[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

I see now that you removed the "Vigour" charge before taking the templar charges. So you're 5/5 which is kind of a middle ground between the 4/5 of the guide and 5/6 that I'm using.

"
qwertz wrote:

I have - but it's 2 points for the 1 node. And I'm unsure if it's worth having more endurance charges than power charges or equal numbers are better (although it does seem as if I have more endurance charges up than power charges on average). With my gear at the moment I need int from the tree - with the tree I have at the moment I get it from traveling to the templar socket. If I wouldn't travel down there I'd have to take a +30 node. So really just min-maxing.

I though about the charge balance as well and ended up using 5/6. Like you I noticed that most of the time I have a lot more endurance than power charges up (because of the molten/lightning strike crits and endurance charge duration) so I believe having more endurance charges is beneficial both for damage and defense.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Dec 8, 2015, 2:51:25 PM
I wanted to try this build in talisman, do you think the surgeon flask changes will nerf the build too hard?
Last edited by sylphidd on Dec 8, 2015, 2:57:32 PM
^^ will be hard to say till the exact numbers on the new flasks are known, there is also always the magnate and inc crit strikes in mjolner.
"
qwertz wrote:

As such extra crit chance on the ring is nice for the discharge, but counter productive for your moltens trike & charge generation.

Actually it doesn't almost affect Molten Strike as it already has low crit chance. Whether you have 7 or 8% crit chance for MS doesn't matter. But ,say, 25% global crit chance on a diamond ring gives substantial value to your spell crit chance buffed by passives.
just wanted to post.

Lightning strike change does not affect us (LS is Dex thus green in 2.1)

Trash setup

LS > Fort > GMP > LGoH ?/Molten > Faster > Multi (3 Red 3 Green) 8 projectiles (simular to now)

"seems like they wanted to buff LS without buffing mjolner OR nerfing it they succeeded"

Molten > Fort > GMP > LMP > Faster > Multi (3 Red 3 Green) same as is now
Last edited by Tyrlith on Dec 9, 2015, 10:19:20 AM
Well you can't say it does not affect "us" because not everyone is using the same setup as you. I'd say most people are not.

The setup I'm using is 3R/2G and if I ever get a 6L it'd be 4R/2G as is shown in the guide of both versions (2 and 3) with fortify.

So now using LS will mean removing either FA or GMP. Since LS now starts at 5 projectiles and increases (we don't know to how many projectiles) at higher levels I'd say removing GMP is the way to go. We'll have at least 7 projectiles (which we have now) but we'll loose the 10% attack speed. This will be compensated by the red gem that we'll use instead of MS when using LS.

Now we need to figure out what that red gem should be... Maybe empower (especially if that would give us more projectiles) or life gain on hit.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Dec 9, 2015, 1:30:23 PM
"
I believe having more endurance charges is beneficial both for damage and defense.

It is. But you might wanna consider switching out Lightning penetration for Iron Will or Concentrated effect.

I saw qwertz switching out Lightning Penetration for Conc effect for atziri fight and showed good results. So I can say its definitely a good choice. Not sure about the exact % values to run a comparison between Conc and IW for higher End charges though.
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
Last edited by Le_Sanzo on Dec 9, 2015, 2:53:54 PM
With regards to the skills in the chest is Lightning strike still an option
or is Molten strike the BiS?

same question regarding Ball lightning Vs Arc?

LGW
Last edited by LordGreywolf on Dec 10, 2015, 2:31:11 AM
"
LordGreywolf wrote:
With regards to the skills in the chest is Lightning strike still an option
or is Molten strike the BiS?

same question regarding Ball lightning Vs Arc?

LGW

Lightning strike should be greater than ever for mapping but it is weird to use it now since it's a different color.

Arc will always outdamage ball lightning, also should always have better AoE clear thus better for mapping, but ball lightning generates more flask charges so it just depends if you can with your attack speed generate enough charges to have permanent flasks... it's pretty much matter of personal preferance.

"
Tyrlith wrote:

Trash setup

LS > Fort > GMP > LGoH ?/Molten > Faster > Multi (3 Red 3 Green) 8 projectiles (simular to now)

"seems like they wanted to buff LS without buffing mjolner OR nerfing it they succeeded"

Molten > Fort > GMP > LMP > Faster > Multi (3 Red 3 Green) same as is now

Blood magic?
thx Husker I do prefer LS over MS

unfortunately I could only afford a non-legacy mjolner [make matters worse two days after buying it I had one drop in the corrupted zone in dried lake]

trying to sell stuff to buy a legacy mjolner but its a struggle. also had to add in a 4% mana reserve due to the lack of a +1 socket voidbringers so I could run PoL and PoF and Grace

hoping i can get the legacy gavel sooner rather then latter.

Cheers
LGW

Edit: Also with regards to RF been struggling to keep my life up having to life and ruby pot continuously. is it required? or is there something else I could use. Not used RF much and most of that required rise of the phoenix. my PoF is still not lvl 21...

Last edited by LordGreywolf on Dec 10, 2015, 3:11:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info