⚡⚡ The BestShockwaveBuildEver ⚡⚡ [CI/Crit/Dual Totem][2.0] - [Plus additional Budget Guide]

Thanks for the indepth reply, I was still debating which totem I should go for if my goal is high level maps/bosses.
"
Shaarq wrote:
hi sir,

wanna give your build a try, maybe in tempest...

i think the build isn't doable as a templar?
maybe it will be very tough and unsafe in leveling process...
should i go for a shield instead of dualwield?

Hi, it's doable but you lose at least 3 passive points, the same goes for any other char in the tree, Witch is hands down the best choice to max out the skills in the passive tree.

Go DW as long as you're able to get weapons also with crit damage on em because crit damage is "THE" key, so you should aim for getting monsters down as fast as possible wich makes a shield in most cases totally obsolete.

Going to update this thread later tonight with a leveling guide and a description for a budget version.

For the rest please let me quote myself:

"
"
germano003 wrote:
Can you do a leveling progress guide? I want to try it out, but kinda new to the game. What's the best gem to level up early, since shockwave totem is 31. Any tips for begginers?

That's a good idea, i'm going to extend the build description with a leveling guide ASAP :)

Use Flame Totems (lvl4) and don't take life nodes in the passive tree, instead get life on items.

You can switch to CI when you get around 3,5k-4K es, that should be obtainable later around Merciless A3 or A4.

You should also socket additionally a Spell Totem into a free socket, because you can also switch later for the sake of variety to Storm call if you want. :)

Try also to get at least 2 life flasks (at slot pos. 1 & 2) with instant recovery mods until you can take CI.
- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Jul 20, 2015, 7:28:59 AM
"
blingi wrote:
Thanks for the indepth reply, I was still debating which totem I should go for if my goal is high level maps/bosses.

That's hard to answer since i haven't tried every possible totem build yet but if i where you i would check youtube or in the poe forums for equal alternatives, check also the comments to analyze the overall feedback.

If you read a lot about "i'm dying very often what should i do?" or "costs a shitload of currency but you need a lot of skill to play this build" in the comments then skip it and look further.
- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Jul 20, 2015, 7:23:10 AM
Yo mate great guide. I chose this build, but with a different defensive setup: since the change to ES i decided to take EB and use all mana to run auras. I think 2k es will be enough to cast totem frequently, even using MoM too.
So I will be full life with a good physical reduction too. The bad thing is that this way i need to use the shield, i cant go dual wield but... i think it will be ok.

What surprise me in your build is the absence of power charges: what is your critical chance with totems?
"
Serge91 wrote:
Yo mate great guide. I chose this build, but with a different defensive setup: since the change to ES i decided to take EB and use all mana to run auras. I think 2k es will be enough to cast totem frequently, even using MoM too.
So I will be full life with a good physical reduction too. The bad thing is that this way i need to use the shield, i cant go dual wield but... i think it will be ok.

What surprise me in your build is the absence of power charges: what is your critical chance with totems?

Hi, I've got 50%'ish CC plus Assasins Mark which results in more than enough critical strike chances, so no need to get stationary and to stand still to generate charges and it also results in an priceless defensive mechanism and a great mobility which is IMHO a must with the new hostile meta of POE.

It's really a question of effiency so you don't have to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut.
- Best Signature Ever -
When are you going to post about the budget version? The rolls on your stuff and your gems are pretty insane and I'd like to see how well a cheaper version does.
I tried this build but my damage on screen is 1000dps, 27% crit chance and 290 crit modifier. i cant even do 68 maps. Which stats should i go for?
Budget guide added, but still WIP! so bare with me.
- Best Signature Ever -
"
cta1234 wrote:
I tried this build but my damage on screen is 1000dps, 27% crit chance and 290 crit modifier. i cant even do 68 maps. Which stats should i go for?

With your given stats i would have even problems in cruel i guess :D

I am curious, are you a self found player with though luck so far?
- Best Signature Ever -
"
"
cta1234 wrote:

With your given stats i would have even problems in cruel i guess :D

I am curious, are you a self found player with though luck so far?

Im playing on warbands league, the new server with new economy, right now i have some yellow item and tablua rasa. Which stats should i go for on wand? spell damage and crit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info