http://i.imgur.com/96vR5PM.jpg

*strangles someone on the forums
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
ohnoo
*dies*
The best part of this whole discussion is the realization that this is only a "troll" item if you let it be. (It certainly isn't to me. I'll be happy whenever I find it.)

Rich doesn't have to do anything... you all are trolling yourselves.
- here's my sig
"
pneuma wrote:
The problem is intention, not implementation. There's a world of difference between getting into a car accident and purposefully crashing into someone even when the end result is the exact same thing.

Uniques are an opportunity to add something that is for everyone's benefit. The intention behind this unique is laughs at the expense of others. It's a bit disappointing that GGG saw no problem with that.

I already pointed this out earlier in the thread, but what if the troll is actually creating a useful item and convincing GGG and the community the intent is to troll.

This increases the creators odds of actually being able to abuse/use his item at a very cheap buy-in price since the common notion automatically goes to it being a troll item and as such, worthless.

To put it bluntly, you are making the assumption that his mail to GGG isn't a troll itself but in fact sincere.

If this premise is off, then so is the subsequent conclusion.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
pneuma wrote:
The problem is intention, not implementation. There's a world of difference between getting into a car accident and purposefully crashing into someone even when the end result is the exact same thing.

Uniques are an opportunity to add something that is for everyone's benefit. The intention behind this unique is laughs at the expense of others. It's a bit disappointing that GGG saw no problem with that.

The problem, for you guys, is knowledge of its intention. If no one in the world but the criminal driver knew he was acting criminally, then there would be no difference whatsoever on reality, or your perceptions of the event.

So now that you know his intentions, you're calling on GGG like 8 year olds call their parents. "MOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM HE HIT MEEEEEEEEEEE". Except this guy isn't even doing anything as benign as punching you in the arm. He created an item that has multiple design goals. You guys are throwing out all the other objectively fine mechanical designs of the item, and throwing out 80% of his artistic goals of the design (the cold damage, the rarity, the eagle, the Mall in the name) and getting super butthurt about the one part of the item that, ironically, you have control over your expectations.

Also 'uniques are an opportunity to add something that is for everyone's benefit' says who? If they release a unique that is best in slot for righteous fire builds, how many people does that benefit? It's a wasted unique for 97% of players (or more).

The reason GGG doesn't have a problem with it - as I've been saying this entire thread - is because they know that down the pipeline, multiple uniques will be attached to the same base item.

And since intentions are irrelevant to reality once that is true (with, apparently, the exception of the .005% of players who will read this thread and take umbrage), there was no reason to say 'no' to this item.
Last edited by innervation on Jul 20, 2015, 11:29:24 PM
Well, We are all aware of it now and it can no longer troll you. So now it's just another item in the game. By getting mad and raging about it in this thread probably makes RichMoney happy. What makes me laugh is that some of you guys knew this before replying to this thread and still raged about it. Feeding the trolls is what motivates them. People have different personalities and just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. YOU CAN'T SATISFY EVERYONE. I don't even understand why y'all are mad about it and why it actually angers you other than the "intention". It was a weak troll at best, but WOW this is kind of hilarious at this point. Not everything that drops is going to be something you want.

Long story short, I think this issue is way overblown and isn't anything serious enough to debate. (Even though i just did that) :) I love you guys.

Also, i think this is the first time i have ever disagreed with CharanJaydemyr. He is usually on point.
There can only be one Oatmeal.
Last edited by billyoatmeal on Jul 21, 2015, 12:50:33 AM
"
That's actually bothering me =/ it's like they didn't do anything they just swapped ''your heart will beat rapidly'' moment to another item into disappointment

~shakes head.

Had this feeling last night.

Really is disappointing for how infrequently the highly desired unique bases drop. Went to xyz to see that people are selling them for a Chaos or less in Warbands. Not even a good skin rip T_T
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 21, 2015, 1:26:20 AM
"
billyoatmeal wrote:
Also, i think this is the first time i have ever disagreed with CharanJaydemyr. He is usually on point.

I don't think he's off point though, he doesn't understand how this item was created which had a clear trollish intention to be created ( That's RichJ though that's his personality love it or hate it.)
Yet other items that were far less trollish were not accepted. However we don't know the premise behind any of those decisions by GGG and I'm sure charan may not fully know either or he may I don't know.

I think the concern is that it might set a premise for people who have the ability to deisgn a unique to do so to "troll" players.

I'm not super hardcore I love the game but It doesn't consume my life so it really doesn't bother me.

Anyway GGG trolls me almost everday with terrible rare drops :P

I finally managed to trade my Tröllner for 1 Ex... Not so bad in the end.
But still a bad experience and a big deception after I first saw this golden Gavel on the ground.
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
I finally managed to trade my Tröllner for 1 Ex... Not so bad in the end.

Unidentified to someone not aware of its existence? o_O

Wouldn't blame you, someone trying to buy Mjolnir for 1 ex deserves that :)

"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
SunnyRay wrote:
Or add a recipe for 5 unique items of the same base type -> random unique item of this base type.

OR the odds would actually be comparable to actual rarity, and no one would use the recipe.
(the rarity difference is closer to 50:1 assuming Cameria's is a T4)
Mjölner would come down a LITTLE, but the main effect is that Cameria's would skyrocket to be worth approximately 1/50th of a Mjölner. (or about 1ex)

Of course, odds would be based on rarity weights. It's effectively a chance orb that rolled one of uniques.

Stressed contradictory parts of your post.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Jul 21, 2015, 9:35:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info