[2.2] [Updated, Uber down again] Heavy Armour Mjolner v2.0 (Build + Uber Guide)

Passive tree seems to be down, anyone mind uploading at another site? Thanks!
At what level minimum can you start playing this as I got a Mjolner last night

Thanks
Hey there, thank you for your detailed build it's really giving me hopes for high end content.

At the moment i'm 87 on Warband with the following gear :

Spoiler

Also I'm using these jewels :

Spoiler

Here's the tree for my final build (not the one I'm using at the moment since I'm tweaking untill I get better rares/jewels)

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycBUIRLUGWfIOus9D16-5MsxzcMtGnCNAfIG4EB0V-jxpFR49G7-tQMIPbDlzAZh0UVcZq-gSzjmT60qIA96YWbxcv8B_hc7b642oksGjymjuApK9sgptV1gth7DjGrjrYhXuuPjwtJy8BkWZUZ5uDX5BVLdLkUVBH7w4UIF8_f-PBBBo-Mft5aHy4qW4pLlivd-PAGvGsNugB3G87Vw0B54ZghNmWbKcwYVJHfpHOn8vvTr02XhNlTUCgktC-p3rvRrchYBLhBS3Tb0SedPFTuyml85toZQ==

So in the end I will have roughly the same armor and life you do, also about the same attack speed but with more crit spell (i'd say 34+ on discharge and 23+ on arc) but being on Warband I'm using Mjolner 30% and not using Magnate.

I feel I'm able to sustain my flasks while face tanking during boss fight but it's harder if he keeps tp'ing or running away. Do you think I can pull it off in Uber with this setting ?

Also I was very intrigued by the +2 mana on hit mechanic to allow fortify in the 6L. I gave it a try though and I feel there's a lot of downtime with 5+ aspd and I often have a delay between my attacks (tested with 50 or so mana left). I've noticed even yourself don't have enough to cast 2 melee skills, do you have this issue ?

I would very much appreciate if you could give me your inputs.

Thanks again, cheers!
Hi. I didn't read the whole thread, just read your first post, and there are some questions I would like to ask:

I see you get more endurance charges than power charges. Maybe I'm wrong, but are you able to get full endurance charges? I mean, you get 5 power charges, then discharge them so you get 5 endurance charges, get again 5 power charges and discharge them + 5 endurance charges. What am I missing? I think the best setup should be a 5+5.
Second, you are using a diamond ring. That gives you more crit chance, but I think if you get more crit chance it's harder to get charges, as you get them when you do not crit. Am I wrong?
Third, did you consider dropping some nodes (maybe the life + armor near the start of the Marauder tree) and get the 4% phys damage reduction + tons or armor of Soul of Steel?
Fourth, can you sustain the mana pool? As far as I've seen in similar builds on Kingsguard, they use Blood Magic. If you can sustain the mana pool, you've would only need a 5l Kingsguard, which is cheaper.
Finally, did you consider using Voidbringer gloves? Gives you tons of crit multi = lots of damage output.
BTW thanks for the nice info you gave us on how to approach the trio, I needed that.

Edit: just saw the +2 mana on hit. Forget the fourth question. :P
If that works, you should consider on adding gmp + lmp (3R3G) instead of linking Molten and Lightning Strike together on the 6L. More hits.

Edit2: forget about the endurance charges question, though I would like to know if you've ever seen more than 5 endurance charges up. Also forget about the question of LMP+GMP, I see you think it's about the difficulty to get the colours.

Edit3: Saw you explanation about Voidbringers, no need to answer that.

I think I only need to get answers for questions 2 and 3. :)

By the way, I've not got the Magnate belt with +1, but I've got a Perandus Blazon +1 to endurance, and +25 to all attributes. It gives an 20% increased flask duration. I've used it with this char on Lightning Coil and I never felt I was out of flasks. I think it was a duration of 6 seconds per flask.
Last edited by intre on Aug 9, 2015, 3:26:36 PM

Lets see how long it takes me to get gloves.
Love the build.

I liked alot the idea of +mana on hit, but with low mana aviable ain't going to be smooth to play.

I twist the OP build for +energy on hit, and the play style is very good. Also I went for the 3 Auras + Herald, using Herald of Thunder as a boost for the dps and as a vehicle to deliver Elemental Weakness. BTW you only need 1 jewel with +2 or +3 energy on hit.

STATS with (4/4/3)
Defense
Spoiler

Arc
Spoiler

Discharge
Spoiler

MS/LS
Spoiler

Skilltree
Last edited by akaflux on Aug 9, 2015, 10:48:11 PM
"
intre wrote:

I see you get more endurance charges than power charges. Maybe I'm wrong, but are you able to get full endurance charges? I mean, you get 5 power charges, then discharge them so you get 5 endurance charges, get again 5 power charges and discharge them + 5 endurance charges. What am I missing? I think the best setup should be a 5+5

This.

I've seen numerous trees with more Endurance charges that Power (even accounting for +1 power charge bandit choice).

BTW, I recently switched from the DPS/Crit version of Mjolner 2.0 (going to Shadow side) to a heavy armour side, and I absolutely love it. Sure bosses are a bit slower, but overall the change is great.

For those of you 90+ running 78+maps, how are you dying (if you are!)? I'm slowly creeping up there, and wonder where the weakness are.
Last edited by Dakilula on Aug 10, 2015, 3:31:05 AM
"
akaflux wrote:
Love the build.

I liked alot the idea of +mana on hit, but with low mana aviable ain't going to be smooth to play.

I twist the OP build for +energy on hit, and the play style is very good. Also I went for the 3 Auras + Herald, using Herald of Thunder as a boost for the dps and as a vehicle to deliver Elemental Weakness. BTW you only need 1 jewel with +2 or +3 energy on hit.

STATS with (4/4/3)
Defense
Spoiler

Arc
Spoiler

Discharge
Spoiler

MS/LS
Spoiler

Skilltree

Interesting can you post your gear as well?
"
akaflux wrote:
Love the build.

STATS with (4/4/3)
Defense
Spoiler

Arc
Spoiler

Discharge
Spoiler

MS/LS
Spoiler

Skilltree

Is your armour with both Jade and Granite flasks on?
I don't like going to the Trickery node, as more crits means less discharges.
"
intre wrote:
"
akaflux wrote:
Love the build.

STATS with (4/4/3)
Defense
Spoiler

Arc
Spoiler

Discharge
Spoiler

MS/LS
Spoiler

Skilltree

Is your armour with both Jade and Granite flasks on?
I don't like going to the Trickery node, as more crits means less discharges.

No granite nor jade flasks.

Gear
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info