[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

I've been using this build for my first real char and made it all the way up to act 10 Kitava but there is no way I can kill her. Even getting to the first heart stage takes me a couple of deaths but once the heart is out I can't survive at all because there are so many guys around and they all pretty much one shot me. I'm level 67 with 3.7k life and 4k dps double strike 4L Melee physical-melee splash-ruthless (with herald of ash and ice and flame golem out). I've killed pretty much everything up to that point without too much of a problem, although maybe a bit slow. So I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong, any help would be appreciated.
Great build, works fine, finished ~tier9 maps in Legacy league.

Hope I will push even more this season.
WE READY FOR 3.1

Problems with my "PC" force me to leave 3.0 at the beginning. This time I made some preparation to prevent such bad situation. Still planning to add/upgrade three things:

- Video - at least present short cuts of clearing and boss fights right now.

- Gear - I want to showcase gear for each act boss

- DPS description - how much each part of gear/passive change DPS

Unfortunately that mean I don't have gameplay with new Ancestral Call gem :(

Act4

Act5

IGN: Nanashi_Sabazashi
"Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide
view-thread/1321402
Last edited by ShihanPiotr on Dec 8, 2017, 10:04:48 PM
I am trying to copy this build but am having trouble understand which sockets you DO and DONT link and WHERE you place them, Ive got the 6L chest understood, but Im unsure about the rest? Im going to follow all recommendations and play it the same way you would and then experiment. Could someone please explain which gems are linked and where they are placed? Please and thank you!
build seems interesting what do you think of nebuloch as a stat stick ?
Sincerely saying, you can enroll in college with A++. Your post is intact and detailed, that's amazing! You deserved more applause.
Last edited by AndytSAI0982 on Dec 13, 2017, 4:51:31 AM
Can someone look at my character, uber izaro kicks my ass pretty hard, cant do uber.
am i supposed to have a shield at all times or at what point do i need to start using a shield level wise
New player, at SC, level 86 now with around %70 base damage reduction, overcapped all resists. Not currently using any defensive flasks, three damage flasks I can facetank double red map bosses with %25 extra damage, %25 attack speed no problem. I'm not even tuned yet. Pantheon still isn't improved, still using 5 linked brass dome, barely 5k life.

One criticism to the original topic: Do not roll for crit chance or multiplier on jewels. It's terribly ineffective. You should be looking for %14+ Increased Damage/Increased Attack Damage/Increased damage with one hand weapons/Increased Damage with Daggers/Increased damage while holding a shield/#to# Physical Damage to Attacks/Attack speed versions of all the previously said ones!/Life/ Mana leech
At least 3 of them in one.

Cheapest you can find is damage with daggers + damage holding a shield because there is no market for it. 3 chaos for an all tier 1 rolls jewel, yes please.

While best jewels can give is %15 crit chance and multiplier. Slap a damage mod on it, that's 1,5 exalts. If you can find chaos resist or all elemental resists on a jewel, fantastic. That leads up to a path to %30 crit chance for rings. Any mana leech would tenfold the value of the rings, so if you can land a mana leech jewel, rings gonna cost you even less. You'll be effectively at the same place where you'd be, adding 10k damage overall while saving currency.

I also have to say that calling this build "beginner friendly" wasn't reflecting the truth. I personally think that the build shines after 75, maybe even later. After you complete the uber lab, get your damage reduction above %60, put the abyssus helm. It's slow, frustrating especially if you don't know what you're getting to. I still am glad I stick to it. I think I could push 100k dps while still being able to facetank endgame bosses. God, I love facetanking bosses...
Is it crossbow or is it assault rifle?
Hi, i came to your thread by chance on google.

Congrats on your very nice post.

Hope to pick up some tips in your guide :)
34pre98qua

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info