So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

"
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
I don't get the problem with both of the new items. The Covenant is great for BM Mages - Marauders being the easiest character to start one with.

The Cameria's Maul is great for a player who wants to run a Glacial Hammer Build.

wait, the covenant is not a new unique, was its base changed?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Covenant
Covenant now uses Spidersilk Robe as Base. Same as Soul Mantle

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cameria%27s_Maul
Same case with Cameria's Maul since its also a Gavel just like Mjolner.

Wait, you sure there was ever a change?
never did pay much attention to base but wiki doesnt say anything about base changing and I found here a thread from 2013 with a screenshot of it as spidersilk robe.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/277758

I think its more of a case of people wanting to build totems (flame totem op) this league and noticing this unique shares the same base as soul mantle.
That and the great boost to ES modifier might have fooled you.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 20, 2015, 9:22:49 AM
From someone who has chanced 3 Infernal mantles, one being a day before the launch i had a good laugh when for the first time i see a unique Gavel drop it was another troll thanks ggg time well spent i guess, ill do my chaos vendor at 85 meanwhile streamers luck have gotten several 6links within hours/days of xpac launch.

Seems legit
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
People who fuck with other people's free time are the worst. "I'm going to pay $1000 for negative internet fame, please notice me, please."
Found a unique gavel, kept thinking this is the trollnir, with heart still beating faster then normally hoping it somehow would been a mjolnir (even knowing how the loot system works).
Picked it up and it was of course it was:

I laughed my ass of, thinking well played, well played.

Heard a bit of the back story on state of exile earlier, and man is it a well planned item, everything about it is just subtly trolling :D.

I much prefer finding uniques like this that get my heart beating, then uniques that have no chance of ever being good. (I would name them, but well there are a lot..)

This reminds me so much from back when I was playing D2 a lot and each time a Sacred Armor dropped, you just held a hand over your heart wishing it was a Tyrael's Might and not a Templar's Might.
Even knowing the chance of it being Tyrael's Might was about 1/10 the chance of it being Templar's Might.

I think the game needs more stuff like this myself, the game ends up having not many exciting moments except for the few intense fights later on.
And those fights are like 5 seconds rushes and not the drawn out excitement that finding and identifying new loot entails. (well for me anyhow)

I would rather that each unique item shared their base with multiple items, given how the loot system works in this game, that would make each unique drop a 'possibility' to be the awesome item instead of the normally crappy one. (without it taking away from the chance of it being awesome)

Finding uniques that you don't even pick up because you know they have no chance of being useful, just depending on the base item is a much much worse feeling for me. (even some of the low level uniques are quite useless sadly :/)

I would much prefer finding an unique item (that could be good), picking it up and finding out that this time luck wasn't on your side then having no chance of it being good at all.
ign:Cursedflame
Last edited by Cursedflame on Jul 20, 2015, 10:39:48 AM
cant believe people are actually upset about it tbh.
Nerf Mjolnir to be worse than trollnir -> problem solved with additional pleasure of trolling trollnir creator.

Or add a recipe for 5 unique items of the same base type -> random unique item of this base type.
I find it funny, now i know the history behind the item, obviously. I bought one (haha judge me) trying to come up with an Ice Crash build and, of course, i failed. It surely would be a not-so-crappy item if it had a higher attack speed.
Slow'n'Steady-Proud Standard Player
Litenheat 77 LS|Onroids 67 IC|Iendis 82 SA|LeslieMagnafuzz 76 Arc|Rakta 83 Tank|Kalika 78 Reaver|Borealis 78 BoRWoE|lendis 74 TS|Astreex 74 WS|Ignitium 88 IW|Ignitia 75 SRS|Mahakali 81 CoC|Selenne 81 FB|LesIieMagnafuzz 70 IC|Ulfhedinn 75 Sweeper
lol at this thread. well played richjmoney, this thread is your reward!

---

"
Lyralei wrote:
"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Unique rarity tier comes prior to base-type.

Does the loot mechanics in PoE really working that way?

This is how it works. Rarity then Item Base.

true, and you could see it action by getting higher than level 68 unique maps in campaign areas where higher than level 68 maps cant drop, meaning an item is a unique first and then the base is picked. (also why unique maps were not allocated to map maker, not sure if changed ,though it shouldnt)
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Jul 20, 2015, 2:30:57 PM
I don't consider this item to be a troll, I consider it to be a grief item. It's odd someone would want to add negativity into the game purposefully.

"ha ha ha, you got trolled, I am the greatest troll, ha ha ha" is what I heard in my mind when I read his submission e-mail.

I just find it strange someone would want to interact with the community in a negative manner when the option to do something else was available. In the end, I feel it is juvenile, but I don't really care, just another unique that I'll write off when I see drop, like the vast majority of them.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
I don't say this lightly: some people need to really rethink how they spend their money.

Chris told me when I was fighting for Infernal Mantle to be moved to another base that there were players asking to have duplicate uniques. I wish I could say I was surprised, but it takes all sorts.

I'm more amazed they allowed that item name.

EDIT: Guildie just found one -- the name is a little less painful but knowing the backstory doesn't help.

I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle. Someone wants to waste their money, I'm happy to indulge.

And that's coming from someone who defends custom designs almost constantly.

One core principle to custom design from the start has been in disallowing items that give negative player experience. I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one.

Not GGG's finest hour.

It's interesting, because I used to be just as frustrated by your swords. They are great items and I really loved the way you created the second from the first (have no idea if the third ever released), but GGG put them in the unique collection for challenges in two leagues, and they were rare as hell. It hurt to have to farm several exalts worth of currency to buy not one but two of them.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info