Hypothermia

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:49:54 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:50:09 PM

Why doesn't Searing Bond work with Hypothermia?

Say i've chilled an enemy with whatever skill. Hypothermia says 32% more damage to chilled enemies. What's the problem?

And if this is intended, can you unintend it? It's completely counterintuitive and annoying that this doesn't work. :P

Note that i don't expect the "chance to freeze enemies which are chilled" to have any effect, of course, since Searing Bond doesn't hit.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jul 13, 2015, 2:14:11 PM
I am using Hypothermia with frost blade and seems good support damage. I don't know if the enemy froze because of the 10% of this gem with mutlistike and high speed or my critical but lot of them are frozen now :)

Anyone know if the damage apply also on frozen target ?
Yes I believe any enemy frozen is also chilled if the unofficial wiki is correct.

From the Unofficial PoE wiki.

"
When a target is frozen, it is also chilled for the entire freeze duration, plus an additional 300 ms.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Freeze
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
The wording should be changed to % More damage to Chilled enemies when hit because as it stands now, Hypothermia does not work with Searing bond or Righteous fire (tried chilling enemies via arctic breath and arctic armour) as they do not "hit"

If this is intented, wording needs to change. if its unintended then its a bug as gem doesn't even show on skill bar as linked.
I believe this gem is interesting in idea, but due to the condiontal nature of the damge, I believe its damage needs to be kicked up a bit. Tried it out on a frostblade user with arctic armor running to help chill enemies while kiting backwards. Overall it felt like a lackluster damage increase. Chance to freeze is nice I guess, but really the effect is negligible.
I can see it being no brainer for crit attack/spell builds as long as they have any source of cold damage to proc chill or defensively arctic armour or cwdt+some ice skill can proc it.

For non crit builds it might take a bit of investment in % chance to freeze/chill unless the skill used is doing that on hit anyway like ice shot etc. defensive options are same for both types to proc chill.

good gem overall
"
unsane wrote:

Why doesn't Searing Bond work with Hypothermia?

Say i've chilled an enemy with whatever skill. Hypothermia says 32% more damage to chilled enemies. What's the problem?

And if this is intended, can you unintend it? It's completely counterintuitive and annoying that this doesn't work. :P

Note that i don't expect the "chance to freeze enemies which are chilled" to have any effect, of course, since Searing Bond doesn't hit.
it looks like it's intended as it also doesn't work with righteous fire or poison arrow (dot effects), and in fact the gem support symbol won't even show up for rf/pa skill icon. Same thing with sb I guess
Last edited by grepman on Jul 20, 2015, 3:59:55 AM
If it's intended the wording needs to change. I've been playing this game for 4 years, thousands of hours, and by a strict reading of the gems, it should work. I feel for all the new Awakening players that must be completely baffled and offput by things like this.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
it looks like it's intended as it also doesn't work with righteous fire or poison arrow (dot effects), and in fact the gem support symbol won't even show up for rf/pa skill icon. Same thing with sb I guess

The icon symbol does indeed show up, you must have missed it somehow.

This support gem doesn't work properly from the looks of it.
Can somebody from GGG please explain the mechanics and interactions of this gem?
Does it only support a limited selection of skills for example only cold skills?

Last edited by Lord_OverShadow on Jul 28, 2015, 10:14:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info