[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
ShihanPiotr wrote:
Ok... after years I finished my real life work. Here are two most requested things:
- new video (under video section)
- new PoB link (under Q%A section)

I done what I could with this video but I can't get better quality. I will update rest of guide before Sunday. Still need to do more detailed leveling section with items for each stage of game (this is current priority) and answer questions. Uber Elder will come in next week. I also would want to present Atzri/Shaper/Elder in EE's style (but that won't be too soon).

Thanks a lot for all the work put into this guide :)

I've followed it as my 2nd character and it has mostly been a successful journey. I have departed a bit lately on advice from others, and I never did dare to buy the Abyssus. But even after dropping the 5L Brass Dome and going for a reasonably armoured 6L, the build has been very good, and by now also fairly fast (+52% movement). I have used Cleave instead of two Double Strike setups, but the Vaal Double Strike is fantastic against bosses.

My gear is by no means the best in the business, but moving into red tier maps now have been okay, and I just successfully took down (normal) Atziri.

I'd say it is a beginner friendly guide and fairly cheap. As always you can spend stupid amounts of currency on it if you want, but it's doable on more of a budget too. I did spend over 40 chaos on the 5L Brass Dome, but other than that the other pieces were self-found or acquired for 1 to 10-ish chaos.

For a while I farmed uber lab (got bored with it), which is very profitable. Since I never used Abyssus I don't know how good it is, or how much more damage I would take face-tanking Izaro, but I'm sure DPS would be even better (around 300k with my current setup, which is more than enough).

Other differences I made along the way was using a stone golem instead of ice golem, and enfeeble instead of assassin's mark. More defensive but also more secure. With a Diamond Flask you'll be critting most things anyway, so that aspect isn't a big deal. My multiplier is probably lower, but enemies still melt in front of me, or rather around me as I like to whirl into a crowd and freeze and crush everybody. Tried Herald of Ash for a while, and it gave more DPS, but it felt less secure, so I went back.

For quite a while I used a double Scaeva setup (no stat-stick due to using Cleave), which was excellent. Recently I upgraded to Ahn's Might, which boosted DPS by around 30k.

Another nice thing with the Scaevas is that red sockets give you life leech. Apparently goes over the max limit when coupled with Blood Rage, but I only learnt that later.

I did find it hard to drop the resistance and intelligence nodes from the tree, but swapping out Brass Dome made it easier because then I could get more life and resistances on other gear. I've followed the passive tree suggested to the letter (apart from a wrong turn early on), and it's very good and thought out.

Certainly a strong and fun build, which I would recommend. Thanks for the build guide, and allowing me to enjoy the game with it :)
Could you please fix your PoB code link? It's a youtube video link of your character.
I have the last PoB before the updated (I think) may be of use until the link is corrected

https://pastebin.com/caGqUXRW

Looking for some upgrades but not sure where, got around 300chaos to spend atm. any tips? can't figure out what to do for a weapon.
I'm still chugging along at 90 now stats are great except for HP which I want over 6k but I have done plenty of t14 maps with no problem but elder kicked my arse and so did Atziri so need to work on my skills of play I think.

Just about to max my skill gems and get 6k life so build will be at full potential and i'll keep grinding endgame..

Still lots of fun!
"
jhhoodlum wrote:
I'm still chugging along at 90 now stats are great except for HP which I want over 6k but I have done plenty of t14 maps with no problem but elder kicked my arse and so did Atziri so need to work on my skills of play I think.

Just about to max my skill gems and get 6k life so build will be at full potential and i'll keep grinding endgame..

Still lots of fun!

About Atziri: Did you AVOID attacking the copy with the mirror? Can be a little hard to tell them apart, but if you even tickle that one you instantly one-shoot yourself due to damage reflection. That thing ate me up on the first try, but thankfully got them on the 2nd.
can u check my gear JusttankyNothingElse i have 30 ex budget how can i improve the build better xd
Hey man, was just browsing builds and saw yours. I wanted to say how awesome it is that you spent so much time and effort making such a detailed guide for people to follow. Effort like yours makes this community great.
Exlent guide, but PoB paste bin is not working
"Q: Do you have code for Path of Building?
A: https://youtu.be/IdZ3IhqOqWY"

I think you set the youtube address instead PoB Pastebin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info