Alienware Laptop Winners and 2.0.0d Patch!

"
cshamilton wrote:
"
rebalance Kaom's area too plz, everything there hits hard on normal and cruel

I personally felt Kaom was the easiest of them all.
I did have max fire resist, but shouldn't everyone have max or close-to-max by act 4?

Anyways, I think Kaom is good. No need for nerfs.

Max resists at the end of normal? In a new league? What unrealistic expectations. This game shouldn't be balanced around max resists in normal/cruel. Act 1-2-3 normal dont require max resists. You can deal with Dominus just fine having only zero lightning res in normal. It will be harder but still manageable.

That is all I will say here before spoiling too much.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
cshamilton wrote:
"
rebalance Kaom's area too plz, everything there hits hard on normal and cruel

I personally felt Kaom was the easiest of them all.
I did have max fire resist, but shouldn't everyone have max or close-to-max by act 4?

Anyways, I think Kaom is good. No need for nerfs.

Max resists at the end of normal? In a new league? What unrealistic expectations. This game shouldn't be balanced around max resists in normal/cruel. Act 1-2-3 normal dont require max resists. You can deal with Dominus just fine having only zero lightning res in normal. It will be harder but still manageable.

That is all I will say here before spoiling too much.

Definitely not unrealistic.
I'm a solo self found relatively inexperienced player and even I managed to get close to the cap for 2/3 resists by act IV
I did a little write up of how the race went for me, check it out if you are interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3d5chg/the_race_for_merc_malachai/
"
DoctorMeat wrote:
I did a little write up of how the race went for me, check it out if you are interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3d5chg/the_race_for_merc_malachai/

Congratz to both of you, and I'll check out that write-up.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Last edited by bLACKLOTUS90 on Sep 2, 2020, 5:48:59 PM
Ya cuz this prize was fair. Not a single person who one was a beta tester. What a load of crap.
"
Disrupted wrote:
Please dont rush it, Malachai may need a slight tuning, but not a huge nerf like some people want.

That fight should feel amazing, not something to cheap with pizzablast and incenabore.

That was part of the problem - it didn't feel amazing, it felt like a crowded clusterfuck of "oh god what is going on and oops I just got 1-shot with 1500 life." In normal.

It's certainly going to be easier for some builds with defensive options that line up better with what he throws at you. But with say, casters who won't have much defensive options other than life and a little bit of regen by the end of A4 normal, that's a tough ask when there are so many avenues to get damaged and very little space to maneuver.

Reducing boss life and some of the ground clutter in normal, increasing those as you get to Cruel and Merciless, is a good move. Wiping players almost instantly when they get to the final boss is not a good move.

You could make a case that one should maybe party up or trade for better gear before engaging the fight, but I'm not ready to completely write-off solo self-found yet. That should still be possible.
Congrats to the winners!

But their super fast rushing to get through Merciless Act 4 final boss poses a more serious problem. If a few select top elite no-lifers can blow through all 4 acts 3 times in just the first weekend of The Awakening release then all GGG sees is that PoE must be too easy. GGG usually doesn't see the 90+% rest of us who aren't even finished on Normal difficulty yet. It also means that racers don't give a crap about any of the new content, not the art quality, nor the lore, or anything else. They are just fixated on getting to the end as fast as possible. I feel sad and angry at them simultaneously. Sad that they are missing out on a lot of the new content. Angry that they give GGG a very false sense of how hard they have made PoE.

Fortunately some one at GGG has noticed the ton of posts and patch 2.0.0d has been released that addresses the final boss' way too uber difficulty and has done the right thing and nerfed that boss way down. But that just further re-enforces what most of us already know to be true, that GGG is mostly catering to the elite masochist no-lifers that can eat up all difficulty here and come back to GGG with a "more harder please" request. GGG obviously made the final act 4 boss too hard (suicide bombing and dieing 100 times to defeat that boss is insanely wrong with a good build) and yet the devs actually thought it was ok to do so otherwise they would never have released PoE 2.0 this way. If I think about the future implications of this going forward for acts 5+ and realize that this catering to the uber elite players is their normal policy any more I'll really get depressed about being able to enjoy playing PoE for more years. GGG will have blocked us out with the new difficulty walls. I get it that uber elites want more, more, and more difficulty. But killing out the rest of us is wrong too. Sigh!!!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 13, 2015, 4:11:18 PM
(+1 to the post above)

Just wonder how GGG identifys/assigns the first killer if the kill is done in a party? So the one with the killing blow is the winner? Do they cut tha laptop in pieces to share it between the partymembers to be fair? Or is/was the endboss solomode only for the time of the event?

Last edited by hcl on Jul 13, 2015, 4:38:31 PM
Grats on the new laptops guys! That's an epic prize for an epic race.
i <3 minesweeper

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info