So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

"
"
Disrupted wrote:
Considering NuclearRaven lost OCCUltist vestment due to all the mindless whining (though more ES was gained, the wordplay was lost), I applaud Rich for doing this.

Hope we get to see the third leg eventually, still waiting for it if he feels its worth to put his money to it.

God that angers me so fucking much.

with all due respect miss, while Rich reasonings for making a unique are trollish, I think people brought this on themselves.
and its his money, so as long as GGG finds it fitting, I dont mind.

Spoiler
and I actually like the unique, I've wanted a phys mace for a while, and unless new maraketh weapons have changed it, I believe Gavel is still the best one-handed "physical mace" base.

It was bound to happen eventually

EDIT: actually the damage is a bit too low, but it still has a niche use, which I dont mind, if it had no uses at all, then I'd be angry

Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 19, 2015, 9:40:29 PM
"
... its clear to me someone at GGG found this "funny" when its entirely based on something that is not: hypocrisy.

Back in D2's heyday, it was quite clear that Blizzard's gameplay policies were covertly friendly to PKer's (player killers). This was confirmed by Max Shaefer's infamous defense of PKing in Diablo II:

http://www.diablowiki.net/Player_Kill#Max_Schaefer_Defends_PKing

Considering this Mjolner ringer and the Ember Mystery Box episode, I think it's fair to conclude GGG's policies are often quite "troll-friendly". In fact, their entire Meta Game could be considered in that light.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jul 19, 2015, 7:56:00 PM
I like it and don't see the problem.
IGN: Scordalia_
I don't get the problem with both of the new items. The Covenant is great for BM Mages - Marauders being the easiest character to start one with.

The Cameria's Maul is great for a player who wants to run a Glacial Hammer Build.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
I don't get the problem with both of the new items. The Covenant is great for BM Mages - Marauders being the easiest character to start one with.

The Cameria's Maul is great for a player who wants to run a Glacial Hammer Build.

wait, the covenant is not a new unique, was its base changed?
Oblivious
"
My original proposal for my unique item to GGG was basically a 'Forgery' unique. It could show up dropped as any other unique and it'd have the unique art but it'd have crap stats.

Sadly, they shot that down. Imagine the hate I could have garnered for myself.

that's hilariously evil.

but I think it would be nice and a possible addition if it had some secret recipe to make it into the original unique.

Like, it would define its "fake" base on drop, but could be be changed into the real one by selling it, along with a alch orb, 1 white, 1 blue , and 1 yellow base of the real unique at the vendor.
Or hell, just simplify it and give it a chance to turn into the real thing by Vaal orb.
I think that idea is better.

Spoiler
DO IT
Oblivious
Waiting for someone to make a godly Eternal Sword so Dreamfeather will be the troll eternal sword.
"
Lyralei wrote:
Waiting for someone to make a godly Eternal Sword so Dreamfeather will be the troll eternal sword.

Gonna be honest, i was sort of expecting the %damage/evasion value to be lowered in the rework of unique's.

The little boost in base damage is nice, but it's really the unique modifier that does it's design justice in my opinion.

I wanna love it, instead i just like it. Made two builds with it already and both ended up swapping it out sadly enough :/

But i always give your sword like 10 levels of my time worth when i decide to use it :p.

The new skills do make it interesting though, since it's a global% modifier :o)!

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
I know other designers who have been told NO flat out to better ideas than this joke of an item. Where once GGG seemed to care a bit more about the integrity of the game (I can't help but feel this was the pre-Nick era of item design, before he came along and started contradicting existing design restrictions), its clear to me someone at GGG found this "funny" when its entirely based on something that is not: hypocrisy.

That is all. Feel free to say "salty" or whatever. Most of you will never contribute enough for your opinion on item design to really mean anything to me anyway.

How this item is poorly designed?

"
Disrupted wrote:
"

wait, the covenant is not a new unique, was its base changed?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Covenant
Covenant now uses Spidersilk Robe as Base. Same as Soul Mantle

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cameria%27s_Maul
Same case with Cameria's Maul since its also a Gavel just like Mjolner.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info