[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

Hey Krux, I am having a huge amount of fun with a build similar to this, I had a 6 link legacy coil laying around so threw some gear together for a mjolner build and went off the life/armour skill tree

Id like to know what you think, and explain why kingsguard + fortify on main attack is better then legacy coil + life on hit on main attack
To me it seems coil synergizes so well with the 84% light res, high armour, fortify and AA

My armour is at 20k without molten shell or granite, life is 6600 at level 96

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAdwB5wQHBLMFLQVCC2ERLRQgFE0VUBZvFy8YXRiRG_oc3B0UIG4hYCSwJd8ppSycMfsyCTLRNZI26DrhPC09_ECgQZZEnkVHRZ1Gt0d-TLNN41AwUEdTUlO7VcZYY1ivXhNfP2FSZOdlTWebaPJsRm87cmx07XTxd-N4DXrvfIOApINfg8yD24TZhmCMz45kjxqPRprgm1ify6IApBmmV6cIpzCpbq3xrj6us69stfK2LLb6tz68n702vqfAGsBmxFjGrsbY0B_Q9dNv2L3jauRR6-7vDu9O7-vwH_JF9kj3pvrS_Ev-Cv6P

Thanks!
"
DutchRudder wrote:
Hey Krux, I am having a huge amount of fun with a build similar to this, I had a 6 link legacy coil laying around so threw some gear together for a mjolner build and went off the life/armour skill tree

Id like to know what you think, and explain why kingsguard + fortify on main attack is better then legacy coil + life on hit on main attack
To me it seems coil synergizes so well with the 84% light res, high armour, fortify and AA

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAdwB5wQHBLMFLQVCC2ERLRQgFE0VUBZvFy8YXRiRG_oc3B0UIG4hYCSwJd8ppSycMfsyCTLRNZI26DrhPC09_ECgQZZEnkVHRZ1Gt0d-TLNN41AwUEdTUlO7VcZYY1ivXhNfP2FSZOdlTWebaPJsRm87cmx07XTxd-N4DXrvfIOApINfg8yD24TZhmCMz45kjxqPRprgm1ify6IApBmmV6cIpzCpbq3xrj6us69stfK2LLb6tz68n702vqfAGsBmxFjGrsbY0B_Q9dNv2L3jauRR6-7vDu9O7-vwH_JF9kj3pvrS_Ev-Cv6P

Thanks!

SIMPLE ANSWER for Kingsguard>Other Armours -> You get hit, You see your CWDT go off telling you that you just took 3k Damage, you check your health and it's sitting there at 100% nevertheless xD

P.S - How are you managing your single target fights without molten strike or cyclone? O.o
Free Atziri Service - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1458846
Could someone please explain to me Pro's and Con's of Ball Lightning+Discharge+Light.Pen vs. Arc+Discharge+Light.Pen setups in Mjolnir?
Another question - is the order of gems in Mjolnir important? I think I heard that Discharge should be placed top left then Arc/Ball Lightning. Not sure though

One more thing I'd like to discuss. For non-legacy Mjolner the only way to increase its procs is increasing the attack speed ,right? And also have +1-2 more power /end. charges so that when Mjolnir does proc it deals more damage. That is all one can do about 30% Mjolnir. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that. How much crit chance on Discharge spell should I aim for without flasks and charges? 30%-40%?
Last edited by Garfunkel on Nov 3, 2015, 1:08:43 PM
Pro ball lightning many more flask charges/ my guess is if it crits it keeps applying crits as it passes since thats ball lightnings mechanic, con less damage then arc prob slightly worse at killing stragglers.
Yes thats about all you can do with 30% mjolner, I made a path through elementalist grabbing the jewel slot there and using intuitive leap jewel for charges etc, i plan on seeing if i can do uber with non legacy gear but havent found a cheap mjolner yet.
Remove curse or immune to shock on flask? Don't think I can have both unless I don't get a quicksilver with more movespeed on it.
I personally don't think Quicksilver with inc. movement speed is necessary. I use these ones
can i ask why Rumi's isnt used ? i woulda thought that was better ?

"
Shaghar wrote:
can i ask why Rumi's isnt used ? i woulda thought that was better ?

that's because Rumi's can't have a 'surgeon's' mod I guess ;)

,, thats mine ,, so amour is better than Block ? i never really looked into it ,, and assumed block was better ?
"
Shaghar wrote:

,, thats mine ,, so amour is better than Block ? i never really looked into it ,, and assumed block was better ?
It's not that Armor is better than Block, it's that it's not Surgeon's. With a Surgeon Granite we have 100% uptime which, imo, is better and more reliable in long fights. That's not to say Rumi's useless. For normal mapping, where bosses die in a few seconds, there's more leeway to change the 'style' of play. Heck, you might even like running Rumi on Uber Trio. But for me, facerolling Uber Trio has become a trivial task using Granite, so I didn't try to reinvent the steel. Having said that, Rumi's used to be the go-to flask for me, while I played Reoxy's Low Life build prior to 2.0

"
LifeIsShyt wrote:
Remove curse or immune to shock on flask? Don't think I can have both unless I don't get a quicksilver with more movespeed on it.
For the most part flask setup(s) are situational for me. That's why I've refrained from linking all of the flasks and items that I use, as it would be too confusing, and the post would need to look almost like a guide within a guide. When it comes to Curse removal and Shock Immunity flasks, I use few different variations. Jade with anti-shock, Quicksilver with anti-shock, then again Quicksilver with anti-freeze, Quicksilver with added movement speed etc. You get the idea, flask setups boil down to map MODs and your style of play (assuming that you play hard map MODs and wish to try and pull off deathless runs).

"
Garfunkel wrote:
Could someone please explain to me Pro's and Con's of Ball Lightning+Discharge+Light.Pen vs. Arc+Discharge+Light.Pen setups in Mjolnir?
Another question - is the order of gems in Mjolnir important? I think I heard that Discharge should be placed top left then Arc/Ball Lightning. Not sure though
Ball Lightning = more survivability, as the flasks charge MUCH MUCH faster when you hit a single target and packs too. Arc = more damage, possibly better when the trash is easy to clear so you can speed things up, but in harder content I'd say BL is the way to go. I usually stick to Ball Lightning as it enables me to pop those flasks non-stop :D
As for the gem order, yes it matters. Just check Viviere's Mjolner on the 1st page in the Mandatory Gear section. My personal setup is linked in the Build Version 3 "MoM/EB", and it's BL - Disch - LP, what can I say I'm addicted to Ball Lightning :D

"
Le_Sanzo wrote:
"
DutchRudder wrote:

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler

Thanks!

SIMPLE ANSWER for Kingsguard>Other Armours -> You get hit, You see your CWDT go off telling you that you just took 3k Damage, you check your health and it's sitting there at 100% nevertheless xD

P.S - How are you managing your single target fights without molten strike or cyclone? O.o
^This
Glad you're enjoying the build Dutch. I believe there was a similar discussion regarding LCoil a while back. I'm sceptical about it vs Kings when it comes to healing power, as I think Kings will beat Coil. At some point I might grab a LCoil that's on the missus' account and test this, if she lets me. As for Fortify, I wouldn't drop it for the world, screw AA :D However, LCoil's damage reduction and Armor are superior to Kings imo, it's easy to see why you like it :D Have you tried facerolling, for example, Uber (except the Flameblast ofc) with that setup?

EDIT: Also, it seems you've sacrificed a bit of DPS to pick up more Life% and Reduced Mana Reserve nodes and you're missing out on the all important Alchemy cluster, though some of this may be fixed with the 6 points remaining. With Kings, having 7k effectiveLife is easy, while also saving on points to throw around.
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
Last edited by Krux on Nov 3, 2015, 7:13:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info