Friday-Sunday Only - The Ember Mystery Box!

and a fireplace. not bad really. would have loved a full armor set but the chest alone is nice
Looks like people approached this with the wrong idea. Even at 10% per box to get any component of the new armour set, on a perfect run of boxes, that would require a minimum of 40 boxes, at 45 pts apiece, 1,800 pts, to get a set. Statistically speaking, that is, of course, ridiculous.

Worse still, many folks just pumped that "Buy" button until they ran through their points, then started opening the boxes. Show of hands: How many of those complaining about what they got even bothered to look at the range of MTXs they might get, i.e., fire-based at 45 pts or higher?

I approached this assuming that I stood a reasonable chance of getting something I could use at a decent to fantastic points level. I wasn't chasing the armour (though what I got was the new boots), just hoping that I might get another Infernal Weapon effect, or mebbe some more Infernal Footprints. For 45 pts, a dupe of an MTX I dun want to hunt down to transfer between characters would've been fine. If I'd gotten another Fireplace, or those stupid, insanely-frenetic Fireflies (a rare failure of the art department to research how the things actually move, and a lost opportunity for a potentially beautiful MTX), I'd've been disappointed, but then, nobody pointed a gun at my head and said "Spin the wheel, bub."

It's called free will, and informed decision making. Dun go blaming GGG for your failure to think things through. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
mystery box "sales" for players to clean their point balance are usually a sign some interesting mtx is about to come. i'm excited already.

hoping to get the full armor at 45pts per box is foolish given the fact that the armor set will come at the price of 10 boxes in 3 weeks.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
nice scam
"
nice scam

nice 'logic'
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Feels like a cash grab scam think ill wait 3 weeks(why 3 weeks lol) till the set is purchasable to use the rest of my points. These boxes remind me of those horrible korean mmo's with those random cash shop loot boxes i hated oh so much. Y you do this GGG
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Looks like people approached this with the wrong idea. Even at 10% per box to get any component of the new armour set, on a perfect run of boxes, that would require a minimum of 40 boxes, at 45 pts apiece, 1,800 pts, to get a set. Statistically speaking, that is, of course, ridiculous.

thats not the problem the items for the set dont all have the same drop % within that 10 % which leads to a shitload of boots and gloves and that isnt mentioned in the OP. that and the ammont of dupes of the other items do you really need 10 foxes ?
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
daaviid78 wrote:
Ok, I had 122 points left. Bought two mystery boxes, was left with 32 points. Filled upp 100 points and therefor had 132 points. Bought two more and are now left with 42 points.

All in all I bought four Ember Mystery Boxes, but in my microtransaction stash I only have three boxes. Why? Please give me my last box.

I will wait to open the boxes until you have noticed this.

Are you sure there are 3 boxes in all? I ask because in the previous rng box sale, there was 2 sizes for boxes depending on what was inside, and people with large mtx tabs often passed by one of the more uncommon sizes.

With that said, should contact support directly if its not the case. Upper right corner when logged in, should give you a mail adress.

You were right, there was a tiny box hidden among my mtx stuff in the first tab. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wouldn't have noticed it. Thanks again.
OOH now I get it

"There's a 10% chance of receiving one of those armour pieces in each box"

ONE of these pieces. and THAT ONE is the gloves (or whatever the common armour piece was)

the chestpiece can be 0.000001% of all boxes and it's still a true statement

genius
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Had like 300 points left from purchasing the Apprentice supporter pack a while back. Had just purchased the Steam-powered armor that was on sale and then the message for this box popped up.

Can't complain spending 45 points and getting a 550 point pet out of the deal. Of course wife had like 50 points left and grabbed one after seeing what I got. She got the Firefly pet, at least she seemed to like what she got.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info