Constant lag spikes

"
zankioh wrote:
Is there any difference between using Steam or Standalone version when it comes to these spikes? Or performance in general?

No they still persist for me, but going back and forth between the two seem to reduce lag for some reason. Uninstalling and reinstalling also.
I've been having constant lag spikes on and off for a few weeks now. Whenever I see I have lag spikes I either log off or do easy maps. FeelsBadMan
Echoing what everyone else here has said. I came back to the game recently but will be leaving until the lag is fixed.
IGN Azonto
Same for me here i was just gonna start again and the lagg keep appening how do you want to play in hardcore like that im gonna quit until the lag is fix
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4effio/dear_fellow_redditors_please_solve_my_poe_latency/

try this guys hadnt been able to play at all at night and this fix works for me AU server
Just chiming in to say I've decided to stop playing as well, until the massive lag/disconnection issues get better. I am able to finish a merciless lab run maybe 10% of the time without being disconnected somewhere in the middle. Feels bad, man. Tried DC and Texas servers, and it didn't seem to matter. I don't have any issues like this playing D3.
I'm really curious to know - Why has there been no response from developers on this issue? You'd think with so many players saying there's such an issue, that they'd either fix it, or come out and give a comprehensive explanation about why/how they can't, or some kind of temporary fix?

I'm experiencing insane lag issues as well, forcing me to completely dump my evasion character, as the lag with lockstep simply freezes me in place - rendering me unable to use whirling blades to do manual dodging, and mashing all my life flasks doesn't help either, I just simply die and that makes cruel basically unplayable. I can't even get to merciless.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, GGG is still putting out tons of new shiny microtransaction things as well as new skills and new content. Fix first, new shit later?
"
Meanwhile, on the other hand, GGG is still putting out tons of new shiny microtransaction things as well as new skills and new content. Fix first, new shit later?

U can still buy more currency tab and more MTX? maybe in 2017 they will fix servers ^^.

Its like Paris servers for 1st april, the day after he was closed, and he is still unavailable because all instances are going to frankfurt, thats not what i call a "new" server, but just a trick to make people think they are working whereas they don't.

U see any performance or server improvement since 2.0 release ? So why should we wait for some now ? They just don't care about all these issues, they just want people to play the game the first 15 days of a league, want these people/sheeps to buy the maximum MTX possible to get paied and then let the things go until the end of the league, thats all and simple.

People are trying to make developpers wake up for almost 2 or 3 years now, almost since alpha, an NOTHING has been improved, camps are freezing, rain/sounds/grounds effects are still giving huge fps drops to all configs, EU servers died twice a day since months, etc , etc ,etc the list on unfixed problems is huge as fuck, they did NEVER get an eye on it, so why would they do now ?

They only want peps to give money at the beggining of the league, then these sheeps after 15 days since they can't afford anything, they will just switch game and paid somewhere else to come back at the other league, and GGG's is fine about that, they releasr 500$ packs for talisman with almost nothing inside and people applause, so WHY WOULD THEY CHANGE ANYTHING ? If sheeps applause for getting milked they have no point changing anything.

If you are an old player who like to play in long periods you are totally screwed with POE, the only thing we can hope for, is that everything about performance goes worst and worst, like hell, this way maybe issues would affect also the WK's and the Sheeps who might finally change their mind about all this lack of professionnalism, but i personnally don't think it will get any better, sheeps and WK's crusading too hard for screwing all people feedback on reddit & on the feedback section of the forum, anyway, lets just see with the new games from others developpers, if POE is so good, if players will stay with all this lacks of optimization ...
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
Hell, simply searching up "poe lag" on google shows lag issues dating back years. Some ranging from fps during boss fights or because of environmental effects.

Now look here - if GGG came out and said why they couldn't fix it, or how they couldn't, or even showed some form of progress that they WERE fixing it (which it's pretty apparent it probably hasn't had any, seeing as how the problems have been going on for several years) then I'd happily accept it and then continue to play and never level up in Cruel.

But then, there's so many incredible suggestions by people on the forums and reddit for quick fixes for problems, like adding in the option to disable environmental affects (which the one for dominus was originally refuted by GGG, saying it "removed the ambience for the boss fight". Hell, it ruins the ambience when I'm playing a game that requires quick reactions and I can't do anything.)

Addressing your point about the sheeps and such, think about it from the point of view of a game company - why cater to the veteran players, who may have already spent money and are not willing to/spend less money in the future, than cater to the newer players or make new leagues that you have to fund in micro transactions every time, and simply create new things for people to buy?

Fixing servers/internet lag issues simply doesn't net them any revenue - so why fix it?
I've been having this issue all league. Lost a lot of gear on hardcore because of it. Entirely random spikes and looks just like what's in the op's gif.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info