(Dec 3) Ladder Race League with 50+ Prizes

Gorlak, that sucks. When did that happen? Monitors were going pretty cheap on Cyber Monday. I know Newegg had some under 80 bucks.
"
enshin wrote:
Unfortunately, Gorlak monitor has blown up, am writin this from netbook, and it dont look like I be able to join in this good times,Won't be able to replace by then.

That does suck. That's exactly why I keep all my old computer parts. You never know when something's gonna kick the bucket and you need a quick replacement.
I am really excited to see that there are MUCH more prizes in this contest than the previous. Even though I've participated in the ladder races so far, I've always felt it was for nothing. I knew I'd never level fast enough to reach top level. So now you've given us so many options for winning prizes that I feel there's truly a chance for all of us to win now.
Well I came 49th in the last ladder race, and there are 50 prizes, so that means Ill probably get one prize?

We will see, at any rate the unique prizes are the ones that I still would want (which have the same requirement as the last race). This time I want to create a party of 4-5 people (Different classes), so PM me if you want to join and what class you want to play

Lastly can anyone tell me how to enter Cruel difficulty? Ive only played on normal so far..(sob)
There needs to be a contest/tournament/whatever that is solo-only. Those of us that play infrequently and don't have expanded in-game social circles, or who simply prefer to not party, are at a competitive disadvantage any time partying improves ones lot in a contest.

For example, it will be FAR easier for a party to achieve the Cruel/Merciless goals than a solo character. Yes, only one person gets some rewards, but everyone gets there faster in a party.

I'd like to see a contest at some point where you have to run solo and can't party.
"
unsmith wrote:
There needs to be a contest/tournament/whatever that is solo-only.

No, there doesn't need to be anything. It would be nice of GGG to do something like that, but you're overlooking the fact that this is closed beta. Most likely there will be at least 1 more full wipe in our future. While these contests are fun, they ultimately mean nothing. If this were a publicly released game, then I'd be inclined to agree with you because catering only to a certain group of gamers would lose a lot of customers.

Every reward in this competition can be won by a solo player if that person tries hard enough. The likelihood is debatable, but it's possible. You have the option to play solo or in a group. The contest details have been given to you. If you don't take advantage, well that's on you.

I'm a solo player too. I enjoy do things on my own and in my own way. But I see no reason to say that things aren't fair when it's my own choice that makes things seem so. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a solo competition. But I wouldn't be upset if it never happened in Beta.
Nice contest, hopefully ill be able to make this one!
"
taekvideo wrote:
I have a feeling the bulk of the primary quest awards will go to only a couple people though, if they get a bit ahead. Will have to see I suppose.

I have the same feeling. First person to run straight through will win the same prizes over and over. Seems like they shouldn't be able to win the same prize twice.
IGN @dime
I hope I can make the window and participate in this event! I just want to have fun, but I won't say no to a couple of items :P
Hmm... What should I write here?
But... That's part of what they are trying to figure out! It sound simple to see that those that get in in the first second will win all of the prises, but when ou unleash a few hunders people and introduse randome elements it gets muddy.

Heck, I might luck into a prize, and I suck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info