(Dec 3) Ladder Race League with 50+ Prizes

"
Gorv wrote:
Yay, again a saturday evening ... So people in europe with some social life on weekends can never take part in this ladder races - good job! :)
I know it's hard to find a good time, but how about to rotate some days for this contests?

Yeah, I can play on any other evening but saturday. I'd love to participate but tell this to my gf and friends. Weekend evenings are precious when you work ;)
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
"
Polkin wrote:
Wait, so your telling me that you are discriminating on group players? Man that sucks, same thing they did last tourney where the winners were solo players.

The last ladder discriminated against solo players, so it's only fair. I'm sure there will be plenty of others that cater to grouped players.
"
Chris wrote:

At the end of the tournament, we will award the prizes in the Hardcore league on a character that we add to your account.

What happens if an account already uses all character slots? Is it possible for you to go over the limit when you add this special prize char?

"

Full-clears:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive the listed currency item for that area.

First step of a system to track achievements? I want achievements in regular play. I want many! :)
Last edited by siis on Nov 30, 2011, 10:03:55 AM
It's great that there are more prizes available this time, might actually participate in this one.
I have a feeling the bulk of the primary quest awards will go to only a couple people though, if they get a bit ahead. Will have to see I suppose.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Oh my god. People is actually complaining again the Saturday datetime? Are you crazy our what? Meh. I think GGG should make these events 3 times, one for each zone so everyone gets the opportunity to play on a late saturday, and somehow limit players that already played it to not enter again. Hugh, now that I read this, it sounds too complicated. Mmmm, whatever, I'm in. :P

_
"
Chris wrote:
Only people in Asia have a rough time (sorry!)

11pm in South Africa :p Not really "Rough" (I'd say like 4AM or some such would be far worse though ;p)
Caution: Typo's can get you banned :P

http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AllenJ555555555

/)^3^(\

-= Reelix =-
"
aerows wrote:
"
Polkin wrote:
Wait, so your telling me that you are discriminating on group players? Man that sucks, same thing they did last tourney where the winners were solo players.

The last ladder discriminated against solo players, so it's only fair. I'm sure there will be plenty of others that cater to grouped players.

How did it do that, most of the ladder winners were in solo groups. The people in groups got way behind, even if they were skipping past stuff to get further. At this point in the beta this game is meant to be played as a single player, it provides no bonuses to being in a group, which is why nobody ever does it. But why in the world would I want to play an online Single player game? That is just a terrible idea. Hopefully by the release they will fix this problem and promote groups, and teamwork. I dont care about the loot system, FFA is awesome. But damn provide something that will interest people in groups.
Last edited by Polkin on Nov 30, 2011, 2:52:59 PM
"
Polkin wrote:
The people in groups got way behind, even if they were skipping past stuff to get further.
That's not true at all. My party had the leading templar, duelist, ranger, and marauder for the first 2 hours. My templar died at that point and the ranger quit, but the duelist and marauder held their leads until the last 20 minutes. If I hadn't died due to lag, our party could have taken at least 3 of the 5 prizes.

We weren't even very prepared for the rush. We just went at it and didn't slow down, had a lot of fun, and almost won. It's very possible for parties to excel in these competitions.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Looking forward to the race!

Some thoughts regarding the competition:
Its all about
"
The first player to.....
,hurry ,hurry..
Would be nice to implement some none "rush" content.And some more "imagination"
Example:
The first player to...(lol .. I know..)find an Unique and link it into chat.
Player with the lowest lv who manage to kill Mervail or/and"insert boss name" (Have to be at First try since its not HC)..(Personally think this would be great!=real challenge)but can be exploited(Twink,Twink not allowed..hard to monitor maybe + only solo ofc.
Highest xp of a "nonstandard" build , bow witch , Rangercaster etc.
To encourage pvp - best score (+- kills) act 2

For groups=Highest XP (divided depending of how may in the group ofc=not HC so not that hard to calculate,but if someone drops out=no go)All in grp get prize.
Well ,
Just a few ideas , maybe next time?
Rgds ,
L

**Better to burnout , than to fade away**
Closed Beta Member since September 2011
Last edited by Lazze on Nov 30, 2011, 4:36:40 PM
This looks like very cool event, well thought out , and much improved over the last.
Unfortunately, Gorlak monitor has blown up, am writin this from netbook, and it dont look like I be able to join in this good times,Won't be able to replace by then.
Anyway, good luck to the rest of you :D
GORLAK SMASH WORDS!!
--------------------
The Greatest Plate Vest Of All Time! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/293910
So store. so item. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/136100

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info