So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

People are dismissing this New Gavel Unique. Yet wouldn't this weapon work well for Magic Find Runs. At least in theory. Ice Crash deals plenty Area Damage as people have mentioned. And if need be you can also probably switch in a Glacial Hammer Link Setup for Single Targets.

The fact that this one doesn't need massive stats like Mjölner also makes it far much easier to use and if its what people say how much they hate it would be easy to buy them in bulk to get one with "Perfect" Rolls.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Also, for a low, low investment of 1-2 chaos (for the maul), 1 scour and 1 chance, you can still get the Mjolnir. :)
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Honestly, this whole "troll shavs" "trollner" is annoying and it's getting really old really fast. People seriously need to get over themselves.

The gavel is perfectly fine if people would actually open their eyes and look at it instead of being sheep hopping on the "omg trollner" bandwagon. In terms of raw stats its superior to mjolner in every way.
-better base phys
-flat ele
-crit roll
-40% rarity

Its basically mjolner without the one thing that makes mjolner broken as all hell. Mjolner is nothing but an op version of a cast on crit build that doesn't actually have to stack crit chance and can instead go spell crit because of its broken proc

in terms of melee magic find, dual cameria's cast on crit is as good as it gets.

Its disgusting the amount of whining and crying thats happening over this item
"
boogboi wrote:
Honestly, this whole "troll shavs" "trollner" is annoying and it's getting really old really fast. People seriously need to get over themselves.

The gavel is perfectly fine if people would actually open their eyes and look at it instead of being sheep hopping on the "omg trollner" bandwagon. In terms of raw stats its superior to mjolner in every way.
-better base phys
-flat ele
-crit roll
-40% rarity

Its basically mjolner without the one thing that makes mjolner broken as all hell. Mjolner is nothing but an op version of a cast on crit build that doesn't actually have to stack crit chance and can instead go spell crit because of its broken proc

in terms of melee magic find, dual cameria's cast on crit is as good as it gets.

Its disgusting the amount of whining and crying thats happening over this item

This guy gets it, sort of.

The reaction was expected (and desired), but people are overlooking that if the item was on any other base people would still be making builds with it. I get whispers every day about players making build with my unique and I enjoy those even more than my friend getting his 14th copy of it and mad that it still isn't Mjolner.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Last edited by RichMoney on Jul 22, 2015, 9:35:04 AM
I like the theme, perhaps I'm shaded by having lived a few years just outside the twin cities. Glad you're happy with it, and yeah, I imagine it must be satisfying having people @ you about actually enjoying using the item.
I see it like this:

Compared to 99.9% of all of the white/blue/rare Gavel based items you'll ever get (or buy for 2 chaos or whatever) in the game, this thing is a BEAST!

For soloist, non-economy type players like me who have no intention of ever doing that gfx card melting COC thing with the other brown Gavel, the new Gavel is where it's at!

Honestly hope I come across two in my travels :)

Yes and that is a good thing. Troll uniques are a good thing. This way people will have a harder time abusing chance orbs.
In what capacity is using the currency orbs that drop for you 'abuse'?
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Yes and that is a good thing. Troll uniques are a good thing. This way people will have a harder time abusing chance orbs.

Seriously? ABUSING?

LMAO What the...

Really?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
FadeXF wrote:
It's really kind of sad what some people will do for attention. But I get it... I see that in my 5 year old - if he's not getting the attention he's craving from his parents he goes and chases the dogs which he knows he isn't supposed to do... anything to get attention... even just negative attention.

Basic psychology, really. Psychology 101.

After watching the stream I got your item even more. You make sense to me now. I get this: 100% makes total sense to me.

I just think it's kinda sad... but moreso that GGG let it in the game instead of getting you to focus the attention you negatively desire on something positive for the game. Tough break for us as players, but I guess if it makes you a happier person and gets you the attention you so desperately - even to a point of negatively - seek then so be it.

sounds like someone struck a nerve with you. you made two similar posts in which you almost repeat yourself. ironically, right now it looks like you are looking for attention because no one replied to your first one. well, you baited me into some. and again, ironically, you made two posts so if richjm did it for attention, well you got baited as well.

now, I very much doubt richjm did it for attention. in fact Im sure he did not. his stream was never a top stream and its not a top stream now. he didnt do it so his name would be known- his name was known before as poe player, and known well in streamer circles.

you know what's kinda sad- your veiled subliminal insult is. 'trolling' people with item drops in a game is one thing (tough break for you that another unique drops - give me a fucking break will ya ?) , insulting people is another. it reeks of cowardice. plain ol' cowardice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info