[3.3] TheAmigoShotz! -Lifebased Windripper Raider! Insane Clearspeed + Deathless Shaper!

"
Tormenx wrote:
Why did you spec into the charisma nodes for the 2.1 skill tree? Are you planning on running some skills on mana?

Yes that is for the endgame acuity tree. Will probaly add another cheaper tree for tomorrow
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
Are you planing to post a leveling section for the passive tree?
Not sure how fond anyone else is of the suggestion, but I'll throw it out there for people who are interested in trying to ditch Blood Magic in addition to Life Leech, but aren't able to afford Acuities. On my Wander I avoided using Blood Magic by switching to EB and sustaining off of ES on Hit, but was unable to sustain Frenzy as a single target due to the crazy mana costs.

Trying to sustain Windripper with mana leech would likely run into the same problems, where it's fine for sustaining AoE, but struggles with single target. The way I got around this on my Wander was by switching to Barrage instead of Frenzy, since it's extremely mana efficient.

Bosses died about as fast with either skill in 2.0, and I was using Blood Rage, so I didn't really miss the Frenzy Charge generation, only they buffed Barrage in 2.1, so now it does about 30% More Damage, meaning it's very likely to have better effective DPS than Frenzy, while costing much less mana. Burning Arrow also got a similar buff, and its mana cost is even cheaper. Although it was only buffed to do 15% More Damage than before, so it's probably less likely to be worth using.

Just something to experiment with, either way I'll post the results tomorrow after work.
"
Tormenx wrote:
Why did you spec into the charisma nodes for the 2.1 skill tree? Are you planning on running some skills on mana?

Yes but this is only if you can aquire acuities atm

Edit: realised i alrrady answered this lol ;)
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
Last edited by TheAmigoBoyz on Dec 11, 2015, 8:15:24 AM
"
Well, after spending ages trying to come up with a Wander tree that was at least as good as my old 2.0 one and failing, I think I'm just going to take a break from that and get started with some Windripper fun, looks like it's getting all kinds of crazy buffs with the new leech. Wonder if it'll be enough for bows to match wand clear speed.

Really looking forward to dropping Leech for Lightning Pen, since that's the easy and obvious change.

But what I really want to see is how cheaply I can go full mana-based and toss in something like Increased Crit Damage/Added Cold too.

The mana based version requires Acuities for the instant mana leech
"
Are you planing to post a leveling section for the passive tree?

Just created that, hope it helped. You can find it in the "skilltrees" section xD
Hi, Amigo!

I;ve been following your guide closely and can't wait to get started (Farming that £$£$£ for windripper..).

I have a quick question for you - At what level would you say Scion becomes a better choice than Ranger?

If you ever have time, would you be able to do a quick leveling tree for scion too? I'm sorry :( I see you've just done that for ranger but I'd love to see what you suggest for scion.

Big thanks to you for such an awesome build!!!
"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:

The mana based version requires Acuities for the instant mana leech

I wasn't talking about your tree, I meant in general. Either way, it seems that my theorycrafting was a moot point. No Acuities, not even Charisma(Just Enlightens), and I've been sustaining Frenzy and Split Arrow off of mana while running Wrath+Double Herald.

Gear and passive tree below, it's been pretty hastily thrown together because I just got home from work, and only really wanted to test how easy dropping Blood Magic was. The main reason I take most of those mana nodes is because I couldn't find any gear with decent Int rolls to run Wrath, will probably respec some of that later. They're not all necessary, only a few of them are. You basically trade 4 passives which you invest into mana, and in exchange you get to have +80% Crit Multi(Or whatever gem you choose to use instead of Blood Magic), very fair trade if you ask me. EDIT: Actually, I guess it's 6, 4 mana nodes, and 2 mana leech nodes.

EDIT3: lol nevermind, the hybrid life/mana leech node that gives you 0.4% leech is literally all you need, don't even bother with Spirit Void, completely unnecessary.

The mana nodes in the Ranger area are especially nice since you get +40% increased flask charges, and +20% flask duration. So faster charging, and longer lasting Taste of Hate, so they're nice nodes anyways, even if you didn't need the mana.

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAF4FLQguDY0Pqxa_GYoZjiF2I9Mj9iSLJJ0k_SaVKgsqOC5TMHwx-jY9N9Q51D7PQzFEDUd-Sn1LV0z_TZJOKlFHVEdVS1WFVvpaGluvXfJfsGBDYeJiWmKsZU1sjG1sbj1uaW8nb55wUnTtdct293cHfXV_K4MJhMWGzocTh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CQCpcGmmqbjZu1nKSdqqCfpcumvre2u-O9Nr3mvoC-p8DjwTPDM8M6xKLI8MpK02_TftQj1fjaweOf51TqYu0_7YPuDu968bP8xf66_94=

EDIT EDIT:

Oh, now I see why, base mana cost for a level 20 Frenzy is 10 mana, man that's a massive buff, used to be 15. No wonder I can sustain it without trying.
Last edited by Shotgun_Surgeon on Dec 11, 2015, 10:13:37 PM
"
Hi, Amigo!

I;ve been following your guide closely and can't wait to get started (Farming that £$£$£ for windripper..).

I have a quick question for you - At what level would you say Scion becomes a better choice than Ranger?

If you ever have time, would you be able to do a quick leveling tree for scion too? I'm sorry :( I see you've just done that for ranger but I'd love to see what you suggest for scion.

Big thanks to you for such an awesome build!!!

Well i would say that Scione becomes better once you are in the 90's when life nodes really start to matter. Cause it's in these levels leveling starts to get really hard, and dying once can set you back a couple hours of leveling.

And glad you enjoy the build!

I will try to make the scion leveling guide, but for now just take the big 14% life node in the scion life cluster, and then take the rest at the higher levels
Did a fast try at Mana vs. BM for my wripper:
Gear

on mana - 64k dps in ho, 98k dps with charges (TS-GMP-WED-AddLight-ICD-FA), can sustain 2 shots without monsters
cons: -1 Jewel socket

BM: 61k dps in ho, 94k dps with charges (TS-GMP-WED-AddLIght-ICD + BM), +1 Jewel, no sustain problem

as for me i guess i'll stick to BM, as there's no big difference in damage, but no problems in sustain. Don't have legacy gear to test if mana is better with it(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info