniped some sweet +1% block +%area damage +mana leech jewels today and even one with +8%attack speed.
So I gave this build a try, on my level 85 duelist. I did change out my belt :)

Spoiler

This is the first I have played any Act4 stuff so I went through using my existing equipment, presious post, not changing anything to how the gems are recommended except +fortify + conc effect -increased AoE -added fire in my help. I was getting 39k DPS in town and 46k in my hideout. I did see a 66k tooltip time to time when running. Keep in mind my old gems are kind of low level, I was doing the 20q upgrades when I quit way back when, and two are only ~lvl 10 gems now. I finished Normal A4 not even paying attn. Cruel was eaquily as easy. Merciless was where I started getting challenged. I did die one on Piety and 3x on the final boss... forget his name. I did buy 2x blue 1% block with 10% elemental resistances and a nice rare +1% block with mana on hit and mana on damage. I did have a mana issue until I got the rare jewel. I'll chime in as I go but so far this is a good 2.0 version of the build I used to play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info