Hypothermia

That I know...valid point though.
I specced my char in a way he can get full use out of Hypothermia and it just feels a bit invisible. I got 9-10 attacks per second, and thus need not worry about chill duration too much (besides, I got a Q20 Hypothermia now).
I was hoping it would outperform Added Fire but so far, there is little difference...

Will keep hypothermia most likely though, since it is much better against ele reflect
Thanks for your answer
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Vipermagi you said "is Chilled" can be caused only by hits. How does Arctic Armour chills the enemies then?
Last edited by quickey on Nov 20, 2015, 7:07:10 PM
"
quickey wrote:
Vipermagi you said "is Chilled" can be caused only by hits. How does Arctic Armour chills the enemies then?

Re-read the first word. I am not saying Chill can only be applied through Hits.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 20, 2015, 7:40:07 PM
I also came to this thread after realizing it doesn't apply to Righteous Fire or Searing Bond. I chill and proc Elemental equilibrium with an ice nova trap and expected my righteous fire totems to be more effective.

I understand that it won't freeze, because I don't hit, but the MORE damage part should work.

Please re-word or fix this
Last edited by Visca on Jan 6, 2016, 12:19:40 PM
Why doesn't it show in the tool tip that it increases x% more damage the supported skill if it is chilled. Does it actually work but just doesn't show the tool tip?
"
Why doesn't it show in the tool tip that it increases x% more damage the supported skill if it is chilled. Does it actually work but just doesn't show the tool tip?

The tool-tip cannot account for the damage since it only activates based on the enemy's status.(being either chilled or not)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Is it worth using Hypothermia gem when using Hatred aura?

For example, I use SRS with:

- Hatred + Generosity + witch aura effectiveness nodes
- Grip of the Council gloves.

Which gives: "Nearby allies gain ~90% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage".

In this case, would Hypothermia be better than Elemental Focus gem?
Still sane?
Hypothermia feels great with ice shot - all that chilled ground it drops keeps enemies chilled even without breaking the 300 ms barrier.

as to the tooltip discussion: of course it can't display the correct DPS on chilled enemies - but it could add the text "deals x % more damage to chilled targets" just to reassure players the effect is in place.
Does the "more damage" bonus apply to an initial chill-causing hit? Or does the target need to be chilled prior to the initial hit?
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
tomatopotato wrote:
Does the "more damage" bonus apply to an initial chill-causing hit?

You need to Hit and deal Damage before you can apply Chill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info