[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

Have you tried ditching arc and adding concentrated effect?
Love this build!

I had given up on my Mjolner for 2.0 until I came across your guide.

When I started, all I had was the Mjolner, and it worked well even without :
. I saw the potential, and traded until I could afford it.

The build really took off then. I didn't have the gear to reach the stat requirements or pull off capped resists (it gets pretty close near the end), so I used Life Leech + Vaal Pact instead of the Kingsguard. And Kingsguard makes life pretty miserable to reach resists and stat requirements.

I think with LL+Vaal pact its even more "budget".

Anyhow, after 50 regrets trying to get the Templar side spell crit cluster and squeeze into Kingsguard, I've decided to stick with my trash 5L armor +LL+Vaal Pact+Ele Equilibrium.

It is much easier on the stat requirements and I can faceroll any map combination. Highest I've tried so far is 77, but I don't see any stopping this build! Reflect/double reflect never seems to be a problem, but I do use

Thanks and I hope to see updates!

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABAcEswVCBx4JqgthD6sQWBEtFr8YXRzcIG4i9CSLJpUnLyepKPoqOCycLR8yCTLRNZI62DrhPC09X0GWRUdFnUlRTLNN41AwUEJSU1M1U1JVS1XGYeJknWZUaPJqQ2sXbAtsRnJsdhF8g3_GgpuDX4PMg9uFe4uMjDaP-pBVkyeVIJUul5WYrZo7muCf36IAplet8a6zr2y18rc-uJO86sBUwGbAmsHFwzrGrtD12L3Z_Nte4XPr7uv17BjsOO988B_w1fId8kX53f4K?accountName=Dakilula&characterName=ERROR_RIP_ROUNDTWO

Spoiler
Last edited by Dakilula on Jul 17, 2015, 3:38:44 PM
"
Love this build!

I had given up on my Mjolner for 2.0 until I came across your guide.

awwww, thanks =D <3

"
I think with LL+Vaal pact its even more budget.

true. You gut the dps a bit by doing this, but you also gut the price tag on the build by a lot. i might actually get that into the guide as a "stepping stone" option... thanks for the idea. Another option is to combine the two. but that takes good gear, and eats a sizeable portion of Our dps. you turn into an unkillable guy, tho!

"
Have you tried ditching arc and adding concentrated effect?

I might have to get clearer in the guide on this point; Conc effect is not better for this build. The DPS stays about the same, because even though you gain a 69% MORE multi, you loose one Power charge each proc, since you no longer have a secondary spell to grant you one. And you loose the damage of arc itself, wich really is pretty good. if an average discharge is around 15 k, then arc is probably around 3-4 k. it adds up. So the only thing you do by using conc effect is gut Your AOE for trash, and get fewer Power charges and thereby endurance charges each discharge, wich in turn means that the kingsguard will heal you for less. so no, keep arc. Conc would technically be better than Lightning pen for single target, but only as long as the target has less than 25~ Resist. and practically every boss in the game has higher resists than that. The same is true for iron will.
Can you put up your jewels?
sucks how much the build got nerfed. the damage is extremely underwhelming now
"
Demonzu wrote:
sucks how much the build got nerfed. the damage is extremely underwhelming now

Well, not gonna lie, damage is nerfed. But that has to do with the changes thay made to monsters and their damage. Getting one-shot is a true possibility even with 10 + k armor and 5k + HP, so i had to make the build more tanky in comparison to the low-life version. Low life was simple, get VP, get 6-7 k ES and you are good to go, everything else could be used to add damage. Now its not enough with just a big life/ES pool, you actually need defences. Personally, i do not mind the change. while this build used to be able to push 400 k + single target, you are now more around the 100 k area. this is a much healthier spot in my opinion. It makes fights like atziri and other hard bosses more skill based and less "throw currency at the problem uintill it goes away" based.
This build is a bomb!

Having tried both Reoxy's and skieZ's builds, for me Viviere's setup is hands-down the most effective Mjolner build in 2.0. DPS/Survivability is well balanced, clearspeed is great while it's a virtual facetank of any map mod combo.

If you're going for a Mjolner build in 2.0 I can vouche that this sexy guide works 101%. You won't feel as squishy as with the other two guides I've mentioned and you'll still one shot whole rooms and be almost as tanky as LowLife builds were prior to 2.0 (Reoxy's build was my favorite).

My advice is to opt for AA + HoT variant of this guide. Along with that, to compensate for not having Haste, just pick up additional 1.8% Life regen in the Combat Stamina cluster and run Bloodrage at all times (you'll still lose 0.4% life/sec but that's nothing if you keep hitting things).

And if you wonder about Acuity/VP and LL gem, they simply aren't needed. I swapped out the LL gem for Lightning Penetration and Acuity for Voidbringer as instructed in the guide, and I'm delighted how it's looking.

Props to Viviere for making the guide! I know you wrote that you might not update/adapt the guide in the future, but I personally hope you do.
IGN: Bootfish, Bootcharge, Krux ☆ PoE YouTube Channel: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
2.0 Uber Atziri Video guide for "Mjolner Armor Life MoM/EB": http://tinyurl.com/malmomeb
2.0 Videos: 82 Core ☆ Uber Atziri: http://tinyurl.com/bootfish
Build guide thread: http://tinyurl.com/liferainbownuke
Hey, it's very nice build, great job, man. I thought about this build right when I saw that Kingsguard notice by Chris (or someone?) but never got the chance to try it. I've still used the Coil though, what do you think better between the Coil and Kingsguard for this build? Personally after testing, I found the LL + VP now pale in comparison to its early glory, and it's quite difficult to tank boss with the Coil now.

I put up a build myself, with a bit of crit only to sustain flasks, any comment is appreciated!
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAdwEBwSzBUIPqxEtFr8YXRmKGjgajySLJpUnLylPKjgqTSycMtE1kjboOlg62DwFPC0_J0GWRKtFR0ZpR35KyEyzUEdRTFVLVa5VxlivWfNfsGHiZU1nm2u3bqpyqXasd-N4DXyDfVuCEIKbg8yD24TZhX2MNo-mkFWaO5u1n9-iAKlurEesqq3xrj6us7Xytz69Nr6nwBrAZsM6xBXE9sauykrPftD12L3fsORR6hjr7uw47w7vfPba9zL7Cf4K
Last edited by wiwigvn on Jul 21, 2015, 12:39:05 AM
Hey,
Very nice guide that explains a lot
Probably will rebuild my standard mjölner build this way when I stop playing the warbands league ;)

But you made a little mistake
As a 6 link option for molten strike you have additional accuracy listed with the info to not use a quality one because of the crit rate but the quality bonus got changed with 2.0, it's now +% accuracy which is not bad to get :)

Last edited by Amhal on Jul 21, 2015, 5:00:26 AM
@Amhal; Shiiiiiet did not notice that, that is actually very good then! ill change that in my guide soon, thanks for tip =D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info