[2.0] SRS | {UBER DOWN} | MF OK! | SelfFound | CHEAP & Beginner Friendly | twitch.tv/Dygnity

I cant see to get the generosity thing working? How does it work i cant cast it uyet when i do it reserves my mana and when its sat there doesnt apply to others
"
zenixmoo wrote:
I cant see to get the generosity thing working? How does it work i cant cast it uyet when i do it reserves my mana and when its sat there doesnt apply to others

What generosity does, is: It reserves your mana to cast an aura with greatly increased effects, but it has no effect on YOU. That's why you won't see the buff icon, even if your mana is reserved. It will still apply, with greater effect, to your friends, raging spirits, minions and other friendly units.
Is it possible to play the build without the chest setup until I can get the sockets done?
"
halaci wrote:
I don't understand what's the purpose of the +2 (or +3) fire gem support on the staff when there are no fire gem placed into it? Also, why Elemental Equilibrum is useful if there are no fire or cold dmg gems or passives in the build? As far as I see neither the +level nor the +% ele dmg with weapons are utilized on the staff.

Woudn't be a 1H+shield combo better for defense (higher block, higher res) while keeping the +attack speed on the weapon? Yes, it would require the chest to be the 5L, but with this gem allocation it isn't a problem.

I saw the white 4L atziri video, it's very impressive, but I don't understand these parts of the build.

SRS is a fire based spell game. Mechanically, this is only a spell for the usage of cast speed as a modifier for the summoner to cast more spirits faster. The reason for the +2 or +3 staff is to boost the base damage of the spirits, which is the best way to scale them that we know of. If you check the wiki for summon raging spirit, youll notice the base damage for them begins to scale exponentially beyond level 20.

Modifiers like attack speed, spell damage, and any other modifiers for your character that do NOT explicitly state MINION XXXX will not be passed down to your minions and provide no benefit at all to them.

"
joseca wrote:
Couple questions:
Can I make this work on a templar? I've got a level 79 one I want to respec into this. I've come up with this tree, with 45% mana regen, 25% more life and a bit less maximum mana. The downside is only 1 jewel socket instead of 5, I'm not sure how big that is (Not that I can't drop some points to pick jewels or anything). This is my current tree, any suggestions for improvement?
Tree:
http://poeurl.com/zsY6QLa

Second question: Isn't 70% life (Or 95% on my case) a bit too low? Do you survive things? What is your total life? (I have a belly I can use, btw).

The jewel sockets are the glue holding the SRS build together. While the damage is "ok" at higher gem levels without jewels, the addition of the jewels is insane and brings the build to a whole new level.

I tried to load your tree but it failed to work. Belly is a great option putting me between 3.8-4k+ hp depending on what other gear im wearing at the time.

"
TheError wrote:
From my tests Multistrike now offers far less damage than Melee Physical damage so I'd put it above Multistrike. If you are usually on full life you'd probably even want to use Melee damage on full life over it.

Else a nice guide.

Multistike and spell echo are without question the best things to support SRS with. Echo straight doubles the SRS you can cast at any given time, and multi is a massive boost to their dps. While against a pack of mobs, please remember that multistrike functions the same way for SRS as it does for a player. They will attack one target, and the subsequent 2 attacks will be targetted randomly.

There are many guides for SRS in addition to hours of testing at the lowest and highest gear levels to support that around these forums.

You never ever want to include melee on full life as SRS will constantly take aoe, splash, and non-targetted damage randomly in every situation. The moment they take a single point of damage, it is equivalent to unsocketing the gem. Minion damage and melee physical never encounter this issue, so using melee on full life is a huge no-no.
Last edited by styyled on Jul 21, 2015, 11:16:19 AM
"
Zentr0x wrote:
Hi,
very nice guide, its kind off sad that i didnt read it before creating my own SRS Char :P
I think your lifepool is pretty low? Not sure how you can make this work...

I hope you guys can help me to improve my build and setup.

My Tree

It is not even close to the tree you suggested, but im currently level 81 and it somehow works out:)
I tried to combine as much minion-dmg and life nodes as possible to be able to survive and still deal sufficient dmg. The jewels i have are nothing special mostly quest and magic ones. I hope to improve them as soon as i can. But im honestly not sure what to look for. (Priorities should probably be Mana/Manareg/Miniondmg/Castspeed...or ill run more of those Conquerers Efficieny Jewels ... will take a while^^)

Another Problem is Dex. I have to use an Alphas Howl to be able to run Hatred, Clarity and Haste.

Here is my current gear
Spoiler

All off my gear is from other chars i played...thats why the crafts arent optimal.
I guess DMG will come frome Gemlevels now and maybe swapping in some quality gems.
Im using Searing Touch because i had it from a firetrap char, i know that its not the best choice but i cant afford a 6L rare Staff and honestly dont want to waste currency on another 5Link :/

2 big Problems...
1. I have no idea how to continue in the tree (Im not very satisfied with the limited amount off RS i can cast due to my low mana pool...(160ish unreserved)-> can maintain 20 - 24/5 with vaal haste) My life pool is ok (4300 atm), still it feels like im lacking Armor/Eva when playing against fast mobs in maps. 1 additional curse could be nice(3 Points), or another Jewel near Scion (3Points) ... dont know
2. My Sockets arent organized at all. (Auras for example...just horrible)
I have no idea what i could do instead of my old CWDT/IC setup(...tried moltenshell but was not very impressed)
I thought about replacing it and 4 Link my spelltotem (ST-Arc-CoH-Enfeeble/Tempchains/Eleweakness) but not sure if i can cast that with my low manapool :P

Id be really glad if you can somehow help me regarding gear/gems and tree.

I took a look at your tree and you spend a lot of points that you shouldnt need. I currently run a 5L/6L setup pushing 28+ spirits and have zero issues with mana. Your clarity needs to be level 20, and only 2 points from the dynamo cluster is enough. I would highly suggest putting more points into acquiring jewel sockets for leadership jewels, and if you wish to acquire more -mana cost, get it on the jewels as well. I have very little unreserved mana because with a high enough base mana regen, you realistically only need enough mana left to cast once and regen completely before the next cast.

The defensive setup you suggested will not work. Linking them in that fashion will result in a spell totem casting arc, and a spell totem casting your curse. You cannot trigger a trigger (Curse on hit) via a totem in this manner. I suggest CWDT + Enfeeble + Arc + Skellies. This will result in the same outcome you intended from your totem, except it will also drop skellies which can be targeted directly by mobs unlike SRS. This also removes the need for you to consider your mana pool because this will be casted automatically, instantly, without mana and without stopping you from casting SRS.

Searing touch works just fine, just lacks mana regen available from other staffs.

I would suggest investing into mana regen + cast speed rings and amulet.

It is not 100% required to run 20 haste / vaal haste. 15/16/17 on these gems is fine if you do not quite have the dex from gear.
Last edited by styyled on Jul 21, 2015, 11:28:12 AM
"
BansheeLP wrote:
what would you take as supports in a 5L with one of them being a rarity gem?

SRS > Echo > Multi > Minion Damage / Melee Physical > Rarity
"
zenixmoo wrote:

Generosity + aura will reserve your mana. You will not see the aura icon anymore because you no longer benefit from it. Cast a minion like SRS and you will see the aura ring around their feet. Your party member will be able to see the icon in addition the visual effect.

It works I promise :)
"
zenixmoo wrote:
Is it possible to play the build without the chest setup until I can get the sockets done?

Yes. I used a random 5s then a random 6s chest that i alched until i got a belly and then eventually got a greeds.

Arc + Totem and then Vaal Haste + Inc Duration is really all you need on chest, so a 4s 2L/2L will do just dandy.
if i happen to found a pledge of hands , that will be useful for this build too right?
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
free bump currently using this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info